Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
11-08-2014, 12:46 AM
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
We're looking for documentation from non-Christian sources, at the time the events supposedly happened.

Not surprisingly, there are no non-Biblical writings circa 30-40 CE that describe a 3-hour darkness over Jerusalem or an earthquake that liberated walking, talking zombie saints from their graves.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
11-08-2014, 12:46 AM
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
(10-08-2014 07:35 PM)RogueWarrior Wrote:  
(10-08-2014 07:22 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  I'm pretty sure Astreja has a Facebook page...with photos. Does your god have that?

https://www.facebook.com/TheGoodLordAbove

I dunno man. HBL's god sounds like a total D-Bag. The god at this FB page seems like a decent fellow. I'd vote for him. Pretty sure that's not HBL's god.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
Find all posts by this user
11-08-2014, 12:57 AM
(11-08-2014 12:46 AM)Astreja Wrote:  We're looking for documentation from non-Christian sources, at the time the events supposedly happened.

Not surprisingly, there are no non-Biblical writings circa 30-40 CE that describe a 3-hour darkness over Jerusalem or an earthquake that liberated walking, talking zombie saints from their graves.

There are no non-Christian sources for anyone in antiquity at the times the supposed events happened so why would you need this only for Christianity? I don't think it is right to have a doublestandard. The Bible says be "not doubletongued" (1 Tim. 3.8).

Even so the 4 gospels were written soon after Jesus died, and Paul's writings were written when they happened, and the same is true for James, Jude and Luke's writings even Revelation. For example, Revelation was written to the 7 churches at that time.

There was a lunar eclipse the day Jesus died on the cross April 3, 33 AD (Julian), but the darkness would be cloud cover. Is that really so hard to believe? As well as an earthquake?

Just as Jesus resurrected Lazarus I am sure He can do the same with those in their graves. I admit there is no way to prove a few people came out of their graves, so if you leave it out, it doesn't hurt the gospel message at all.
11-08-2014, 01:02 AM
As for non-Christian sources though we do have 17 of them within 150 years of Jesus' death which is more than for anyone else in antiquity. In fact there are more sources for Jesus from non-Christian sources than any ten people from antiquity combined.

As you can see God holds a higher standard in evidence for the faith. I just encourage you to get rid of your doublestandards because it makes you look like you are not too bright and frankly, unethical.

You seem to have a hard on for Christianity.
11-08-2014, 01:05 AM
(11-08-2014 12:36 AM)hbl Wrote:  
(11-08-2014 12:20 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Maybe none of them existed

They are the most documented people in antiquity so if they didn't exist nobody did, not Aristotle, Plato, Julius Caesar, Nero or Tiberius to name a few.

I don't think any scholars or historians would hold to your doublestandard unless they are a few bolts short of a screw.

That's a lie. You know it's a lie, it's been shown in the very thread multiple times by multiple people across multiple days that it's a lie. Choke on your own tongue.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
11-08-2014, 01:10 AM
(11-08-2014 12:57 AM)hbl Wrote:  
(11-08-2014 12:46 AM)Astreja Wrote:  We're looking for documentation from non-Christian sources, at the time the events supposedly happened.

There are no non-Christian sources for anyone in antiquity at the times the supposed events happened

Not only is this a lie, it's breathtakingly ignorant of history and so stupid it's barely worth calling you out on because everyone here including you has a better grasp of history then that and knows that's a lie. Try harder, you fail.
11-08-2014, 01:11 AM
(11-08-2014 01:02 AM)hbl Wrote:  As for non-Christian sources though we do have 17 of them within 150 years of Jesus' death which is more than for anyone else in antiquity. In fact there are more sources for Jesus from non-Christian sources than any ten people from antiquity combined.

Nope, try again. Not even worth a rebuttal it's so wrong all you deserve at this point is a no.

No.
11-08-2014, 01:12 AM
(11-08-2014 01:05 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(11-08-2014 12:36 AM)hbl Wrote:  They are the most documented people in antiquity so if they didn't exist nobody did, not Aristotle, Plato, Julius Caesar, Nero or Tiberius to name a few.

I don't think any scholars or historians would hold to your doublestandard unless they are a few bolts short of a screw.

That's a lie. You know it's a lie, it's been shown in the very thread multiple times by multiple people across multiple days that it's a lie. Choke on your own tongue.

Come on now WD, never pass up a chance to use a good gif! Wink

@hbl

[Image: 78dad5195daae42810c3158385734eee.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
11-08-2014, 01:14 AM
(11-08-2014 01:02 AM)hbl Wrote:  because it makes you look like you are not too bright and frankly, unethical.

You have lied, and delighted in lying, in every post you have made. No one here is more unethical then you, but it's OK cause we KNOW you are just a troll and don't actually have faith in Jesus Christ.
11-08-2014, 01:16 AM
(11-08-2014 01:12 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(11-08-2014 01:05 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  That's a lie. You know it's a lie, it's been shown in the very thread multiple times by multiple people across multiple days that it's a lie. Choke on your own tongue.

Come on now WD, never pass up a chance to use a good gif! Wink

@hbl

[Image: 78dad5195daae42810c3158385734eee.jpg]

One of my favorites, you know me so well! Sadly I don't have a good stockpile of gifs yet, and I always forget to use the ones I do have haha.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post