Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
05-08-2014, 10:16 PM
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
the new testament was written 50 to sixty ce which if you remember Jesus's death is where the history a.k.a before christ and after death starts.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2014, 10:21 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2014 10:24 PM by hbl.)
(05-08-2014 10:16 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  the new testament was written 50 to sixty ce

Their first compiling of the NT was during Jesus' life. The final compilation depending on which of the 27 books we are talking about in the 30's, 40's and 50's, and Revelation 95 AD.

Jesus died on the cross Passover, Friday, Nisan 14, April 1, 33 AD (Gregorian) exactly the day Daniel prophesied when the Messiah would be cut off for our transgressions.

The other great prophecy was Ezekiel on his side takes us to exactly May, 1948 when Israel would become a nation again.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-08-2014, 10:27 PM
[Image: I_know_the_bible_is_true_sophistry_zps84bddb56.gif]
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
05-08-2014, 10:29 PM
Don't be upset when I tell you Christians don't use that approach.
05-08-2014, 10:34 PM
(05-08-2014 09:55 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(05-08-2014 09:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  7. He was buried in a tomb and after three days rose again.
8. His resurrection was celebrated every year.

You would need to identify the source, the earliest known surviving papyri, and show the source was before Jesus since Jesus was the first and only substantially proven by the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles in various group settings.

Typically copycats lack the well corroborated multiple eyewitness testimony in various group settings and drop off in following because of this.

You need at least the claim of several hundred million followers today if not over a billion.

Source?

(05-08-2014 09:59 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(05-08-2014 09:56 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  eye witness???? this stuff was written 60 to 100 years later.

The Apostles died in the Neronian persecutions around 65 AD so all the books of the NT were completed by then as it was written by the eyewitnesses and those close to.

It wouldn't make much sense to say it was written 100 years later because we already have quotes from church fathers before then of the same passages. They were quoting the already completed Bible.

You can quote all the verses in the NT except for 11 verses from the early church fathers in the late first and 2nd centuries.

Source?

(05-08-2014 10:21 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(05-08-2014 10:16 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  the new testament was written 50 to sixty ce

Their first compiling of the NT was during Jesus' life. The final compilation depending on which of the 27 books we are talking about in the 30's, 40's and 50's, and Revelation 95 AD.

Jesus died on the cross Passover, Friday, Nisan 14, April 1, 33 AD (Gregorian) exactly the day Daniel prophesied when the Messiah would be cut off for our transgressions.

The other great prophecy was Ezekiel on his side takes us to exactly May, 1948 when Israel would become a nation again.

I want to believe you, it is just contradictory to everything I have read on the subject, and everything anyone of any authority has told me about the bible. Do you have a source?
[+] 2 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
05-08-2014, 10:34 PM
(05-08-2014 10:29 PM)hbl Wrote:  Don't be upset when I tell you Christians don't use that approach.

Don't be upset when I ask you to back up your claims with evidence Drinking Beverage
[+] 5 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
05-08-2014, 10:43 PM
I like to use the Minimal Facts Approach.

Paul said, "I went to Jerusalem to get to know Peter, and I stayed with him for fifteen days. The only other apostle I met at that time was James, the Lord’s brother" (Gal. 1.18,19). Some years later he wrote, "The leaders of the church had nothing to add to what I was preaching. James, Peter, and John, who were known as pillars of the church, recognized the gift God had given me, and they accepted Barnabas and me as their co-workers. They encouraged us to keep preaching to the Gentiles, while they continued their work with the Jews" (Gal. 2.6,9,10).

In 1 Cor. 15 Paul gave the gospel message he received from them that he likewise had received from Jesus seeing Jesus alive from the dead in various group settings.
05-08-2014, 10:44 PM
(05-08-2014 10:29 PM)hbl Wrote:  Don't be upset when I tell you Christians don't use that approach.

on a side note I actually like to see what you think of the gospels that didn't make it into the bible.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
05-08-2014, 10:48 PM
(05-08-2014 10:43 PM)hbl Wrote:  I like to use the Minimal Facts Approach.

Paul said, "I went to Jerusalem to get to know Peter, and I stayed with him for fifteen days. The only other apostle I met at that time was James, the Lord’s brother" (Gal. 1.18,19). Some years later he wrote, "The leaders of the church had nothing to add to what I was preaching. James, Peter, and John, who were known as pillars of the church, recognized the gift God had given me, and they accepted Barnabas and me as their co-workers. They encouraged us to keep preaching to the Gentiles, while they continued their work with the Jews" (Gal. 2.6,9,10).

In 1 Cor. 15 Paul gave the gospel message he received from them that he likewise had received from Jesus seeing Jesus alive from the dead in various group settings.

Forgive me, when I said source, I meant something that would collaborate your claims.

What paul has to say about his own missionary is something less than credible in isolation. There are seventeen non christian sources for jesus. A handful of them would be a great start.
[+] 1 user Likes Michael_Tadlock's post
05-08-2014, 10:49 PM
(05-08-2014 10:44 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I actually like to see what you think of the gospels that didn't make it into the bible.

Only the books of the NT were written before 65 AD. I don't see the point in giving any value to 'other books' or other gospels that come along centuries later. They are too far removed from the life of Jesus 6 BC to 33 AD. Scholars value sources closest to their events not centuries later.