Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
06-08-2014, 06:46 PM
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(06-08-2014 06:43 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(06-08-2014 06:29 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  And of course YOU'RE one of the "true ones". (No True Scotsman Fallacy)

Yes of course. Before the foundations of the world God chose me as evident by the fact I agree with all 18 of these questions in agreement with Scripture:

http://biblocality.com/forums/register.php

What else can I tell you? The truth will set you free.

So this means you have no proofs to support your lies then ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2014, 06:47 PM
Well at least you have given up on the "eye witness apostles bit". Probably to much to ask that you will address my post. Well beyond reason to think you might learn something.

Have fun with salvation. Derive great satisfaction from knowing myself and other's like me will burn forever in hell. I am sure you already do Drinking Beverage .
06-08-2014, 06:56 PM
So your evil capricious deity ("from the foundations of the world") does the choosing and not choosing, (thus negating "free will"), and you actually think it creates the vast majority if humans for hell, and KNEW that would happen, yet did it anyway. How special. The fact is you're not special in any way. Just another nut-bag religious wacko in a VERY long line of wackos. You nuts are a dime a dozen.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
06-08-2014, 06:57 PM
Can you think of a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles? Remember, this is the best proof God could ever provide and the best proof you can fathom.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-08-2014, 07:01 PM
(06-08-2014 06:57 PM)hbl Wrote:  Can you think of a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles? Remember, this is the best proof God could ever provide and the best proof you can fathom.

So then you have no proof of anything.
Only CLAIMS that what somebody wrote in a book and CLAIMED was "eyewitness" testimony was true.
That's what I thought.

Yes I have an explanation.
Purposeful deception on the part of the writers.
Just like you, they made claims for which they had no support, and expected the gullible to buy into the crap.

[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
06-08-2014, 07:13 PM
Their multiple eyewitness testimony in various group settings has no naturalistic explanation, therefore it must be true.
06-08-2014, 07:25 PM
Re: RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(06-08-2014 06:57 PM)hbl Wrote:  Can you think of a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles? Remember, this is the best proof God could ever provide and the best proof you can fathom.

Ignoring some of the flaws in even asking that... There's a couple right off the bat simple ones. Minds are easily fooled into thinking they see something they didn't see. I just watched Penn And Teller fool us, even experts in the field of illusion are capable of being swayed.

Also history itself is reconstructive by minds and not recollective. After time and input from others, events frequently get recalled incorrect by people. What one remembers is susceptible to persuasion.

Are alien abductions real to you also? There's corroborating evidence of abductions compiled by people as well.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
06-08-2014, 07:27 PM
(06-08-2014 07:25 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Minds are easily fooled into thinking they see something they didn't see.

Group hallucinations are impossible.

You'll notice every time you bring up a contention it fails.
06-08-2014, 07:34 PM
(06-08-2014 07:13 PM)hbl Wrote:  Their multiple eyewitness testimony in various group settings has no naturalistic explanation, therefore it must be true.

This right here is an unmistakeable Argument from Ignorance fallacy.

You have no way to prove that it has no naturalistic explanation, short of exploring and discounting each and every one of those, which is pointless in our reality. And concluding from ignorance is never compelling nor is it useful.

If you don't want a sarcastic answer, don't ask stupid questions. Drinking Beverage
06-08-2014, 07:35 PM
You can go through the full gambit of naturalistic theories to realize they all fail to know it is true.

Pleading ignorance otherwise is not tenable.