Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
10-08-2014, 09:41 PM
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
I've really enjoyed our time together.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2014, 09:42 PM
A man who threatens people and sticks to his threats is not worth respect. More over standing up for a delusion, especially one that has been clearly shown to be a delusion by multiple members here, is not worthy of praise.

Let me put it another way: Neo-Nazi's stand up for what they believe in the face of insults and mockery. Do you admire them?
Find all posts by this user
10-08-2014, 09:42 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2014 09:57 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(10-08-2014 09:18 PM)hbl Wrote:  Resurrection always refers to bodily.

No it doesn't. Dr. Bart Ehrman and Dr. Bernard Brandon Scott (a seminary professor) do not agree, as do many of the scholars in the Jesus Seminar, (Dr. JD Crossan etc). "Exaltation" to an Apocalyptic Jew did not mean "bodily resurrection". And Paul used the Greek word for "exaltation". He did not say "bodily raised up".

Name your scholars, and stop lying.
You are not qualified to speak on this subject, obviously.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...other-look

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
10-08-2014, 09:45 PM
(10-08-2014 09:37 PM)hbl Wrote:  I don't believe in atheism for several reasons:

1) I can't find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles in various group settings and none of the atheists here have been able to either, and they can't find a greater proof than this of God.
You might try listening for a change. Consider

(10-08-2014 09:37 PM)hbl Wrote:  2) There is no morality to atheism, since you will just cease to exist; what follows is it doesn't matter what you do in life the consequence is the same. The worst rapist and murderer who ever lived ends up ceasing to exist like the kindest most caring person who ever lived.
Disgusting. The only thing that keeps your morals in line is "god". You just said you would have none without "god". Disgusting and shame on you.

(10-08-2014 09:37 PM)hbl Wrote:  3) Something in nature can't come from non-existence, nor can it always have existed, because if it did, you would have happened already, having had an alleged eternity to do so. So nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated. This is the uncreated Creator.
This is what you believe because the alternative makes no sense to you. But what you fail to realize is "god" being the answer IS the very same alternative (meaning, it has the exact same problems). Consider

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
10-08-2014, 09:47 PM
(10-08-2014 09:42 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  A man who threatens people and sticks to his threats is not worth respect. More over standing up for a delusion, especially one that has been clearly shown to be a delusion by multiple members here, is not worthy of praise.

Let me put it another way: Neo-Nazi's stand up for what they believe in the face of insults and mockery. Do you admire them?

I admire their courage but I detest their hatred.

I haven't seen HBL as a hateful person but haven't followed every post on this thread.
10-08-2014, 09:50 PM
(10-08-2014 09:37 PM)hbl Wrote:  I don't believe in atheism for several reasons:

1) I can't find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles in various group settings and none of the atheists here have been able to either, and they can't find a greater proof than this of God.

2) There is no morality to atheism, since you will just cease to exist; what follows is it doesn't matter what you do in life the consequence is the same. The worst rapist and murderer who ever lived ends up ceasing to exist like the kindest most caring person who ever lived.

3) Something in nature can't come from non-existence, nor can it always have existed, because if it did, you would have happened already, having had an alleged eternity to do so. So nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated. This is the uncreated Creator.

Yeah, keep lying to yourself if it helps you swallow your own bullshit; but nobody here is buying. Go home dumbass...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
10-08-2014, 09:52 PM
(10-08-2014 09:37 PM)hbl Wrote:  1) I can't find a naturalistic explanation
Your personal stupidity and ignorance in not an argument, and it's not evidence.

(10-08-2014 09:37 PM)hbl Wrote:  2) There is no morality to atheism
And yet as a community Atheists are better people then Christians if we take prison populations as an indicator. As has been pointed out to you, by me on several occasions, Atheism is not a moral philosophy it's a single stance on a single question. Do you not believe in bacon cause it has no moral system? What about Chairs and tables, there is no morality in cardboard does that mean it does not exist?

Every single atheist here has shown to be more honest than you, so clearly YOU do not have morality.

(10-08-2014 09:37 PM)hbl Wrote:  3) Something in nature can't come from non-existence,

You still have not demonstrated that. Bitch
10-08-2014, 09:52 PM
(10-08-2014 09:17 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  
(10-08-2014 09:11 PM)TheBear Wrote:  REMEMBER! IF IT'S POSTED IN EXTRA LARGE, BOLD AND COLOR FONT, IT MUST BE TRUE. YOU CANNOT DENY THE POWER OF EXTRA LARGE, BOLD AND COLOR FONT. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

DUDE! Quit hurting my Virgin Ears with all your YELLING!!!Weeping

What? I can't hear you. Speak up!
10-08-2014, 09:54 PM
(10-08-2014 09:47 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  
(10-08-2014 09:42 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  A man who threatens people and sticks to his threats is not worth respect. More over standing up for a delusion, especially one that has been clearly shown to be a delusion by multiple members here, is not worthy of praise.

I admire their courage but I detest their hatred.

You have a VERY different definition of courage then I do.
10-08-2014, 09:56 PM
(10-08-2014 09:41 PM)hbl Wrote:  I've really enjoyed our time together.

Really? Doesn't your book speak poorly of those who enjoy sodomy? Drinking Beverage