Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
10-08-2014, 05:44 PM
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(10-08-2014 05:07 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  You have still failed to find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony in various group settings that Astreja is God.

Nobody knows about this alleged god you speak of or any sources for so how is that accessible? Your god is deficient in this regard so God of the Bible supersedes and trumps your god every time.

The NT is fully extensive in recording the Apostles' eyewitness testimony in various group settings. Jesus is the most documented person in antiquity more than any 10 figures combined.

Love how God provides the best evidence. Those in Christ win again!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2014, 06:02 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2014 06:12 PM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(10-08-2014 05:44 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(10-08-2014 05:07 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  You have still failed to find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony in various group settings that Astreja is God.

Nobody knows about this alleged god you speak of or any sources for so how is that accessible?

You can talk to him person to person on this very forum, which makes him MORE accessible 'cause everyone with an internet connection can talk to him.

Astrejaism is more accessible then Christ! Halleluiah! Amen.

You have still failed to find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony in various group settings that Astreja is God you little bitch.
Find all posts by this user
10-08-2014, 06:24 PM

Nobody knows about this alleged god you speak of or any sources for so how is that accessible? Your god is deficient in this regard so God of the Bible supersedes and trumps your god every time.

The NT is fully extensive in recording the Apostles' eyewitness testimony in various group settings. Jesus is the most documented person in antiquity more than any 10 figures combined.

Except there is no eyewitness testimony from the Apostles. This has has been the conclusion from the majority of Biblical scholars for quite some time.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
10-08-2014, 07:22 PM
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
I'm pretty sure Astreja has a Facebook page...with photos. Does your god have that?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
10-08-2014, 07:24 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2014 07:46 PM by hbl.)
(10-08-2014 06:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  Except there is no eyewitness testimony from the Apostles. This has has been the conclusion from the majority of Biblical scholars for quite some time.

The Resurrection of Christ 1 Corinthians 15

1 Let me now remind you, dear brothers and sisters, [fn] of the Good News I preached to you before. You welcomed it then, and you still stand firm in it. 2 It is this Good News that saves you if you continue to believe the message I told you—unless, of course, you believed something that was never true in the first place. [fn]

3 I passed on to you what was most important and what had also been passed on to me. Christ died for our sins, just as the Scriptures said. 4 He was buried, and he was raised from the dead on the third day, just as the Scriptures said. 5 He was seen by Peter [fn] and then by the Twelve. 6 After that, he was seen by more than 500 of his followers [fn] at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have died.

None of the original Apostles alive at the time contested this what Paul was preaching. It was their message also by their eyewitness testimony in various group settings.

7 Then he was seen by James and later by all the apostles. 8 Last of all, as though I had been born at the wrong time, I also saw him. 9 For I am the least of all the apostles. In fact, I’m not even worthy to be called an apostle after the way I persecuted God’s church.

11 So it makes no difference whether I preach or they preach, for we all preach the same message you have already believed.

The message Paul received was the same as the Apostles and he received it from them as well. It originated from Peter, John and James as well as the rest of the 12 Apostles and the other Apostles.

"Then three years later I went to Jerusalem to get to know Peter, [fn] and I stayed with him for fifteen days" (Gal. 1.18). "The only other apostle I met at that time was James, the Lord’s brother" (v.19).

"In fact, James, Peter, [fn] and John, who were known as pillars of the church, recognized the gift God had given me, and they accepted Barnabas and me as their co-workers. They encouraged us to keep preaching to the Gentiles, while they continued their work with the Jews" (Gal. 2.9).

There is nothing better than eyewitness testimony. The various group setting eyewitness accounts are given here,
http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/12groups.htm

Altogether we have 45 sources for Jesus within 150 years of His death, 17 of which are from his detractors from non-Christian sources.

"Every document apparently ancient coming from the proper repository or custody and bearing on its face no evident marks of forgery, the law presumes to be genuine and devolves on the opposing party the burden of proving it to be otherwise.

"This ancient document, the Scripture, has come from the proper repository, that is, it is has been in the hands of the persons of the Church for 2000 years almost and it bears on its face no evident marks of forgery, and therefore the law presumes it to be genuine, and those who would presume otherwise upon them devolves the responsibility of proving it to be false. We don't have to prove it to be true. They have to prove it to be false. That's what the law says.

"It was IMPOSSIBLE that the apostles could have persisted in affirming the truths they had narrated, had not JESUS CHRIST ACTUALLY RISEN FROM THE DEAD, . . ."

Jesus' first coming already happened. He showed Himself to people. His second coming is not to you selfishly (you want a selfish Jesus? remember people like you killed Him), but when He returns Jesus affirms it will be like lightening from the east and west and we all know it. Jesus has not returned yet because He is showing mankind we can't do it on our own. We need Him. So He says He returns as the world is about to destroy itself not for you, but for the sake of the elect.

You can't demand Jesus present Himself to you right this instant, since people like you killed Him. Moreover, even if He did return who is to say you would really accept Him? You might call Him an imposter. So He returns at the right time in 2029 for the sake of the elect, not for you, after the sign of the Son of Man (Matt. 24.30) asteroid Apophis April 13, 2029. It is proposed Jesus steps down on the mount of olives (Zech. 14.4, Acts 1.11, Rev. 1.7) potentially on the Day of Atonement Sept. 19, 2029 which is exactly to the day 2,520 days (7x360 Daniel's 70th seven) from Feast of Trumpets Sept. 26, 2022.

12 Historical Facts (Most Critical Scholars Believe These 12 items)

- over 3500 scholars, skeptics alike, almost all agree on these 12 facts.

1. Jesus died by crucifixion.

2. He was buried.

3. His death caused the disciples to despair and lose hope.

4. The tomb was empty (the most contested).

5. The disciples had experiences which they believed were literal appearances of the risen Jesus (the most important proof).

6. The disciples were transformed from doubters to bold proclaimers.

7. The resurrection was the central message.

8. They preached the message of Jesus’ resurrection in Jerusalem.

9. The Church was born and grew.

10. Orthodox Jews who believed in Christ made Sunday their primary day of worship.

11. James was converted to the faith when he saw the resurrected Jesus (James was a family skeptic).

12. Paul was converted to the faith (Paul was an outsider skeptic).
10-08-2014, 07:26 PM
Your circular reasoning gets me so turned on,HBL Drooling

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
[+] 2 users Like DemonicLemon's post
10-08-2014, 07:30 PM

You have no references for those CLAIMS. They are nothing but claims. There are only documents from his BELIEVERS, not from his enemies, or detractors. That puts the so-called "documentation" on a very different footing than documents about others. It's worthless as "documentation", as the documents we have, contradict each other, and are riddled with problems.

Your god *could* just show itself. That would be the "best" evidence. Those in Christ are deluded again ! And, BTW, you're going to hell for lying. Can't forget to try to scare people. That is part of the "schtick" right ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
10-08-2014, 07:35 PM
(10-08-2014 07:22 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  I'm pretty sure Astreja has a Facebook page...with photos. Does your god have that?

https://www.facebook.com/TheGoodLordAbove
[+] 1 user Likes RogueWarrior's post
10-08-2014, 07:54 PM
(10-08-2014 07:24 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(10-08-2014 06:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  Except there is no eyewitness testimony from the Apostles. This has has been the conclusion from the majority of Biblical scholars for quite some time.

The Resurrection of Christ 1 Corinthians 15

Blah blah blah just a bunch of made up bullshit and your claim that eye witness testimony is the best evidence proves you don't know anything about fucking Law either you silly silly bitch. Especially when your witnesses either don't actually exist or have no names, you got no dates, psychiatric history, and you can't provide them from cross examination.
We the Jury find you a cunt.

Oh and you have still failed to find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony in various group settings that Astreja is God you little bitch.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
10-08-2014, 08:22 PM
*sigh* ...*pats hbl on the head* you know the louder you proclaim the lies, the more I know you fight your inner doubt.

Once we as a global society figure out that we need to treat religion like we did racism, and make it a negative stigma, so that when someone professes to believe in such nonsense people look at you in shock, as we do when some tool uses a racist/sexist etc type comment...we have to stop putting people who call themselves reverend/father/preacher/saint etc up on a pedestal, they should be embarrassed to say, "I believe in a man made delusion designed to control and subjugate the masses." Only then can we progress as a society.

Society doesn't need religion to be moral, this is easily proven. Secular societies are better for everyone. Anyone who has paid attention knows that Denmark and Sweden are among the least religious nations in the world. It is also well known that in various rankings of nations by life expectancy, child welfare, literacy, crime rates, schooling, economic equality, standard of living and competitiveness, Denmark and Sweden stand in the first tier.

Now let’s look at Saudi Arabian countries, a few come to mind, they are most likely the most devout religious people on the planet...it isn't a past time for them, or a moderate belief, they are willing to die for their beliefs...and they subsequently have the lowest rankings for quality of life, schooling etc.

Side note HBL; guess what the biggest religious demographic group in prison is? Christian, the smallest? Atheist. Non religious population in the US is currently at about 35% and climbing, but yet we make up less then 1% of prison population.. Consider

The facts are irrefutable. Let go of the delusion, embrace reality, there is no longer a valid reason to cling to fear based delusions of a super genie simply because science hasn’t provided all of the answers yet to the question of LIFE.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post