Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
09-08-2014, 01:28 AM
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(09-08-2014 12:54 AM)hbl Wrote:  You can think of your body like the computer casing and hardware. Your soul with its functions of mind, will and emotion is like the software. And your spirit with its function of intuition, communion and conscience is like the BIOS or even deeper the 1's and 0's. When you die the body goes, but the spirit remains alive in soul sleep. When the new body is given in resurrection the soul is reactivated as the spirit makes contact with the new body.

The above is a pure lie.

"Will", emotion, intuition, and conscience are all emergent properties of the brain and this has been demonstrated to be true. Nice try though, thanks for the garbily gook word salad.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2014, 01:30 AM
(09-08-2014 12:59 AM)hbl Wrote:  I'll tell you some amazing prophecies in the Bible.

Daniel gives us a proof exactly the day Jesus would be cut off April 1, 33 AD.

Ezekiel on his side gives us exactly the month and year when Israel was to become a nation again May 1948.

The current one of interest is Rev. 6.12 which occurs right before the Tribulation starts: Haiti 2010/Japan 2011 and the long H3 Solar eclipse Nov. 3, 2013 and the 2014/15 Tetrad. Amazing.

Nope, nope, and nope. Nice try though, you should consider actually knowing something about the bible.
09-08-2014, 01:34 AM
Can we seriously get a mod in here, this is not free speech he is clearly trolling the forum. When he is editing the things he is responding to to say the exact opposite of what they say that's trollin' in my book.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
09-08-2014, 03:00 AM
Attention. We need a mod in aisle 3, we have a godspill. Clean up in aisle 3, please.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
09-08-2014, 04:13 AM
Re: RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(09-08-2014 01:06 AM)hbl Wrote:  
(09-08-2014 01:04 AM)Astreja Wrote:  refusing to permit Pharaoh's later desire

Pharaoh always had his free will, he could have always repented even as God was hardening his heart.

Misreading the Bible does not form a valid argument.
I have a question for you, which is also topical with the current Iraq situation. We learn that the minority 4000 year old religion of the Yazidi, who worship the god Shaytan are under threat from ISIS rebels. Tell me hbl, if you were (un)fortunate enough to have been born into a Yazidi family, would you have rejected their god and embraced your christian god?

Using Tapatalk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes TubbyTubby's post
09-08-2014, 04:17 AM
(09-08-2014 04:13 AM)TubbyTubby Wrote:  
(09-08-2014 01:06 AM)hbl Wrote:  Pharaoh always had his free will, he could have always repented even as God was hardening his heart.

Misreading the Bible does not form a valid argument.
I have a question for you, which is also topical with the current Iraq situation. We learn that the minority 4000 year old religion of the Yazidi, who worship the god Shaytan are under threat from ISIS rebels. Tell me hbl, if you were (un)fortunate enough to have been born into a Yazidi family, would you have rejected their god and embraced your christian god?

Short answer: Yes.

hbl has show repeatedly that he is entirely incapable of introspection or logic.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
09-08-2014, 06:15 AM
(09-08-2014 12:15 AM)hbl Wrote:  Another interesting aspect to the delusion of atheism is that in naturalism rapists are just part of the natural order of things. Perhaps they will prevail, perhaps not. Either way rapists are an integral part of atheism and naturalism. In some cultures rape is admired and glorified.

Whereas in Christianity it is always wrong and never defensible, because it is a sin.

The vast majority or incarcerated felons, including rapists, are Christian...so there's that. Consider

You are far more likely to be a rapist than any one else here on this forum.

The United States has the highest documented incarceration rate in the world.[4][5] The U.S. incarceration rate on December 31, 2008 was 754 inmates per 100,000 U.S. residents.[6] The USA also has the highest total documented prison and jail population in the world.[4][7][8]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarcerati...

The majority of Americans identify themselves as Christians (76%), while non-Christian religions (including Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, and others) collectively make up about 4% of the adult population.[3] Another 15% of the adult population identified as having no religious affiliation.[4] According to the American Religious Identification Survey, religious belief varies considerably across the country: 59% of Americans living in Western states (the "Unchurched Belt") report a belief in God, yet in the South (the "Bible Belt") the figure is as high as 86%.[5][6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in...

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
09-08-2014, 06:39 AM
(08-08-2014 06:47 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(08-08-2014 06:43 PM)TheBear Wrote:  A mere 80 years is nothing,

The thing is you will forever reject what Jesus did for you so for eternity you separate yourself from your Creator.

Likewise that person in jail even if he lived for 10 million years, he would still have to stay in jail because he will never repent and continue to do as he has always done harming others.

That's why you have to go to Hell.

You're a jackass and a liar.

Next time you quote me, don't parse a tiny, out of context quote mine of what I said. Quote the entirety of what I said, fucktard.

"That sentence is worse than getting the death penalty for spitting on the sidewalk! Shocking

A mere 80 years is nothing, not even a blip on the radar, when compared with eternity. Why doesn't your god grow up and learn to control his temper-tantrums? Why does he always act like a toddler?"
09-08-2014, 06:41 AM
(09-08-2014 12:10 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(08-08-2014 11:39 PM)hbl Wrote:  There is no moral imperative in atheism. You're a bad people!

Fuck me but you are stupid. That atheism "has no moral imperative" does NOT mean ATHEISTS "have no moral imperative/s" you absolute idiot. Atheism is ONLY, FUCKING ONLY, a stance on the belief claims having to do with god/s it has NOTHING, FUCKING NOTHING, to do with moral philosophy. That kind of stuff falls under the umbrella of other things. Like moral philosophy you moron. Atheism is not a world view, it's not an all encompassing philosophy, it is a stance on a SINGLE question.

For fuck sake you absolute cuntswab you are on an atheist forum at least learn what the fuck atheism means as a godsdamned word.

I am so supremely bored with you pretending to be this stupid. Why do you get a kick out of acting like you can't grasp the simplest motherfucking concepts in an attempt to annoy people? How fucking sad is your life that this is what you do ...for FUN?!

PS. Your god is made up and your stupid for believing it to ANY degree that you actually do.

I'll give you an "A" for effort Whiskey, but it won't do any good. I used to have a friend just like him, I realized people like him use their Christianity as a mask to be prejudiced bigots towards people that don't believe like them.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
09-08-2014, 07:59 AM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2014 08:36 AM by cjlr.)
(09-08-2014 12:56 AM)hbl Wrote:  Abraham was 18 in 3986 BC and 2015 is the 120th Jubilee from 3986 BC. Christ is about to return with the sign of the Son of Man asteroid Apophis April 13, 2029 so Jesus returns sometime later that year.

Oh, boy. I can't wait!

I mean, I already got to see the world end in 1997, 2000, 2001, 2011, and 2012.

Why do I strongly suspect that as soon as April 14 2029 rolls around, the shit-eating True Believers like you will be carrying on with a new date as if you'd never claimed anything different?

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post