Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
09-08-2014, 08:51 PM
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(09-08-2014 06:49 PM)hbl Wrote:  In apologetics we provide argument and evidence for the truth of historic Christianity.
No you don't. If you had any meaningful evidence to present you wouldn't need apologetics and all it's nonsensical word games. You would have evidence. But you don't so the best you got is to lie and lie some more.

(09-08-2014 06:49 PM)hbl Wrote:  So here’s my question: if Jesus wasn’t raised from the dead, then why would the first disciples willingly die for what they knew was a lie?
Why would a group of people who have been taught that martyrdom is a good way to get into heaven allow themselves to be martyred? That's so fucking weird!

Idiot.

First off the first disciples of Jesus as presented in the bible more than likely did not exist so I could careless. Secondly Jonestown, Solar Temple, heaven's Gate you fucking ignoramus. Lots of people are willing to die for lots of reasons and made up shit they believe to be not made up is a popular one. Don't make it not made up cause they are willing, and those people were better educated then anyone one of the disciples would have been. They are not special and neither are you.

Though you will totally fail to grasp everything I just said or you will deliberately lie or misquote it cause you are a dishonest fool. Satan is the Prince of lies is he not...? Huh you got more in common with him the Jesus. Funny that.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
09-08-2014, 08:56 PM
(09-08-2014 06:59 PM)hbl Wrote:  There are no cases in human record of people willingly dying for WHAT THEY KNEW was a lie.

The disciples very well may have believed it that does not make it true. Once again Jonestown, Solar Temple, Heaven's Gate you dumb fuck. I'm sorry I'm not like you and find the idea of a bunch of uneducated, illiterate, goat herding savages being tricked unthinkable.
I'm not an idiot though so I've got that advantage on you.
09-08-2014, 08:58 PM
(09-08-2014 06:55 PM)hbl Wrote:  With the early martyrdom of James the Greater and Stephen, and Jesus telling the disciples they would be put to death for their eyewitness testimony of having seen Him resurrected, precedence was clearly set in their own hearts, they knew full well what was going to happen to them if they continued to preach the gospel of salvation through Jesus Christ being God and died on the cross for the sins of the world, was resurrected the third day, seen the fortieth day ascending to the clouds and gave the Holy Spirit to indwell believers at Pentecost.

Legends theory does not account for the martyrdom of the Apostles in their defense of the resurrection of Jesus. People don't willingly allow themselves to be put to death unless they really believed it, so those original twelve Apostles who spent over three years with Jesus would not set up churches based on the resurrection of Jesus if Jesus did not really rise from the dead. There were no early churches we know of that were not based on the resurrection of Jesus.
Blah blah blah bunch of made up horseshit. Fellate a shotgun you waste of star stuff.
09-08-2014, 08:59 PM
(09-08-2014 06:57 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(09-08-2014 06:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  Hearsay.
The Apostles are hearsay. There were no Apostles that said anything.

Amen.
09-08-2014, 09:00 PM
"This ancient document, the Scripture, has come from the proper repository, that is, it is has been in the hands of the persons of the Church for 2000 years almost and it bears on its face no evident marks of forgery, and therefore the law presumes it to be genuine, and those who would presume otherwise upon them devolves the responsibility of proving it to be false. We don't have to prove it to be true. They have to prove it to be false. That's what the law says."

Therefore, you are going to Hell.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-08-2014, 09:01 PM
(09-08-2014 07:03 PM)hbl Wrote:  That's funny I was quoting the leading scholars today.

No you were not cause you don't even know how a Primary source works.
09-08-2014, 09:02 PM
(09-08-2014 08:49 PM)hbl Wrote:  We don't have to prove it to be true. They have to prove it to be false. That's what the law says

What law was that? I don't have to prove anything to be true, I'm not making any claims. I see that the bible makes a claim, I don't see good enough evidence for that claim therefore I don't accept it as truth. I ain't gotta prove anything, I haven't made any claims.

You have failed to substantiate anything you have claimed thus far, in fact you have been shown to be deceitful and intellectually dishonest.

On a lighter note, I'm fairly confident that you're just here to bust our balls as a joke because you can't be that friggin' dense if you really honor what truth is. Well played sir, well played.

This little bit has run it's course, however. You should totally sign up a sock puppet account and come from a different angle, I'd even ask the mods to let you, just so we can continue the fun. Whaddyasay? Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
09-08-2014, 09:02 PM
"This ancient document, the Scripture, has come from the proper repository, that is, it is has been in the hands of the persons of the Church for 2000 years almost and it bears on its face no evident marks of forgery, and therefore the law presumes it to be genuine, and those who would presume otherwise upon them devolves the responsibility of proving it to be false. We don't have to prove it to be true. They have to prove it to be false. That's what the law says."

Since you fail to do so, you are going to Hell.
09-08-2014, 09:04 PM
(09-08-2014 07:50 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(09-08-2014 07:23 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Fatima.
This is not a group hallucination because it doesn't meet the criteria of up close and personal.

Up close and personal is not criteria for mass hallucination you lying Satan worshiper.
09-08-2014, 09:05 PM

Since you fail to do so, you are going to Hell.