Poll: Do you believe in atheism?
No
Yes
Not sure (agnostic)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Why I Don't Believe in Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 1.57 Average
11-08-2014, 02:07 AM
RE: Why I Don't Believe in Atheism
Whole bunch of claims not any sources or evidence.

1/10 just for the persistence of your stupid. Your boring as fuck but your persistently boring. You're dumb as a rock but you don't mind sharing it with the world so that's good I guess.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2014, 02:22 AM
Does hairy balls display any evidence that he's not a bot? 'Cos ya know, he ignores everything anyone says to him and reposts the same shit. I wonder if the reason he's so free to spend his time doing this is that he's a script?

In any case, from HBL I know that not being able to disprove something means that it must be true. Thus since I can't disprove that HBL is a bot, he must be a bot. Can we ban him now?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
11-08-2014, 02:37 AM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2014 02:46 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(11-08-2014 01:58 AM)hbl Wrote:  To the best of my knowledge...

And you have shown, repeatedly, that your 'knowledge' is woefully inadequate.

[Image: tumblr_mgsmbtFQqQ1s25zj0o1_1280.jpg]

You have made it abundantly clear, there is a metric-fuck-ton that you refuse to learn or acknowledge, because it disagrees with your presuppositions. That is not the actions of someone honestly seeking the truth and following the evidence wherever it takes them; those are the actions of dogmatists who fear to truly challenge what they already believe.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
11-08-2014, 03:18 AM
(11-08-2014 01:02 AM)hbl Wrote:  As for non-Christian sources though we do have 17 of them within 150 years of Jesus' death which is more than for anyone else in antiquity. In fact there are more sources for Jesus from non-Christian sources than any ten people from antiquity combined.

Which you have never once named. You have claimed this repeatedly, but you never name one.

This Christard claims humans will be resurrected for hell. He's a heretic. He makes up shit. That's not what Paul taught. He's going to hell. Tongue

Paul says death (as any Jew would) is "sleep" (1 Corinthians:15:51-58)
Immortal souls is not even taught by the Babble : "You know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him" (1 John:3:15).

Paul told the members of the congregation in Rome to "seek" immortality (Romans:2:5-7

Paul thought only the saved were immortal. He never said the eveil were going to hell. He taught Christians at Corinth that they must be changed and "put on" immortality (1 Corinthians:15:51-55). Paul said that only God and His Son possess immortality (1 Timothy:6:12-16) and eternal life is a "gift" from God (Romans:6:23).

Too bad hbl knows nothing about his cult, or what it teaches.

(11-08-2014 01:02 AM)hbl Wrote:  Paul entered a life of incredible hardship as a Christian when he didn't need to. He had a successful career going on in Judaism as a Pharisee.

Actually he did. He was a trouble-maker, and the apostles kicked him out of Jerusalem, and he had to bribe them to get apostolic status.

(11-08-2014 01:58 AM)hbl Wrote:  To the best of my knowledge, there is nothing recorded in antiquity so close to the events that happened and number of sources.

But that's a very low standard isn't it ? The "best" of your knowledge is pretty low, as you've demonstrated.

(11-08-2014 01:02 AM)hbl Wrote:  Therefore, it is holding the highest of standards of historical record. Jesus has 45 sources of Him within 150 years of His death. Tiberius died on just 4 years after Jesus and only had 9 sources. Actually, Jesus has more sources about Him than any ten figures from antiquity.

Which you are unable to name even one of, so your CLAIM is dismissed.

(11-08-2014 01:02 AM)hbl Wrote:  Paul said in Gal. 1 & 2 he met James and Peter a few years after the cross as indicated in 1 Cor. 15 in which he says he is delivering what he received from them. Scholars place his conversion two years after the cross. Galatians says it was "3 years" after his conversion he met James and Peter, so that's five years after the cross he met original eyewitness Apostles. And it's safe to say they talked about more than just the weather.

Paul made a lot of shit up. You have proven none of it as reliable.

(11-08-2014 01:02 AM)hbl Wrote:  Altogether, there is Paul's writings, oral traditions in creeds, hymns and sermon summaries in various NT books, and writings of the early church fathers such as Polycarp and Clement of Rome who personally knew the Apostles John and Peter. Polycarp was a student of John and Clement of Rome was a friend of Peter. Clement is mentioned in the Bible in addition to extra-Biblical sources.

And they were admitted liars. So there's that.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
11-08-2014, 03:19 AM
(10-08-2014 09:37 PM)hbl Wrote:  1) I can't find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles in various group settings and none of the atheists here have been able to either, and they can't find a greater proof than this of God.

2) There is no morality to atheism, since you will just cease to exist; what follows is it doesn't matter what you do in life the consequence is the same. The worst rapist and murderer who ever lived ends up ceasing to exist like the kindest most caring person who ever lived.

3) Something in nature can't come from non-existence, nor can it always have existed, because if it did, you would have happened already, having had an alleged eternity to do so. So nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated. This is the uncreated Creator.

Thus proving that whatever anyone posts you won't read it or acknowledge it and will just keep on saying the same things again and again.

All these points have been refuted and you have not even tried countering these refutations.

This post is proof that you are a troll.
[+] 4 users Like Mathilda's post
11-08-2014, 03:44 AM
(11-08-2014 03:19 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(10-08-2014 09:37 PM)hbl Wrote:  1) I can't find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles in various group settings and none of the atheists here have been able to either, and they can't find a greater proof than this of God.

2) There is no morality to atheism, since you will just cease to exist; what follows is it doesn't matter what you do in life the consequence is the same. The worst rapist and murderer who ever lived ends up ceasing to exist like the kindest most caring person who ever lived.

3) Something in nature can't come from non-existence, nor can it always have existed, because if it did, you would have happened already, having had an alleged eternity to do so. So nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated. This is the uncreated Creator.

Thus proving that whatever anyone posts you won't read it or acknowledge it and will just keep on saying the same things again and again.

All these points have been refuted and you have not even tried countering these refutations.

That's why I can't believe that people have been dealing with this idiot for nearly 100 pages now. This moron was obviously nothing more than a troll very early on. As you have said, he has refused to read or acknowledge anyone's posts, and has refused to provide any countering evidence for all the refutations. It's time to stop giving this troll his satisfaction he gets from watching all the responses to his idiotic claims, since he's not even reading the posts. He's an attention whore, and he's getting satisfaction from all this attention. We need to stop wasting our time on this idiot. Arguing with people like him is like that old proverb about how arguing with idiots like this is like chasing after a pig: You end up covered in mud and shit, and the pig enjoys it.

Seriously, quit wasting your time and energy on this moron. This thread is nothing more than an attempt by a troll to get attention, and we're just giving him exactly what he wants.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes WindyCityJazz's post
11-08-2014, 06:57 AM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2014 07:05 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(11-08-2014 03:44 AM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  
(11-08-2014 03:19 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Thus proving that whatever anyone posts you won't read it or acknowledge it and will just keep on saying the same things again and again.

That's why I can't believe that people have been dealing with this idiot for nearly 100 pages now. This moron was obviously nothing more than a troll very early on. As you have said, he has refused to read or acknowledge anyone's posts, and has refused to provide any countering evidence for all the refutations. It's time to stop giving this troll his satisfaction he gets from watching all the responses to his idiotic claims, since he's not even reading the posts. He's an attention whore, and he's getting satisfaction from all this attention. We need to stop wasting our time on this idiot. Arguing with people like him is like that old proverb about how arguing with idiots like this is like chasing after a pig: You end up covered in mud and shit, and the pig enjoys it.

Seriously, quit wasting your time and energy on this moron. This thread is nothing more than an attempt by a troll to get attention, and we're just giving him exactly what he wants.

You are correct in a way. But most of the traffic on TTA is comprised of passing guests. The things hbl asserts, while nutty, old, boring, and long ago dismissed by many of us, are the usual fare, spouted by wacko fundies, beginners, and those ignorant, for example, of the ramifications of the nonsense Kalam asserts. So in his own little way, hbl does the cause of free-thought a favor, as the readers who are not members, see how easy it is, (or at the very least, possible) to come up with perfectly reasonable intelligent responses to the ususal garbage they are faced with from religionists, the supposed "authoritative" people and references they cite, and the false claims they make concerning sources and methods, especially the "authoritative" way they think they can use ''scripture". For example, how many religionists actually know that the Hebrews in the OT held no belief in "going to heaven and hell", had no belief even remotely similar to what is popular today in "immortality" (or that that fact is well known in academic circles in centers of Biblical Studies), or even the subject of how and when scholars and archaeologists know the Bible was cooked up, assembled, and why that happened, when it happened.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
11-08-2014, 07:10 AM
(11-08-2014 12:36 AM)hbl Wrote:  
(11-08-2014 12:20 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Maybe none of them existed

They are the most documented people in antiquity so if they didn't exist nobody did, not Aristotle, Plato, Julius Caesar, Nero or Tiberius to name a few.

I don't think any scholars or historians would hold to your doublestandard unless they are a few bolts short of a screw.

Why do you carry on with this obvious absurdity? Your apostles are in exactly one book, there is no corroborating evidence, there is no physical evidence, while we have multiple sources and physical artifacts attesting to the existence of other figures.

You really don't know how to think. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
11-08-2014, 08:45 AM
(10-08-2014 10:21 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(10-08-2014 09:45 PM)Impulse Wrote:  The only thing that keeps your morals in line is "god".

Think how evil that is to think something else keeps you in line other than God. Whatever else that could be it would always be lesser than God since nothing is greater than God. But you exalt yourself on high. And so what keeps you in line is your degraded moral standard. That's atheism for you. A faith that sends the worst rapist and kindest most caring person to the same fate. What love is that? No wonder why the worse crimes in history were at the hands of atheists such as Stalin who killed 40 million, Mao who killed 60 million, and Hitler who killed 30 million since he was a naturalist--survival of the fittest--, killing people who did not belong to his Aryan race and almost wiped out the Jewish population by killing at least 6 million of them. He tried to kill them because he thought, along with the Persians and Arabians, if he could get rid of the Jews they could never fulfill the prophecy Israel would become a nation again (May 14, 1948) and thus, the Messiah who was a Jew, would be forgotten so as to lead people away from Christ as the Savior of our sins on the cross. 200 million died in the 20th century alone from the naturalist only view. You atheists are 'sick fucks'. Why is that the highest rate of suicides are atheists? Because it doesn't matter since the destination is the same according to them - annihilation! But no Christian would ever commit suicide as the Holy Spirit restrains us. God restrains us from some things always. The surest way to Hell is suicide. But since no Christian can lose eternal life "they shall never perish" (John 10.28) so we can't do some things that atheists do like kill themselves.
I see you didn't deny it. Some of us are moral because it's right. Period. No gawd needed.

Atheism is not a "faith". As for everyone going to the same place at death, that's true - but it's called non-existence, not "hell".

As for the worst crimes in history being at the hands of atheists - you've conveniently forgotten about all the people who died at the hand of Christians for the sake of Christianity, among other things.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
11-08-2014, 09:23 AM
(10-08-2014 10:21 PM)hbl Wrote:  Think how evil that is to think something else keeps you in line other than God. Whatever else that could be it would always be lesser than God since nothing is greater than God. But you exalt yourself on high. And so what keeps you in line is your degraded moral standard.

Funny how it's actually secular morals and ethics that keeps your bible in line.

(10-08-2014 10:21 PM)hbl Wrote:  That's atheism for you. A faith that sends the worst rapist and kindest most caring person to the same fate. What love is that?

Atheism is not a faith and does not drive anyone to do anything.

(10-08-2014 10:21 PM)hbl Wrote:  No wonder why the worse crimes in history were at the hands of atheists such as Stalin who killed 40 million, Mao who killed 60 million, and Hitler who killed 30 million since he was a naturalist--survival of the fittest--, killing people who did not belong to his Aryan race and almost wiped out the Jewish population by killing at least 6 million of them. He tried to kill them because he thought, along with the Persians and Arabians, if he could get rid of the Jews they could never fulfill the prophecy Israel would become a nation again (May 14, 1948) and thus, the Messiah who was a Jew, would be forgotten so as to lead people away from Christ as the Savior of our sins on the cross. 200 million died in the 20th century alone from the naturalist only view.

Hitler was a Catholic. Nobody blames catholicism for the Holocaust, how can you blame atheism for Stalin and Mao?

(10-08-2014 10:21 PM)hbl Wrote:  You atheists are 'sick fucks'. Why is that the highest rate of suicides are atheists? Because it doesn't matter since the destination is the same according to them - annihilation!

Bullshit. Though I do know people that have killed themselves because their loving Christian family disowned them after they came out as atheists.

(10-08-2014 10:21 PM)hbl Wrote:  But no Christian would ever commit suicide as the Holy Spirit restrains us. God restrains us from some things always. The surest way to Hell is suicide. But since no Christian can lose eternal life "they shall never perish" (John 10.28) so we can't do some things that atheists do like kill themselves.

Here's an article from Christianity Today, and I quote:
Quote:As the suicide of Rick Warren's son Matthew brings renewed attention to mental health, depression, and suicide, we see that his case is not uncommon. Every 15 minutes, someone in the United States takes his or her own life. That's 35,000 suicides every year in this country—and likely more, since many suicides are disguised as accidents. Sadly, suicide occurs among Christians at essentially the same rate as non-Christian.

Atir aissom atir imon