Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
08-08-2014, 10:39 PM
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
If you're genuine, which you're not you are obviously a charlatan just here to provoke, but if you did genuinely believe the lies you vomit forth you would be among the most credulous idiots I have ever spoken to.

"It's true cause they said it is dur hur hur" is so beyond stupid as an argument (and that IS the argument you are making) as to enter the realm of farcical. You're so stupid your stupid is no longer annoying and is in fact a source of amusement, like a mentally handicapped chimp attempting to drive an automobile by repeatedly slamming his head into the rear bumper.

If you want me to take the eye witness testimony as authoritative, honest, and accurate I can tell you exactly how to do that: Provide them for cross examination.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2014, 10:40 PM
(08-08-2014 09:51 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Seriously, do you think everything written is true?

I'd surmise that he believes what he believes because it promises him an escape from his own mortality. The prospect of not existing any more is unnerving to many people, but it's a truly pathological terror that drives someone to spam the same drivel day after day, year after year, admitting no new knowledge that might dash his hopes of living forever.

(Springy G peers over Her glasses at hbl and adopts a solicitous Sweet Norse Auntie voice) Young man, you need to get out more, meet different people, get a breath of fresh air. Why don't you take up a hobby -- Chess, hiking, racquetball? Angel
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
08-08-2014, 10:46 PM
I'm glad this thread exists.

It's been quite a while since we had such a dishonest Jesus troll start such a cathartic dogpile trollbashing session. Shitty apologist copypasta gets roundly mocked and everyone can bond a little over cheese and upside down dogs.

Good times.

... this is my signature!
[+] 6 users Like cjlr's post
08-08-2014, 11:25 PM
(08-08-2014 10:46 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I'm glad this thread exists.

It's been quite a while since we had such a dishonest Jesus troll start such a cathartic dogpile trollbashing session. Shitty apologist copypasta gets roundly mocked and everyone can bond a little over cheese and upside down dogs.

Good times.

[Image: 9780779112708.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
08-08-2014, 11:25 PM
(08-08-2014 09:26 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Guess Mohammad must not be a lie then. Suicide bombers, 9/11, airplane into buildings and all that.

Muhammad was never in the position the Apostles were to save their lives by lying so Muhammad no doubt lied.

The suicide bombers believed in what they were doing, but it doesn't mean it is true, for their faith is based on Jesus never dying on the cross, but what evidence from Muhammad do we have six centuries later to make that claim? It was a straight up lie to reject God's mercy and saving grace by what Jesus did for us on the cross. Such people are going to Hell with you.
08-08-2014, 11:27 PM
(08-08-2014 09:34 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Faith - the belief in something without evidence.

What's the word for faith in something with evidence? Call it proven faith.

Whereas atheism is blind faith.
08-08-2014, 11:30 PM
(08-08-2014 08:57 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  atheism isn't a belief it's the lack of and thus makes no positive clame.

You believe in your lack of belief otherwise you could not believe what you believe.

But making no positive claim is called agnosticism. You're getting terms mixed up.

The only word in the English claims to claim God does not exist is atheism.
08-08-2014, 11:32 PM
The beauty of being an atheist is I have nothing to prove, anymore.
If you don't "believe" in atheism, that is your choice. I won't try to recruit you like a religious person tries to recruit us atheists. Big Grin

Be true to yourself. Heart
08-08-2014, 11:35 PM
(08-08-2014 09:01 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  your uncaused cause could be anything

Not at all. Since the uncaused can't be nature, because infinite regress is impossible, you can rule that out.

The uncaused can't be Brahma of Hinduism because reincarnation doesn't effectively deal with sin with endless chances to come back as a frog; you shouldn't put the burden of your salvation on you now having a frog brain. That's goofy! Brahma is said to be amoral which is below our own conscience so that will not suffice.

The god of Islam can't be the uncreated Creator because it says Jesus never died on the cross which is a lie with no evidence to overturn all the evidence in the 1st century. I care about proven faith.

We are left with only Christianity. Jesus is God. The only religion that is personal and accessible because God enters personally into His creation. Still to this day nobody has been able to find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles.

What's unique also about Christianity is that salvation is not by works lest any man should boast. Only in Christianity does God bridge the gap in the Father's only begotten Son paying the penalty for our sins.

Praise the Lord!
08-08-2014, 11:39 PM
(08-08-2014 11:32 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  The beauty of being an atheist is I have nothing to prove, anymore.
If you don't "believe" in atheism, that is your choice. I won't try to recruit you

Atheists are not as passive as they would like you to believe. The created websites to promote their atheism and get into all kinds of debates.

I couldn't agree with you more though that atheism is blind faith. Whereas Christianity is evidentially founded.

But like all falsities in life they break down and become harmful eventually, and so it is with atheism.

One example would be you as an atheist it doesn't matter what you do in this life because the judgment is the same of ceasing to exist, so a rapist and a non-rapist get the same end. The rapist is justified just as much as the non-rapist so really it doesn't matter what you do.

Nuke a million people or feed a million people starving to death. There is no moral imperative in atheism. You're a bad people!