Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
09-08-2014, 05:54 PM
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(09-08-2014 05:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-08-2014 05:42 PM)Astreja Wrote:  I want to assert the moral rights to not have My eponymous festival, Easter, associated with human sacrifice. Is there a class action suit I can join?

I like it. Let's do this. Jesus v. Christians Might cost a few bucks to file but I'm thinking class action goes viral. Big Grin

It would be pretty priceless. Did you know he's doing crossfit now these days?

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
09-08-2014, 05:55 PM
The Bible is not one book in one place. It is a composite of 40 authors' writings over many places across 1500 years.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(09-08-2014 05:48 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(09-08-2014 05:45 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Let me explain to you WHY you "believe" in a "god" that does NOT exist.

I believe in a God that does exist. In fact, He is the only uncreated Creator.

Since nature can't always have existed nor start up from nothing, there needs be the uncreated Creator.

Since Hinduism and Islam are false the God of Christianity is true.

The reason you don't give your life to Christ is because you prefer being selfish and your sin nature to be eternally separated from your Creator.

Free will is not truly free if you don't have this free choice.

1) you Hope your belief in a god existing is true because you lack any evidence, and the more you shout you believe, the more i suspect you harbor inner doubt. By the way, "he" is one of many IAW the bible...

(kjv) Psalms 82.1 God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

2) Your faith claim that nature can't have come from nothing is your feeble mind pretending to know more than you know. You have no idea what existed before the big bang, or what other universes dimensions exist, or don't exist, to say you do is a false knowledge claim, something creationists are guilty of doing constantly.

3) Hinduism and Islam is fake huh? Over 35,000 forms of religion in this world, all think their belief is the truth, the will and the way.....who is wrong? I posit All.

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do, When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours" - Stephen Roberts.

4) I prefer to live in the real world, you can live in your play pretend transcendental one.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
(09-08-2014 05:52 PM)hbl Wrote:  The opening post is the demonstration. You can choose to shut your mind down to that proof but I wouldn't advise it.

Arguments are not demonstrations. That's why they are spelled differently and mean different things Durpina.Hobo
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
You can call that very strong multiple corroboration in perfect agreement.
09-08-2014, 05:56 PM
(09-08-2014 05:55 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Arguments are not demonstrations.

Both the argument and the demonstration of that argument are in the opening post. Choose to avoid it at your peril.
09-08-2014, 05:56 PM
(09-08-2014 05:54 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(09-08-2014 05:52 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  in the real world a claim is not also it's own proof

Sure it is. That's what words are for.

You clearly have no idea how anything in the world operates.
09-08-2014, 05:57 PM
So the proof remains nobody has been able to find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles. Truly I love that. It makes my faith stronger and does damage to your blind faith.
09-08-2014, 05:58 PM
(09-08-2014 05:56 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(09-08-2014 05:55 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Arguments are not demonstrations.

Both the argument and the demonstration of that argument are in the opening post.

Arguments are not demonstrations. Your opining post only contains claims no demonstrations of said claims. "The book with the claim says so" is not a demonstration of the same books claims as factual.

You're an extremely stupid person.
09-08-2014, 05:59 PM
(09-08-2014 05:52 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  in the real world a claim is not also it's own proof
(09-08-2014 05:54 PM)hbl Wrote:  Sure it is. That's what words are for.
Fascinating. I happen to have a manuscript entitled Astrejurb├│k, a first edition written by My own hand. In this manuscript I clearly state that I am a god.

Therefore, hbl, by your own logic I am a god. Worship Me.
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post