Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
06-08-2014, 08:57 PM
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(06-08-2014 08:44 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  We have not yet examined all naturalistic theories. And it is very possible that we can't.

It's true we have exhausted all naturalistic theories to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles. Therefore, logically, it is true, Jesus is God, raised Himself from the grave, and salvation is only possible through Him. There is no other name under heaven by which one can be saved. Consequently, since you reject your Creator's mercy, He rejects you by sending you to Hell.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2014, 09:00 PM
(06-08-2014 08:44 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  
(06-08-2014 08:13 PM)ivaneus Wrote:  My "origin of the universe" comment was meant to try and be a simpler way to tell you about the burden of proof, but nevermind.

This is not true. We have not yet examined all naturalistic theories. And it is very possible that we can't. If you continue to use this as the bedrock of your argumentation it will never be anything more than a logical fallacy.

I wouldn't bother ivaneus. He is very obviously trying to get a reaction out of us. The folly of the argument from ignorance and eyewitness apostles has been explained to him. He doesn't try and argue, just keeps saying it because he knows its irritating.

[Image: 2O6AvNI.jpg]

I'm not irritated in the least, but i do see your point. Smile

Can't blame a guy for trying. At least now i know he isn't willing or is unable to break free of his indoctrination as yet. Too bad.

If you don't want a sarcastic answer, don't ask stupid questions. Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ivaneus's post
06-08-2014, 09:03 PM
(06-08-2014 08:57 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(06-08-2014 08:44 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  We have not yet examined all naturalistic theories. And it is very possible that we can't.

It's true we have exhausted all naturalistic theories to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles. Therefore, logically, it is true, Jesus is God, raised Himself from the grave, and salvation is only possible through Him. There is no other name under heaven by which one can be saved. Consequently, since you reject your Creator's mercy, He rejects you by sending you to Hell.

I know from your perspective "we all look alike", but... I didn't say that Drinking Beverage .

We have a naturalistic theory. It is just incomplete. Not that you cared Rolleyes
[+] 1 user Likes Michael_Tadlock's post
06-08-2014, 09:07 PM

I asked a question. Maybe you haven't had time to answer. So you're positive you are going to this heaven place? Will you feel any pain. Will you be happy there? Hum?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
06-08-2014, 09:08 PM
(06-08-2014 09:03 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  We have a naturalistic theory. It is just incomplete.

There is nothing to suggest it is incomplete. You have 40 writers over 1500 years and 66 books. Sounds pretty comprehensive to me for religio-historical perspective. No other text in history is more comprehensive.

The OT points to the fact nobody can keep the law, and points to Jesus the only person who ever could. The sacrifices cease because the once for all sacrifice pays the ransom. And the millennial kingdom to come when Jesus returns before the New City and New Earth commence.
06-08-2014, 09:17 PM

There are no contemporary wrightings by the apostles or anyone else about Jesus at the time Jesus was supposed to be alive. There is no recorded eye witness testimony because the people that actually wrote the gospels were not even alive at the time the crucifixion took place.
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
06-08-2014, 09:18 PM
So this "heaven" that you think you're going to is only about the size of India? Good grief -- I'd get claustrophobic in a place like that, especially for eternity. I'd want to explore the universe.

Of course, i'd also spend eternity worrying about any friends and family who were in Hell. I'm kind of softhearted that way.

And you don't have a problem with a god that demands "ransom" for not following its un-keepable law? I really don't want to go to this supposed "heaven" if it's full of people who think like that.
06-08-2014, 09:19 PM
(06-08-2014 09:08 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(06-08-2014 09:03 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  We have a naturalistic theory. It is just incomplete.

There is nothing to suggest it is incomplete. You have 40 writers over 1500 years and 66 books. Sounds pretty comprehensive to me for religio-historical perspective. No other text in history is more comprehensive.

The OT points to the fact nobody can keep the law, and points to Jesus the only person who ever could. The sacrifices cease because the once for all sacrifice pays the ransom. And the millennial kingdom to come when Jesus returns before the New City and New Earth commence.

The is nothing in the bible that can be historically verified. No you can not use the bible as it's own reference.
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
06-08-2014, 09:25 PM
(06-08-2014 09:08 PM)hbl Wrote:  

The Romans kept a book of their own history that spanned hundreds of years and had dozens of writers. It would have been the size of an encyclopedia britannica in its complete form. Sadly much of it was lost. Almost everything we know about Roman history we know from the surviving manuscripts from this great book.
06-08-2014, 09:29 PM
(06-08-2014 09:17 PM)wazzel Wrote:  There are no contemporary wrightings by the apostles or anyone else about Jesus at the time Jesus was supposed to be alive. There is no recorded eye witness testimony because the people that actually wrote the gospels were not even alive at the time the crucifixion took place.

These mysterious unknown writers you speak of are nowhere to be found. The 4 gospel accounts were written at least in part when Jesus was alive and completed as a whole within a decade of His death on the cross. They were completed before the Apostles were martyred. John refers to himself in John at the cross and makes a further reference in his epistles he was an eyewitness of Jesus resurrected. James makes mention of seeing Jesus alive from the dead leading to his conversion. Peter said he saw Jesus alive from the dead in his epistles also. Mark refers to himself running naked in the street. Matthew writes as a tax collector that he is emphasizing Jesus as king in his account. And Luke was comprehensive stating Acts was part 2 of his former work of Luke. Since Luke made no mention of Paul's death and Paul died around 65 AD that puts Acts around 50 AD. And Luke came before that around 40 AD. Since Luke took from Mark that puts Mark around 35 AD just 2 years after the cross. Additionally Paul said he spent 15 days with Peter in Gal. 1, spent time with James and John as well mentioned in Gal. 2. He said the gospel account they gave him was the same he received from Jesus. So your late dating legends theory falls apart completely, for Paul's association with the Apostles takes us right back to the cross of Jesus the very people who spent 3 years with Jesus. The first churches by Peter, John and James were setup on the eyewitness testimony of Jesus resurrected.