Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
11-08-2014, 12:02 AM
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(10-08-2014 11:48 PM)hbl Wrote:  Atheists will be resurrected for Hell because they are the bad people!

As long as you're not there reciting drivel it'll be worth it.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2014, 12:07 AM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2014 12:15 AM by Astreja.)
(10-08-2014 10:21 PM)hbl Wrote:  ... God restrains us from some things always ...

(11-08-2014 12:00 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  The rest of us get around not raping and murdering people just fine, and without the constant threat of Hell. Because if you think "why not? Of course I would do whatever I want if it wasn't for the threat of Hell, who wouldn't?", then you are the one lacking a moral compass.

Excellent point, EK. A god would only have to "restrain" someone who intends to do evil. Apparently hbl's god is unable to restrain him from deliberately misrepresenting other people's statements and falsely accusing them of murder. The only logical conclusion I can draw from hbl's behaviour is that there's no "Holy Spirit" currently operating in his life. Perhaps the HS got tired of watching yet another spam-fest, shook the dust from its sandals and left town.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-08-2014, 12:20 AM
(10-08-2014 11:48 PM)hbl Wrote:  You are making it too difficult on yourselves. It's clear the first Apostles were eyewitnesses in various group settings because people don't willingly die for what they know is a lie and group hallucinations are impossible.

Willing die for a lie? Who said they knew it was a lie? Maybe they did die for a lie, but they all believed it was true (you know, sort of like every suicide bomber ever)? Maybe none of them existed? Maybe all of the stories of their martyrs deaths were fabrication (because there is zero evidence for any of them, they are all just church tradition and nothing more)?

(10-08-2014 11:48 PM)hbl Wrote:  None of the 12 Apostles changes their mind even in the face of being martyred where they could have recanted to save their life.

Please list all 12 apostles, and how, when, and where they died; and provide scholarly evidence to support this. Then show how changing their story could have possibly saved any of them. I bet my life that you cannot do this.

(10-08-2014 11:48 PM)hbl Wrote:  Jesus said as He was going to be killed so would they for spreading the gospel to the nations, because people retaliate since the gospel says they are going to Hell if they don't give their lives to Christ. They are too selfish to do so so they kill us instead. Atheists love killing Christians.

[Image: jill-greenberg-crying-photoshopped-babie...mes-17.jpg]

Gotta love Christian Persecution Complex (or CPC™). They where persecuted so much, it's a wonder that they're the largest religion in the world. Oh wait...

Please stop lying, you are making the Baby Jesus™ cry!

(10-08-2014 11:48 PM)hbl Wrote:  Therefore, the bodily resurrection of Jesus took place. Jesus said He would raise His body on the 3rd day. And that's exactly what happened. Just as He was resurrected so will we all be, but Atheists will be resurrected for Hell because they are the bad people!

Suicide bombers flew planes into the Twin Towers, immolating themselves and 3,000 innocent civilians. They couldn't possibly have willing died for a lie, therefore Muhammad was the final prophet of Yahweh. Not only that, but all who do not accept this will be tortured in Hell for eternity, even other people 'of the book'. Drinking Beverage

Try again dumbass...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
11-08-2014, 12:29 AM
(11-08-2014 12:20 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  show how changing their story could have possibly saved any of them. I bet my life that you cannot do this.

Easy. As, for example, Peter was hung upside down on the cross for believing in Jesus as God and Savior, he could have said that he recants his beliefs and no longer follows Jesus. They would have not killed him, but let him go. Paul was almost killed 7 times before he was finally martyred. The Apostles knew eventually they would be put to death, but could have stopped pursuing the faith to save their lives, but they never did.
11-08-2014, 12:34 AM
(11-08-2014 12:20 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  they all believed it was true

That's right. They believed it was true that they had seen Jesus alive from the dead in various group settings, but group hallucinations are impossible. So you are stuck because you still can't find a naturalistic explanation to account for their eyewitness testimony.
11-08-2014, 12:34 AM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2014 12:38 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(11-08-2014 12:29 AM)hbl Wrote:  
(11-08-2014 12:20 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  show how changing their story could have possibly saved any of them. I bet my life that you cannot do this.

Easy. As, for example, Peter was hung upside down on the cross for believing in Jesus as God and Savior, he could have said that he recants his beliefs and no longer follows Jesus. They would have not killed him, but let him go. Paul was almost killed 7 times before he was finally martyred. The Apostles knew eventually they would be put to death, but could have stopped pursuing the faith to save their lives, but they never did.

Ahem...

EvolutionKills Wrote:Please list all 12 apostles, and how, when, and where they died; and provide scholarly evidence to support this. Then show how changing their story could have possibly saved any of them. I bet my life that you cannot do this.

Was that a scholarly citation and evidence for all 12 apostles? Nope. Just more shit you pulled out of your ass that gets passed around on Sundays.

Way to fail dumbass, go home already...

You know, you keep making the Baby Jesus™ cry if you keep lying like this, right?

11-08-2014, 12:36 AM
(11-08-2014 12:20 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Maybe none of them existed

They are the most documented people in antiquity so if they didn't exist nobody did, not Aristotle, Plato, Julius Caesar, Nero or Tiberius to name a few.

I don't think any scholars or historians would hold to your doublestandard unless they are a few bolts short of a screw.
11-08-2014, 12:39 AM
So the naturalistic explanation attempted is that the Apostles died for what they knew was a lie. But that fails because people don't die for what they know is a lie.

The other idea is that the Apostles hallucinated, but according to the DSM-5 psychology manual, group hallucinations are impossible.

So why are atheists so stupid? They certain lack an ability to think properly.
11-08-2014, 12:41 AM
(11-08-2014 12:39 AM)hbl Wrote:  So the naturalistic explanation attempted is that the Apostles died for what they knew was a lie. But that fails because people don't die for what they know is a lie.

The other idea is that the Apostles hallucinated, but according to the DSM-5 psychology manual, group hallucinations are impossible.

So why are atheists so stupid? They certain lack an ability to think properly.

Or the Apostles are fictitious, because we have ZERO evidence they existed. The very real and likely possibility that it is all a myth constantly eludes you. Drinking Beverage

11-08-2014, 12:44 AM
(11-08-2014 12:36 AM)hbl Wrote:  
(11-08-2014 12:20 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Maybe none of them existed

They are the most documented people in antiquity so if they didn't exist nobody did, not Aristotle, Plato, Julius Caesar, Nero or Tiberius to name a few.

I don't think any scholars or historians would hold to your doublestandard unless they are a few bolts short of a screw.

Not even close, and this has been explained with evidence and citations to you more than a dozen times. While you have never presented any evidence to support your own claims.

[Image: CRYING-BABY-JESUS.jpg]

Look at that, you went and made the Baby Jesus™ cry AGAIN? Why do you keep making the Baby Jesus™ cry like that?