Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
03-08-2014, 11:10 PM
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(03-08-2014 09:48 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Fallacy after fallacy after fallacy all of which I read in my mind to the sound of voice of that idiot WLC. Pathetic regurgitation of a hack.

Do you know what I like about your claim? You have no evidence for any of it like I have evidence as was given in the opening post. Therefore, because you can muster no evidence for your claim, you give strength to my claim.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2014, 11:11 PM
(03-08-2014 11:03 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(03-08-2014 10:57 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  You must not understand sarcasm

Chalk that one up for still nobody can be found to even believe in FSM. I don't think that helps your case. I think it hurts it.

There's no case to begin with, we are mocking you and your horrible claims. Bucky Ball already refuted everything you have said so your case is no more. Pastafarianism is pretty much a parody religion though they see themselves as a genuine religion. It goes to show that anyone can make up Gods and religious beliefs just like all other Gods and religions.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
03-08-2014, 11:13 PM
(03-08-2014 11:07 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(03-08-2014 09:56 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  As other's have stated, Atheism is a disbelief in Deities. You can't believe in disbelief. Also a God cannot just exist, God would have had to be created by something but as you said something can't be created by nothing so God cannot exist.

You can't believe your disbelief in God?

You don't believe in something you disbelieve in, that's a contradiction. I don't believe in God.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
03-08-2014, 11:14 PM
(03-08-2014 09:41 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No atheist "believes in atheism". A-theism the the absence of something.

Since you believe atheists don't believe in atheism then that is a contradiction that contradicts atheists who do believe in atheism. The Bible says that is immoral to have a "doubletongue" (1 Tim. 3.8).

Atheism is a belief in absence of God so the belief in absence is not an absence of belief.
03-08-2014, 11:15 PM
(03-08-2014 11:14 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(03-08-2014 09:41 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No atheist "believes in atheism". A-theism the the absence of something.

Since you believe atheists don't believe in atheism then that is a contradiction that contradicts atheists who do believe in atheism. The Bible says that is immoral to have a "doubletongue" (1 Tim. 3.8).

Atheism is a belief in absence of God so the belief in absence is not an absence of belief.

Atheism is not a belief system. You can't be hungry and full at the same time or sleeping and awake likewise you can't believe a disbelief.

03-08-2014, 11:17 PM
(03-08-2014 11:13 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  You don't believe in something you disbelieve in, that's a contradiction. I don't believe in God.

If you don't believe in something you disbelieve in such as God then you contradict yourself because on the one hand you disbelieve in God and the other you don't believe in your disbelief. All I can say to that is be "not doubletongued" (1 Tim. 3.8) and that Satan is in your heart is the author of confusion.

As you can see the Bible takes the moral high ground to Atheism. I would rather be on the common sensical team.
03-08-2014, 11:18 PM
The major differences between Pastafarianism and Christianity:

* We know how Pastafarianism developed, whereas the origins of Christianity are lost to history.
* Pastafarianism has a better track record in keeping the peace in civil society.
* The Noodly Eucharist goes better with Parmesan cheese.
[+] 7 users Like Astreja's post
03-08-2014, 11:20 PM
(03-08-2014 11:17 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(03-08-2014 11:13 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  You don't believe in something you disbelieve in, that's a contradiction. I don't believe in God.

If you don't believe in something you disbelieve in such as God then you contradict yourself because on the one hand you disbelieve in God and the other you don't believe in your disbelief. All I can say to that is be "not doubletongued" (1 Tim. 3.8) and that Satan is in your heart is the author of confusion.

No the opposite would be a contradiction. I don't know how I am gonna get through to someone with such a small closed mind.

03-08-2014, 11:21 PM
(03-08-2014 11:17 PM)hbl Wrote:  If you don't believe in something you disbelieve in such as God then you contradict yourself because on the one hand you disbelieve in God and the other you don't believe in your disbelief. All I can say to that is be "not doubletongued" (1 Tim. 3.8) and that Satan is in your heart is the author of confusion.

As you can see the Bible takes the moral high ground to Atheism. I would rather be on the common sensical team.

I'm sure you think you're being clever, but frankly your ideas are really dull. It's all been said before.

Shoo fly!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-08-2014, 11:22 PM
(03-08-2014 09:34 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  Atheism is not something to believe in, it's a lack of belief. Your god has no more evidence for its existence than Zeus, Thor, or any other of the countless gods man has come up with throughout time. Your indoctrination does not equal truth. There are people of many other religions around the world that are just as sure that they are right and you are wrong for the exact same reason: Because they were indoctrinated with it. The way you look at Zeus, Thor, Ra and all the other gods: that's how atheists look at all those gods, AND YOURS! That's the only difference between you and atheists.

Ahh Windy! The title of this thread confuzzled me, which really isn't all that hard to do! Rolleyes Anyway, I was thinking that you don't believe in atheism, rather it is "the lack of belief", which I learned from you all, after joining here. Was gonna post it, but you beat me to it.

Even though I didn't get to post the one, and probably only, atheist statement that I know, I did get it right! Patting myself on the back now. Banana_zorro

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
[+] 4 users Like CindysRain's post