Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
09-08-2014, 06:59 PM
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
There are no cases in human record of people willingly dying for WHAT THEY KNEW was a lie.

There are no cases in human record of GROUP HALLUCINATIONS.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2014, 07:00 PM
9/11/2001 nuff said

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
09-08-2014, 07:02 PM
If this was a video game, this would be the final boss throwing everything he has at you before you beat the game.

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
[+] 1 user Likes DemonicLemon's post
09-08-2014, 07:03 PM
(09-08-2014 06:49 PM)hbl Wrote:  In apologetics we provide argument and evidence for the truth of historic

It's not "we". You're the shittiest "apologist" we've ever seen. YOU should be apologized for.

(09-08-2014 06:49 PM)hbl Wrote:  For example, consider Jesus’ resurrection. We know that Jesus’ disciples walked with Jesus, talked with Jesus, and ate with Jesus—they knew who Jesus was.

No. You "know" nothing of the sort. You CLAIM those things are true, and you have no evidence they are. Only the "testimony of believers". That is not evidence. There are Christian scholars who do not accept those claims as literally true, but metaphorical. Even believers do not agree what the texts mean. You assertions are supported by nothing but Presuppositionalist assumptions and CLAIMS. Not known facts.

My question is if Allah is not the one true god, why did the 911 bombers willingly give their lives for him ? The question is every bit as legitimate your your bullshit.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
09-08-2014, 07:03 PM
That's funny I was quoting the leading scholars today.
09-08-2014, 07:05 PM
(09-08-2014 06:59 PM)hbl Wrote:  There are no cases in human record of people willingly dying for WHAT THEY KNEW was a lie.

While a true statement on a technical/reading level...

It is not a true statement as people HAVE and CONTINUE to willing due for what is known as lies.

Or have you converted to being a Moslem and think (As posted previously) that those who commandeered planes and killed themselves by flying into buildings/the ground were right in their beliefs?

(09-08-2014 06:59 PM)hbl Wrote:  There are no cases in human record of GROUP HALLUCINATIONS.

Again.. a wrong statement as has BEEN SHOWN to you previously in this thread.

Also.. the whole Jesus is/is NOT God thing? Some more enlightenment on how your head gets around that issue.

Much cheers to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
09-08-2014, 07:06 PM
(09-08-2014 06:25 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(09-08-2014 06:24 PM)hbl Wrote:  Almost all scholars who do peer review journal work on the resurrection admit Paul genuinely and sincerely wrote 1 Cor. 15, Gal. 1 & 2.

Therefore it is incumbent upon a person to glean certain facts from these 3 chapters.

Logi,

For citation check out Gary R. Habermas who has documented all the scholars peer reviewed on the resurrection the past half century who almost all agree the Apostles truly believed they saw Jesus alive from the dead in various group settings.

Habermas is not a Biblical scholar. His degree is in History. His poll of scholars is decades old, and he reveals nothing about how he chose whom to include. You and he are charlatans, and liars.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
09-08-2014, 07:23 PM
(09-08-2014 06:59 PM)hbl Wrote:  There are no cases in human record of GROUP HALLUCINATIONS.

That is itself a lie. Fatima. Thousands of French people said they saw the sun dance.
The Salem Witch Trials. Hundreds were convinced the women really were witches. Actually there is better evidence that the withes really were witches, than there is for the resurrection of Jesus.

Paul lied a lot about Jesus.

09-08-2014, 07:32 PM
(09-08-2014 07:03 PM)hbl Wrote:  That's funny I was quoting the leading scholars today.

Which you never name as you don't even know who they are.
Habermas is not among them.

09-08-2014, 07:50 PM
(09-08-2014 07:23 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Fatima.

This is not a group hallucination because it doesn't meet the criteria of up close and personal.

For example, Jesus was off in the distance and they couldn't quite make him out to recognize who he was, but when they came up close they knew it was Jesus.