Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
09-08-2014, 05:20 PM
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(09-08-2014 05:00 PM)hbl Wrote:  I love it when someone says they can disprove the proof for God but never make an attempt to do so.

I posit venus is hollow and full of little blue men who created MAN by sprinkling fairy dust in the Great Sky Cauldron. Prove otherwise, can't? That is because it is true.

Goldilocks 3:14, Thou shalt not sleep in other people's beds...

By the way, who wrote genesis? If you say Moses, WRONG!

Genesis authorship;

For much of the 20th century most scholars agreed that the five books of the Pentateuch—Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy—came from four sources, the Yahwist, the Elohist, the Deuteronomist and the Priestly source, each telling the same basic story, and joined together by various editors. Since the 1970s there has been a revolution in scholarship: the Elohist source is now widely regarded as no more than a variation on the Yahwist, while the Priestly source is increasingly seen not as a document but as a body of revisions and expansions to the Yahwist (or "non-Priestly") material. (The Deuteronomistic source does not appear in Genesis).

In composing the Patriarchal history the Yahwist drew on four separate blocks of traditional stories about Abraham, Jacob, Judah and Joseph, combining them with genealogies, itineraries and the "promise" theme to create a unified whole. Similarly, when composing the "primeval history" he drew on Greek and Mesopotamian sources, editing and adding to them to create a unified work that fit his theological agenda. The Yahwistic work was then revised and expanded into the final edition by the authors of the Priestly source.

Examples of repeated and duplicate stories are used to identify the separate sources. In Genesis these include three different accounts of a Patriarch claiming that his wife was his sister, the two creation stories, and the two versions of Abraham sending Hagar and Ishmael into the desert.

This leaves the question of when these works were created. Scholars in the first half of the 20th century came to the conclusion that the Yahwist was produced in the monarchic period, specifically at the court of Solomon, and the Priestly work in the middle of the 5th century BC (the author was even identified as Ezra), but more recent thinking is that the Yahwist was written either just before or during the Babylonian exile of the 6th century, and the Priestly final edition was made late in the Exilic period or soon after.

As for why the book was created, a theory which has gained considerable interest, although still controversial is "Persian imperial authorisation". This proposes that the Persians, after their conquest of Babylon in 538 BC, agreed to grant Jerusalem a large measure of local autonomy within the empire, but required the local authorities to produce a single law code accepted by the entire community. The two powerful groups making up the community—the priestly families who controlled the Temple and who traced their origin to Moses and the wilderness wanderings, and the major landowning families who made up the "elders" and who traced their own origins to Abraham, who had "given" them the land—were in conflict over many issues, and each had its own "history of origins", but the Persian promise of greatly increased local autonomy for all provided a powerful incentive to cooperate in producing a single text.

Comparative mythology provides historical and cross-cultural perspectives for Jewish mythology. Both sources behind the Genesis creation narrative borrowed themes from Mesopotamian mythology, but adapted them to their belief in one God, establishing a monotheistic creation in opposition to the polytheistic creation myth of ancient Israel's neighbors.

Genesis 1–11 as a whole is imbued with Mesopotamian myths. Genesis 1 bears both striking differences from and striking similarities to Babylon's national creation myth, the Enuma Elish and to the Baal Cycle of Israel's neighbor, Ugarit. On the side of similarities, both begin from a stage of chaotic waters before anything is created, in both a fixed dome-shaped "firmament" divides these waters from the habitable Earth, and both conclude with the creation of a human called "man" and the building of a temple for the god (in Genesis 1, this temple is the entire cosmos). On the side of contrasts, Genesis 1 is uncompromisingly monotheistic, it makes no attempt to account for the origins of God, and there is no trace of the resistance to the reduction of chaos to order (Gk. theomachy, lit. "God-fighting"), all of which mark the Mesopotamian creation accounts.

The Enuma Elish has also left traces on Genesis 2. Both begin with a series of statements of what did not exist at the moment when creation began; the Enuma Elish has a spring (in the sea) as the point where creation begins, paralleling the spring (on the land – Genesis 2 is notable for being a "dry" creation story) in Genesis 2:6 that "watered the whole face of the ground"; in both myths, Yahweh/the gods first create a man to serve him/them, then animals and vegetation. At the same time, and as with Genesis 1, the Jewish version has drastically changed its Babylonian model: Eve, for example, seems to fill the role of a mother goddess when, in Genesis 4:1, she says that she has "created a man with Yahweh", but she is not a divine being like her Babylonian counterpart.

Genesis 2 has close parallels with a second Mesopotamian myth, the Atra-Hasis epic – parallels that in fact extend throughout Genesis 2–11, from the Creation to the Flood and its aftermath. The two share numerous plot-details (e.g. the divine garden and the role of the first man in the garden, the creation of the man from a mixture of earth and divine substance, the chance of immortality, etc.), and have a similar overall theme: the gradual clarification of man's relationship with God(s) and animals.

Notice the copious usage of the word MYTH. Knowledge is power as they say…

Moses:

Never existed. Period.

The existence of Moses as well as the veracity of the Exodus story are disputed among archaeologists and Egyptologists, with experts in the field of biblical criticism citing logical inconsistencies, new archaeological evidence, historical evidence, and related origin myths in Canaanite culture.

Most archaeologists who are not conservative Jews or Christians, believe that Adam, Eve, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Ishmael, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, Joshua, and other leaders mentioned in the Bible prior to King David were probably the product of myth; they did not exist as actual people. (religious tolerance 2014)

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_arhs.htm

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_arhs.htm

http://www.biblicalnonsense.com/chapter12.html

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
09-08-2014, 05:25 PM
(09-08-2014 05:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Still waiting for you to PROVE

What EXACTLY do you have planned
The Bible gives the proof and so you would need to find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles which you thus far have failed to do.

The call for Christians is to 'overcometh' because only those Christians who are watchful, prayerful, keep the word of His patience and the conduct of Matt. 5-7 will be received up to the throne in 3rd heaven at the start of the Tribulation.

A Christian who is not ready to be received at that time will pass through the Tribulation, the time of testing, to be raptured at the last trumpet instead. This is consequence for Christians.

Though Christians can't lose eternal life, we certainly can lose the reward of the first rapture and reward to return and reign over the nations for 1000 years.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-08-2014, 05:26 PM
(09-08-2014 05:16 PM)hbl Wrote:  I think that gives strength to God the Son.

I can speak for Him. He's granted me power of attorney.

You wouldn't recognize The Word if it farted in your face. You are a buffoon libeling The Word and if you don't cease and desist We will pursue further action.

#sigh
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-08-2014, 05:26 PM
(09-08-2014 05:20 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Genesis

Gen. 1.1 depicts an uncreated Creator creating the universe perfectly.

Indeed, since nature can't start up from nothing, nor always have existed, what is required is the uncreated Creator.
09-08-2014, 05:27 PM
You guys obviously haven't met the REAL Jesus.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
09-08-2014, 05:28 PM
You can use a simple logical argument such as this.

Since atheism is false then which God is true? Of the 3 major religions, since the god of Islam and Hinduism are false, Christianity must be true.
09-08-2014, 05:34 PM
(09-08-2014 05:26 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(09-08-2014 05:20 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Genesis

Gen. 1.1 depicts an uncreated Creator creating the universe perfectly.

Indeed, since nature can't start up from nothing, nor always have existed, what is required is the uncreated Creator.

You are really daft aren't you? The Genesis account was a fabrication as proven above.

Let me say it again slower....

Adam, Eve, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Ishmael, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, Joshua, and other leaders mentioned in the Bible prior to King David were probably the product of myth; they did not exist as actual people.

So, to do it your way, AGAIN, I posit venus is hollow and full of little blue men who created MAN by sprinkling fairy dust in the Great Sky Cauldron. Provide a naturalistic reason why this is not true... Rolleyes

I recommend you attend some theology courses, you may be shocked by what you learn, yup, it is all a fabrication....like your god.

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
09-08-2014, 05:37 PM
(09-08-2014 04:51 PM)hbl Wrote:  1) something can't come from nothing and infinite regress of nature is impossible
Demonstrate that something can not come from nothing. Don't fucking word salad it, don't try and give fucking "explanations" fucking DEMONSTRATE IT. Show how your claim is provable, falsifiable, show the mechanism or the mathematics that allow you to know what absolutely every single thing in the universe, how it works, why it works, what it can and can not do at all points and all times in all situations for you to be able to say that it can not happen.
Demonstrate it bitch.

(09-08-2014 04:51 PM)hbl Wrote:  2) can't find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles in various group settings.
If I worked as a prosecutor and my entire legal case was built upon the, notoriously unreliable, 2nd 3rd or 4th hand eye witness testimony of witnesses I can not name, provide no conclusive dates for, lack any kind of transcript of their individual testimony, can provide no corroborating physical evidence for their existence, and am unable to present them for cross examination that would be a case I lose, just like you do. This is NOT compelling evidence.

Secondly a genuine eye witness account and a falsified eye witness account are indistinguishable by any person no present for the event unless that person gathers corroborating evidence which the bible and believers fail to do, yourself included. That is not even including the fact that the claims by the eyewitnesses are extraordinary and fantastical and thus require extraordinary evidence and " this book fucking says so" is not even ordinary evidence, let alone extraordinary.

"I ate a sandwich" and "I ate a sandwich made of fairies and dragon meat" are not equal claims requiring an equal amount of proof you idiot. EVERY naturalistic explanation is more valid and more likely to be true then yours. Every. Single. One.

(09-08-2014 04:51 PM)hbl Wrote:  God keeps the simple and daft.
Amen, you fuck.
09-08-2014, 05:40 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2014 05:47 PM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(09-08-2014 05:16 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(09-08-2014 05:15 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Kunoxian and others have pulled apart your claim

And yet all you would need to do to show that is reproduce it here and now, but you fail to do so. I think that gives strength to God the Son.

I told you exactly how to find it it's in your own thread you fuckwit, don't be lazy as well as a lying asshole. I don't know why you think you are getting into heaven, if you're the type of person that place is stocked with I'm extra glad it's made up.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
09-08-2014, 05:40 PM
[Image: 120qruu.jpg]