Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
06-08-2014, 02:52 AM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2014 06:30 AM by EvolutionKills.)
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(06-08-2014 02:45 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(05-08-2014 09:55 PM)hbl Wrote:  You need at least the claim of several hundred million followers today if not over a billion.

Why?

Simple, because the majority opinion determines the actual state of reality. You see, before pro-science secular propaganda changed things, the word was in fact both flat and at the center of all creation. But then godless astronomers and scientists started to propagate the lie of heliocentrism, and the nature of reality itself changed.

Or not... Rolleyes

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
06-08-2014, 05:54 AM
Well finally caught up on this thread.... So hbl, has your visit to TTA gone the way you'd imagined it? Haha

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
06-08-2014, 07:10 AM
(06-08-2014 02:04 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(05-08-2014 10:21 PM)hbl Wrote:  Their first compiling of the NT was during Jesus' life. The final compilation depending on which of the 27 books we are talking about in the 30's, 40's and 50's, and Revelation 95 AD.

How can a "compiling" be before the writing ? Even your precious Habermas says Paul was not written THAT early. NOT ONE scholar on the face of the Earth agrees with that. Not One. How can the letters of Paul be "compiled" (who supposedly persecuted Christians), before there even were Christians ? There were no Christians to persecute during Jesus lifetime. Are you like retarded ? There is also not one scholar that agrees with that. Prove it. provide references.

You have a LOT of references to go back and get, fool. Unless you do your garbage is entirely in the dumper, troll.

Still waiting for your polls of scholars.

Waiting.

As an interesting side note, it was Marcion that first proposed the idea of Biblical canon that forced the Orthodox church to create their own canon.
The very concept of a canonical gospel was a reactionary move to suppress the first heretic! I don't think it's a small point to be made, that a heretic was instrumental in the formation of the very Bible modern Christianity believes to be true.

Actually Marcion was much more honest than current-day apologists in recognizing that the Old Testament God needed to be rejected as the tyrannical monster that it clearly portrayed Yahweh as, in OT texts.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 4 users Like TheInquisition's post
06-08-2014, 09:16 AM
(05-08-2014 10:53 PM)hbl Wrote:  Basically people began writing down the events of the NT as soon as they happened but their final compilation could be no later than 40 or 50 AD and Revelation 95 AD, depending on which of the 27 books we are talking about.

There is nothing historical that back that up. Most biblical scholars estimate the first written gospels to be dated around 20 years after the crucifixion and most of the later than that. Basically the writers of the gospel were not contemporaries to Jesus. Even religious biblical scholars agree with that.

The bible was compiled after the council of Nicea (325 AD).

I have no idea where you get your history from.
06-08-2014, 10:46 AM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2014 02:09 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
(06-08-2014 02:45 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(05-08-2014 09:55 PM)hbl Wrote:  You need at least the claim of several hundred million followers today if not over a billion.

Why?

lol I gather the fact that over a billion people believe in the same delusion (albeit 35,000 different versions of the same delusion in Christianity alone) which MUST make it true!

but wait, how many muslims are there? so then THEIR religion must be true because there are 1.8 billion of them...uhoh...what about the Hindus.....well shit, I don't know what to believe in now based on hbl's flawed logic of the majority believing the same lie makes it true. Laughat

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 5 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
06-08-2014, 10:47 AM
(06-08-2014 09:16 AM)wazzel Wrote:  
(05-08-2014 10:53 PM)hbl Wrote:  Basically people began writing down the events of the NT as soon as they happened but their final compilation could be no later than 40 or 50 AD and Revelation 95 AD, depending on which of the 27 books we are talking about.

There is nothing historical that back that up. Most biblical scholars estimate the first written gospels to be dated around 20 years after the crucifixion and most of the later than that. Basically the writers of the gospel were not contemporaries to Jesus. Even religious biblical scholars agree with that.

The bible was compiled after the council of Nicea (325 AD).

I have no idea where you get your history from.

I concur, each book can pretty much be traced back to its fabrication, as I have said earlier, no one who wrote of jesus knew him. All hearsay....fairy tales and allegorical daydreams.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
06-08-2014, 10:52 AM
(05-08-2014 11:48 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

Zero fucking evidence for any of this. The oldest scraps (yes, scraps, many no bigger than credit cards; and nothing close to complete manuscripts or codex's) we have are from centuries after the supposed events. You don't start to see entire codex's until the 8th century. Not only that, but the earliest codex's and manuscripts vary greatly from later versions (i.e. the story of the woman caught in adultery in John is a latter addition, and the oldest versions of Mark originally ended right after the crucifixion without the resurrection), and show clear signs of purposeful editing, revision, miss-translation, copyist mistakes, and omissions.

Troll harder dumbass, you don't know shit. Drinking Beverage

We interrupt this trollbashing to bring you the following message:
The plural of codex is codices.
(conveniently enough, in both the nominative and accusative)

Regularly scheduled programming will now continue.

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
06-08-2014, 11:05 AM
Oddly, my dictionary also provides codexes.

Americans.

Whadda ya gonna do? Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
06-08-2014, 11:19 AM
(06-08-2014 10:52 AM)cjlr Wrote:  We interrupt this trollbashing to bring you the following message:

According to Oxford Dictionaries, both "codexes" and "codices" are viable plural forms of the word "codex." Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
06-08-2014, 11:22 AM
(06-08-2014 11:19 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(06-08-2014 10:52 AM)cjlr Wrote:  We interrupt this trollbashing to bring you the following message:

According to Oxford Dictionaries, both "codexes" and "codices" are viable plural forms of the word "codex." Consider

Yes, but the former is a bastardisation. So there's that.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post