Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
09-08-2014, 05:41 PM
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(09-08-2014 05:37 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(09-08-2014 04:51 PM)hbl Wrote:  God keeps the simple and daft.
Amen, you fuck.

Laugh out load I seriously laughed out loud at that.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2014, 05:42 PM
(09-08-2014 05:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I can speak for Him. He's granted me power of attorney.

You wouldn't recognize The Word if it farted in your face. You are a buffoon libeling The Word and if you don't cease and desist We will pursue further action.

I want to assert the moral rights to not have My eponymous festival, Easter, associated with human sacrifice. Is there a class action suit I can join?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
(09-08-2014 05:37 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Demonstrate that something can not come from nothing.

As was already said, that which doesn't exist can't cause anything because it doesn't exist. For example, the reason why a billion pound gorilla can't stomp NYC is because it doesn't exist.

We have an overwhelming preponderance of evidence beyond a reasonable doubt nature always needs a cause by observing trillions of cause and effects, and no hard evidence of something from nothing.

Sure you blindly believe what you believe, delusionally, but the evidence is overwhelming against you.
(09-08-2014 05:28 PM)hbl Wrote:  You can use a simple logical argument such as this.

Since atheism is false then which God is true? Of the 3 major religions, since the god of Islam and Hinduism are false, Christianity must be true.

Oh my dear fuck. Why are we still engaging with some idiot who has less comprehension of logic and reason than an 8 yo?

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-08-2014, 05:43 PM
To harbor such delusions such as something from nothing is delusional. And like all falsities eventually they break down and are harmful to you. So you could say you are a masochist.
09-08-2014, 05:43 PM
(09-08-2014 05:25 PM)hbl Wrote:  The Bible gives the proof blah blah blah I'm a fucking idiot blah blah blah

The bible is the claim, the claim can't be it's own proof you dumbass. Is the back of a Fruit-loops box the extent of your reading?
09-08-2014, 05:45 PM
(09-08-2014 05:43 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  The bible is the claim

The Bible is both the claim and the proof. To overturn the proof you would need to find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles in various group settings.

So far you have failed.
09-08-2014, 05:45 PM
Let me explain to you WHY you "believe" in a "god" that does NOT exist. People have a tendency to avoid change whenever possible (the "if it was good enough for my daddy and good enough for his daddy, then it's good enough for me" syndrome). Thus, religions tend to get passed down from generation to generation as a matter of course, without ANYONE bothering to question why (in most cases). In addition, whenever the majority of a society believes a certain thing, whether true or not, It becomes part of the cultural fabric which everyone is expected to embrace. Thus, there are several powerful factors involved in perpetuating cultural icons (whether they are worthy of being perpetuated or not).

In addition, the "sales pitch" from religions hits the right buttons for most people (after all, religions have had a LOT of practice at this for a very long time). Using the old carrot & stick technique, religions promise that in the (non-existent) afterlife, EVERYTHING will be rainbows and puppies (or whatever). The streets will be paved with gold (as if you actually need money after you're dead) and it will be an endless party. Sounds really nice (even if it IS just a snow job). Then comes the stick of "hell" wherein if you don't toe the line, you will suffer excruciating pain forever (as if you can actually feel ANYTHING after you're dead). So, the offer a reward and threaten a punishment is sufficient to keep most people in line, especially those with little education and/or mediocre intelligence levels.

Therefore, most people buy in to the hype and go with the flow, whether they are totally convinced or not. However, even those with little conviction actually compound the problem by increasing the "acceptability" factor. With all of that as a background, you are setting the stage for the "true believer", which is a very special class of person (and NOT in a good way). The "true believer" is looking for a cause that he (or she) can support wholeheartedly, even if it isn't true. To the "true believer", truth is the least of the worries. What is important to the "true believer" is the APPEARANCE of truth. The only thing that matters is the protection of the cause and the "true believer" will do anything necessary to do so. Once the "truth" (as far as the cause is concerned) is determined, the "true believer" will argue for that "truth" even when presented with overwhelming evidence that the "truth" he (or she) believes in is proven false.

In the face of overwhelming odds against what the "true believer" believes is real actually being true, the "true believer" will develop a system that allows them to continue believing the cause is true. This tactic is known as "apologetics", which consists of taking the real truth and twisting it all around in order to "fit" into the "cause", no matter HOW convoluted the twisting might get. The branch of "apologetics" has been around nearly as long as the church (since even way back then, it was obvious that things just didn't add up). The "new" apologetics" goes under the name of "creationism", but the goal remains the same, to protect the "cause" regardless of WHAT may be necessary in order to accomplish that goal.

Take a look in the mirror, because YOU are a "true believer" AND an "apologist" for a cause that is NOT even real. You must be a hard core supporter of your chosen fantasy since you have completely ignored ALL of the evidence presented to you to show you that your "beliefs" are NOT real. And yet, each time, you run and hide your head in the sand whenever any new evidence comes along to further disprove your "cause". After all, the LAST thing the "true believer" wants is for his "story" to come unraveled by the actual truth.

Asking “If there is no god, what is the purpose of life?” is like asking, “If there is no master, whose slave will I be?” Facepalm

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
09-08-2014, 05:46 PM
(09-08-2014 05:45 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(09-08-2014 05:43 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  The bible is the claim

The Bible is both the claim and the proof. To overturn the proof you would need to find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles in various group settings.

So far you have failed.

Apostles didn't write the majority of their musings, thus all of the lie is suspect. End of story. Wake up dorothy.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
09-08-2014, 05:48 PM
(09-08-2014 05:45 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Let me explain to you WHY you "believe" in a "god" that does NOT exist.

I believe in a God that does exist. In fact, He is the only uncreated Creator.

Since nature can't always have existed nor start up from nothing, there needs be the uncreated Creator.

Since Hinduism and Islam are false the God of Christianity is true.

The reason you don't give your life to Christ is because you prefer being selfish and your sin nature to be eternally separated from your Creator.

Free will is not truly free if you don't have this free choice.