Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
08-08-2014, 02:44 PM
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(08-08-2014 02:41 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(08-08-2014 02:29 PM)hbl Wrote:  If you believe the earth is flat then you might try to find the edge which would be a waste of your life. So when a Christian tells you the earth is a sphere, but you don't believe it, doesn't mean you won't suffer the consequences of a life searching for the edge of earth.

In the same way you are going to Hell, because just as the earth is proven to be a sphere, Hell is proven to exist, where you are going to because God is proven to exist and Jesus is proven to be God and salvation is proven to be only through Him.

No other name under heaven exists by which one can be saved.

God has given you the free choice to shut your mind down like a zombie to His saving grace.

A person in sin prefers his sin so doesn't care for salvation. God has no use for people like you, and it would be unhealthy to allow you to be with God's chosen people, because you will never repent of your delusion or sick mindedness.

Thanks for that great list of non-sequiturs.
Ya see the Earth really isn't a "sphere", it's an elipse. You lose.

I once wrote "Space is dark" on a grocery list while buying spaghetti. It was irrefutable proof that the Flying Spaghetti Monster was speaking through me. He told me to buy the wheat spaghetti that day (better for you) and I then walked up to the pasta section, put a Colander on my head and started speaking in tongues. Even though the tongues were in english I said, "Humna humna, space is dark. I know now that you exist."

So obviously this dude has it all wrong. My god is right. His is wrong. Neener neener. Fuck your bible shit.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Logisch's post
08-08-2014, 02:49 PM
(08-08-2014 02:40 PM)Logisch Wrote:  We VALUE open discussion, we promote it and we embrace it Wink

Except there hasn't been any "discussion". He just keeps repeating the same assertions as if they're self-evident, completely ignoring the dozens of counter-arguments that have been presented.

Not that I'm in favor of banning him. But I am in favor of ignoring him. Like most trolls, I suspect he will go away if people stop responding to him. We're certainly not going to change his mind. It's not only closed, it's nailed shut and super-glued.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
08-08-2014, 02:52 PM
"God has given you the free choice to shut your mind down like a zombie to His saving grace."

With this sentence he has provided the same amount of evidence for the existence of zombies as he has provided for everything else he claimed.
08-08-2014, 02:53 PM
(08-08-2014 02:25 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(08-08-2014 02:21 PM)hbl Wrote:  Most scholars believe both the long and short endings.

Prove it.

There you go again.

"This original ending of Mark was viewed by later Christians as so deficient that not only was Mark placed second in order in the New Testament, but various endings were added by editors and copyists in some manuscripts to try to remedy things. The longest concocted ending, which became Mark 16:9-19, became so treasured that it was included in the King James Version of the Bible, favored for the past 500 years by Protestants, as well as translations of the Latin Vulgate, used by Catholics. This meant that for countless millions of Christians it became sacred scripture–but it is patently bogus. You might check whatever Bible you use and see if the following verses are included–the chances are good they they will be, since the Church, by and large, found Mark’s original ending so lacking. Here is that forged ending of Mark:

Now when he rose early on the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, from whom he had cast out seven demons. She went and told those who had been with him, as they mourned and wept. But when they heard that he was alive and had been seen by her, they would not believe it. After these things he appeared in another form to two of them, as they were walking into the country. And they went back and told the rest, but they did not believe them. Afterward he appeared to the eleven themselves as they were reclining at table, and he rebuked them for their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they had not believed those who saw him after he had risen. And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover. So then the Lord Jesus, after he had spoken to them, was taken up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God. And they went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them and confirmed the message by accompanying signs."

Bucky, this is from a book I have by Bruce Metzger.

Bruce Metzger, A Textual Commentary on the Greek New Testament (Stuttgart, 1971), pages 122-126.

16:9-20 The Ending(s) of Mark. Four endings of the Gospel according to Mark are current in the manuscripts. (1) The last twelve verses of the commonly received text of Mark are absent from the two oldest Greek manuscripts (א and B), from the Old Latin codex Bobiensis (it k), the Sinaitic Syriac manuscript, about one hundred Armenian manuscripts, and the two oldest Georgian manuscripts (written A.D. 897 and A.D. 913). Clement of Alexandria and Origen show no knowledge of the existence of these verses; furthermore Eusebius and Jerome attest that the passage was absent from almost all Greek copies of Mark known to them. The original form of the Eusebian sections (drawn up by Ammonius) makes no provision for numbering sections of the text after 16:8. Not a few manuscripts which contain the passage have scribal notes stating that older Greek copies lack it, and in other witnesses the passage is marked with asterisks or obeli, the conventional signs used by copyists to indicate a spurious addition to a document.

Oh, no! You mean the Babble was fiddled with and things were added. I'm shocked, just shocked. Gasp

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
08-08-2014, 02:54 PM
(08-08-2014 02:49 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(08-08-2014 02:40 PM)Logisch Wrote:  We VALUE open discussion, we promote it and we embrace it Wink

Except there hasn't been any "discussion". He just keeps repeating the same assertions as if they're self-evident, completely ignoring the dozens of counter-arguments that have been presented.

Not that I'm in favor of banning him. But I am in favor of ignoring him. Like most trolls, I suspect he will go away if people stop responding to him. We're certainly not going to change his mind. It's not only closed, it's nailed shut and super-glued.

And at some point if he ends up being deemed so by the mods then appropriate action would be taken. IN the mean time... Drinking Beverage Just another day on TTA.
08-08-2014, 03:03 PM
Re: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
I think in this poor troll thread this needs to be expressed.

I believe in atheism... yep, I believe atheism exists.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
08-08-2014, 03:06 PM
*clears throat*

It is my great pleasure to award HBL with this fine, fine trophy for his/her hard work in trying to save us poor educated insightful heathens from the fiery pits of hell, and guide us to salvation in the lawd jesus Christ, amen Angel

[Image: xfdd9s.jpg]

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
08-08-2014, 03:08 PM
(08-08-2014 03:06 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  *clears throat*

It is my great pleasure to award HBL with this fine, fine trophy for his/her hard work in trying to save us poor educated insightful heathens from the fiery pits of hell, and guide us to salvation in the lawd jesus Christ, amen Angel

Better have Vosur look at that plaque -- unless the multiple spelling errors are intentional (in which case, never mind).
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
08-08-2014, 03:11 PM
(08-08-2014 03:08 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  

Better have Vosur look at that plaque -- unless the multiple spelling errors are intentional (in which case, never mind).

I didn't write it Smile But I would assume that the misspelling was intentional, lets hope anyway Rolleyes Consider

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
08-08-2014, 03:34 PM

LOL hahahahaha. And it looks like that fake cheese that's in this.....

[Image: Kraft-Mac-and-Cheese.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post