Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
08-08-2014, 11:40 PM
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(08-08-2014 11:30 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(08-08-2014 08:57 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  atheism isn't a belief it's the lack of and thus makes no positive clame.

You believe in your lack of belief otherwise you could not believe what you believe.

But making no positive claim is called agnosticism. You're getting terms mixed up.

The only word in the English claims to claim God does not exist is atheism.

You stupid cunt. If you'd take Jesus's dick your of your mouth for one second and use Google, you'd realize what a lying sad sack of bullshit you are.

a·the·ism
/ˈāTHēˌizəm /
noun
-Disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods

ag·nos·tic
/ agˈnästik /
noun
-A person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God.

Agnosticism
Agnosticism is the view that the truth values of certain claims—especially claims about the existence or non-existence of any deity, as well as other religious and metaphysical claims—are unknown or unknowable.

One can be Gnostic or Agnostic, theistic or atheistic; the two are not mutually exclusive... Facepalm

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2014, 11:44 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2014 11:47 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(08-08-2014 11:39 PM)hbl Wrote:  One example would be you as an atheist it doesn't matter what you do in this life because the judgment is the same of ceasing to exist, so a rapist and a non-rapist get the same end. The rapist is justified just as much as the non-rapist so really it doesn't matter what you do.

Nuke a million people or feed a million people starving to death. There is no moral imperative in atheism. You're a bad people!

You conveniently ignore your own religion's unlimited supply of 'get-out-of-jail-free' cards, based upon simple belief and nothing else. Asked to be forgiven, accept their dogma, and you get into Heaven regardless. There is one moral system that allows carte blanche forgiveness for all action, and thus no moral accountability; and it's certainly not atheism.

(ProTip: It's Christianity)

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
08-08-2014, 11:55 PM
(08-08-2014 11:39 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(08-08-2014 11:32 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  The beauty of being an atheist is I have nothing to prove, anymore.
If you don't "believe" in atheism, that is your choice. I won't try to recruit you

Atheists are not as passive as they would like you to believe. The created websites to promote their atheism and get into all kinds of debates.

I couldn't agree with you more though that atheism is blind faith. Whereas Christianity is evidentially founded.

But like all falsities in life they break down and become harmful eventually, and so it is with atheism.

One example would be you as an atheist it doesn't matter what you do in this life because the judgment is the same of ceasing to exist, so a rapist and a non-rapist get the same end. The rapist is justified just as much as the non-rapist so really it doesn't matter what you do.

Nuke a million people or feed a million people starving to death. There is no moral imperative in atheism. You're a bad people!

You are mistaken if you think Christianity has made our world a better place. Atheists don't need to fear a deity in order to do the right things in life. An atheist cares about others over worrying about whether or not he will reap the rewards of heaven or the condemnation of hell.

Christians are driven to do good largely based on pleasing their god and gaining eternal life. I was once a Christian, I know how it goes. lol

Be true to yourself. Heart
08-08-2014, 11:59 PM
There is no morality in atheism because a rapist will cease to exist and a non-rapist will cease to exist. There is no consequence. The verdict is the same. That is morally bankrupt.

But in a moral based faith like Christianity the rapist goes to Hell. Even the good people go to Hell because we are not saved by works. In God's eyes every possible good person and bad person are infinitely far away from God's greatness.

The only people that are saved are the ones humble enough to know God is infinitely greater than us and accept only He has the power to intercede for us to pay the penalty of sin to be redeemed.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-08-2014, 12:01 AM
(08-08-2014 11:55 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  You are mistaken if you think Christianity has made our world a better place.

Of course Christianity has made the world a better place for who is the most selfless person who ever lived? Jesus Christ.

In fact, if God were to remove the Holy Spirit from earth the world would destroy itself. In fact Jesus says he returns for the sake of the elect as the world is about to destroy itself.
09-08-2014, 12:05 AM
Most charities in the world are Christian. Atheist charities are virtually non-existent. Thus, atheists don't care about others just as they don't care they are going to Hell. In fact, they get off on the idea they will be eternally separated from God.

Doing God's will is most beneficial. John 17.3 says those who are born-again already have eternal life so you can't gain eternal life. That you don't understand and called yourself a Christian only shows your view of Christianity was false and you never were a Christian.

At least read the Bible properly if you are going to reject it.
09-08-2014, 12:10 AM
(09-08-2014 12:05 AM)hbl Wrote:  Most charities in the world are Christian. Atheist charities are virtually non-existent. Thus, atheists don't care about others just as they don't care they are going to Hell. In fact, they get off on the idea they will be eternally separated from God.

Doing God's will is most beneficial. John 17.3 says those who are born-again already have eternal life so you can't gain eternal life. That you don't understand and called yourself a Christian only shows your view of Christianity was false and you never were a Christian.

At least read the Bible properly if you are going to reject it.

Most atheists don't think about hell or a god. It's just a mere disbelief. I try to keep an open mind that no one knows with certainty if a god exists or not but for now, there's no proof of one. (The bible isn't proof) :-)

Don't judge for you nor I have all the answers.

Be true to yourself. Heart
(08-08-2014 11:40 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Definitions

Atheism is "the doctrine or belief that there is no God"; nothing about lack of belief (that's called agnosticism)
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/atheism?r=66

Agnosticism: "affirming the uncertainty"; in other words, lack of belief.

Agnostic: someone who believes in agnosticism.

Theist: someone who believes in atheism.

You're an idiot! Def'n: "someone who is a moron".
(08-08-2014 11:39 PM)hbl Wrote:  There is no moral imperative in atheism. You're a bad people!

Fuck me but you are stupid. That atheism "has no moral imperative" does NOT mean ATHEISTS "have no moral imperative/s" you absolute idiot. Atheism is ONLY, FUCKING ONLY, a stance on the belief claims having to do with god/s it has NOTHING, FUCKING NOTHING, to do with moral philosophy. That kind of stuff falls under the umbrella of other things. Like moral philosophy you moron. Atheism is not a world view, it's not an all encompassing philosophy, it is a stance on a SINGLE question.

For fuck sake you absolute cuntswab you are on an atheist forum at least learn what the fuck atheism means as a godsdamned word.

I am so supremely bored with you pretending to be this stupid. Why do you get a kick out of acting like you can't grasp the simplest motherfucking concepts in an attempt to annoy people? How fucking sad is your life that this is what you do ...for FUN?!

PS. Your god is made up and your stupid for believing it to ANY degree that you actually do.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
09-08-2014, 12:11 AM
(09-08-2014 12:10 AM)hbl Wrote:  Theist: someone who believes in atheism.

You're an idiot!

Fucking hell but you are bad at this.