Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
08-08-2014, 05:14 PM
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(08-08-2014 04:35 PM)hbl Wrote:  We are still left with the same position something in nature can't come from nothing.

Well that's wrong. You clearly have no education in quantum mechanics. A sentence I could have ended half way through and still been accurate.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2014, 05:14 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2014 05:19 PM by hbl.)
(08-08-2014 03:49 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  And I'm DANGEROUSLY cheesy

I know.

James Tabor is overassuming.

Source: http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily...ifference/

The reason I believe in all the endings of Mark put together is because they are all referenced by early church fathers.

Bruce Metzger said about the longer ending of Mark, "Eusebius and Jerome attest that the passage was absent from almost all Greek copies of Mark known to them." Notice he says "almost all Greek" copies, but not all.

James said, "Mark is our earliest Gospel, written according to most scholars around the time of the destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans in 70 CE." That would not make sense since Luke wrote Acts and said it was the second part to his former work the gospel of Luke. The Apostles were martyred in the Neronian persecutions around 65 AD. But Luke makes no mention of Paul's death, so Acts was written before then around 50 AD. Since Luke was written before Acts, Luke was written around 40 AD. But since Luke took in part from Mark that puts Mark around 35 AD just two years after the cross.

Mark did not feel strong enough in his writings to list the various resurrection appearances (if you don't accept the long or short endings of Mark), but only mentioned the resurrection did take place. He left that to the actual eyewitnesses Matthew and John as well as to the doctor Luke who did an investigative study and had close ties with Paul. Paul and Mark incidentally had a falling out with each other because Mark was too flippant on their journeys together. But they subsequently reconciled as Mark became more disciplined.

As Mark knew Peter and Peter mentions his eyewitness testimony seeing Jesus alive from the dead, Mark knew this though he did not record it (if you subjectively don't want to accept the long or short endings).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-08-2014, 05:17 PM
(08-08-2014 04:35 PM)hbl Wrote:  We are still left with the same position something in nature can't come from nothing.

Except these. Woops. You lose again.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_particle

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
08-08-2014, 05:20 PM
(08-08-2014 05:17 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Except these. Woops. You lose again.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_particle

So you are assuming something happens from nothing just because you are not smart enough to know whence the virtual particle comes from?

Surely you jest.

By the way, when did I lost the first time? Smile
08-08-2014, 05:22 PM
Pink unicorns came out of nothing. Snarfwidgets came out of nothing. Mental masturbation comes from the same place. Evidence is a bit more universal than mouth diarrhea.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
08-08-2014, 05:28 PM

According to quantum mechanics , subatomic particles pop in and out of existence all the time. Now I won't say I completely understand quantum mechanics but I'm trying to get a better grasp of this concept. And just because you don't know how something exists or how an event happened doesn't mean you automatically insert "god did it" as an explanation.

Throughout human history people inserted "god did it" into all kinds of scenarios that they didn't understand, from how the tides went in and out, to thunder, to epileptic seizures - which people thought was satanic. We know how these things work now and why seizures happen (it wasn't satan) and we find cures for diseases because people rejected the explanation that god was driving the car and indeed, created the car.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
08-08-2014, 05:35 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2014 05:39 PM by hbl.)
(08-08-2014 05:28 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  According to quantum mechanics , subatomic particles pop in and out of existence all the time.

That's not what quantum mechanics says at all. It simply doesn't know whence some particles come from since we can't see down to such a small level.

We only observe cause and effects in nature and no reason to think otherwise in the extreme miniscule level also.

We can't even see dark matter and dark energy but we know it's there.
08-08-2014, 05:39 PM
(08-08-2014 02:19 PM)hbl Wrote:  May this help lead you to Christ. I would not wish upon my worse enemy to go to Hell. But the free choice is yours.

There is no evidence for the existence of Christ or Hell. But do carry on with your delusional drivel. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
08-08-2014, 05:40 PM
(08-08-2014 05:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  There is no evidence for the existence of Christ or Hell. But do carry on with your delusional drivel.

Why is your delusion drivel?

Because you still can't find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles in various group settings.

Jesus spoke on Hell more than anyone, and obviously since you can't be with God's elect, Hell was created for you, not unlike how we have to lock up people in prison for life so they can't harm others. So is your calling.
08-08-2014, 05:44 PM
(08-08-2014 05:40 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(08-08-2014 05:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  There is no evidence for the existence of Christ or Hell. But do carry on with your delusional drivel.

Why is your delusion drivel?

Because you still can't find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles in various group settings.

Jesus spoke on Hell more than anyone, and obviously since you can't be with God's elect, Hell was created for you, not unlike how we have to lock up people in prison for life so they can't harm others. So is your calling.

naturalistic explanation= they all had mental illness's... and trust me dispite that not being provable, that is entirely possible.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.