Why I LOVE hell.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2014, 10:01 AM
RE: Why I LOVE hell.
(22-09-2014 03:05 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(21-09-2014 08:50 PM)hell-lover Wrote:  God decides who gets into heaven - period. If you don't like it take it up with the big guy. I for one will not question God's will. Smile

You don't even have the brains to be a boot licking toadie to a tyranical mass murder that actually exists so you picked a fake made up one from a primitive fucking speck of sand in one of the most ignorant times and places in history. A fucking genius you are. That you are happy that people who engage in finite crimes are punished infinity is unjust, wicked, and revolting. That you are also a coward with a complete lack of morals outside "might makes right" is further abhorrent.

You are a disgusting and morally reprehensible human being and when you die you not only deserve the nothingness coming your way but I hope we blast your dead body into the sun because I don't want even your rotting corpse debasing this goodly frame the Earth.

Oh and before I forget: hell is made up you fucking child, grow up.
pwned Thumbsup

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
22-09-2014, 10:24 AM
(22-09-2014 09:51 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(22-09-2014 08:37 AM)Li_Holodomer Wrote:  Hitler: Heaven, a Christian

Atheist: Hell, not a Christian

Hitler has taken the Christian God's offer of salvation up, and the Atheist has not. It's so very simple. Who do you think is worthy of salvation?

Are you vindictive and wish punishment on the contrite?

No, I'm not. I'm not the one extolling the perfection of hell. That would be the thread's original author. Personally, I regard the entire concept as grotesque, regardless of the moral quality or contrition of the damned. What purpose would be served by having a hell of torment and torture, rather than (for example) simple oblivion? Whatever deterrence is offered by the story (and it's little... after all, increasing punishment is shown not to greatly increase deterrence, and in any event the slim-to-non-existent evidence that the sentence will ever be carried out makes it not much of a deterrent) could be accomplished just as effectively by a myth of hell, an empty threat that need never be followed through on. Beyond that, its only purpose seems to be suffering for the sake of suffering, inflicting torment on people because someone (not me) thinks their torment is a desirable end in and of itself.

And like I said, I have to ask, because different Christians (or at least different people who identify as Christians) come down in different places on the topic. They have different theological takes (usually given to them by their denominations) of who gets damned and who does not. So no, it's not obvious, and it's not just me. The standard you believe in is simple once explained, but there was no grounds for assuming that it was the standard you believed in before you explained it, as opposed to several other (also simple) standards believed in by other people who call themselves Christians.

If anything, choosing to set up the system as described in the OP (rather than one of oblivion for those not let into heaven) seems to qualify as falling under your linked standard of moral evil. It would inflict tremendous suffering upon the majority of humanity, for no purpose other than to inflict suffering. And the omniscient, omnipotent being we are to believe set up this system can hardly claim ignorance or helplessness to do otherwise.

What I meant was, if you were God, would you punish a contrite Hitler?

Also, as you've said, it varies. Some like annihilationism, where souls are destroyed, some like literal fire and brimstone (op).

The Catholics prefer to think that anyone in Hell really, really wanted to go there.

But I was not attacking your theology (or lack thereof) but your attitude of confusion over why good things don't happen to good people, necessarily and your erroneous concept of what the Bible said on the subject.
22-09-2014, 12:55 PM (This post was last modified: 22-09-2014 04:49 PM by Reltzik.)
(22-09-2014 10:24 AM)Li_Holodomer Wrote:  
(22-09-2014 09:51 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  No, I'm not. I'm not the one extolling the perfection of hell. That would be the thread's original author. Personally, I regard the entire concept as grotesque, regardless of the moral quality or contrition of the damned. What purpose would be served by having a hell of torment and torture, rather than (for example) simple oblivion? Whatever deterrence is offered by the story (and it's little... after all, increasing punishment is shown not to greatly increase deterrence, and in any event the slim-to-non-existent evidence that the sentence will ever be carried out makes it not much of a deterrent) could be accomplished just as effectively by a myth of hell, an empty threat that need never be followed through on. Beyond that, its only purpose seems to be suffering for the sake of suffering, inflicting torment on people because someone (not me) thinks their torment is a desirable end in and of itself.

And like I said, I have to ask, because different Christians (or at least different people who identify as Christians) come down in different places on the topic. They have different theological takes (usually given to them by their denominations) of who gets damned and who does not. So no, it's not obvious, and it's not just me. The standard you believe in is simple once explained, but there was no grounds for assuming that it was the standard you believed in before you explained it, as opposed to several other (also simple) standards believed in by other people who call themselves Christians.

If anything, choosing to set up the system as described in the OP (rather than one of oblivion for those not let into heaven) seems to qualify as falling under your linked standard of moral evil. It would inflict tremendous suffering upon the majority of humanity, for no purpose other than to inflict suffering. And the omniscient, omnipotent being we are to believe set up this system can hardly claim ignorance or helplessness to do otherwise.

What I meant was, if you were God, would you punish a contrite Hitler?

Also, as you've said, it varies. Some like annihilationism, where souls are destroyed, some like literal fire and brimstone (op).

The Catholics prefer to think that anyone in Hell really, really wanted to go there.

But I was not attacking your theology (or lack thereof) but your attitude of confusion over why good things don't happen to good people, necessarily and your erroneous concept of what the Bible said on the subject.

If I were God.... meaning, if I had the powers of omnipotence and omniscience... I imagine that the lack of practical limitations that I normally operate under would so distort my perspective as to make it completely alien and impossible to predict.

However, if I were to guess, I would think that I'd have intervened, somehow, before Hitler had done what he did. Maybe in some subtle, butterfly-flapping-its-wings sort of way that allowed free will to exist, but helped shape the environment in which that free will made its choices, and so helped shape the choices as well. Thus, I would have bypassed the dilemma entirely.

As for why good things don't (always) happen to good people? I'm not confused about it at all. That's not the case, because there is no mechanism in place to ensure that it is the case. And again, I brought up the example of Hitler versus the atheist just so I could have you two clarify where you stood on the dogma of salvation. Even if you are following the "correct" interpretation of what it says in the Bible, I'd have no way of knowing that you were until I'd checked.
22-09-2014, 01:25 PM
(21-09-2014 08:50 PM)hell-lover Wrote:  God decides who gets into heaven - period. If you don't like it take it up with the big guy. I for one will not question God's will. Smile

Step 1. Please provide proof that there is a God.

Step 2. Um. There is no number 2 unless you complete step 1.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
22-09-2014, 03:15 PM
(22-09-2014 08:42 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Oh... It's one of THESE posts. This is entirely unnecesary. As it turns out, atheism is simply logically absurd. Proof that God exists

Go eat a grenade salad you brain damaged plebeian.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
22-09-2014, 05:13 PM
(22-09-2014 03:15 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(22-09-2014 08:42 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Oh... It's one of THESE posts. This is entirely unnecesary. As it turns out, atheism is simply logically absurd. Proof that God exists

Go eat a grenade salad you brain damaged plebeian.

Ooh, getting fiesty are we? Is this perhaps a sign that you have no argument? Drinking Beverage

Truth seeker.
22-09-2014, 05:24 PM
(22-09-2014 05:13 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(22-09-2014 03:15 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Go eat a grenade salad you brain damaged plebeian.

Ooh, getting fiesty are we? Is this perhaps a sign that you have no argument? Drinking Beverage

It's more evidence you can't fucking spell. Your God is weak, mine knows how to spell. Drinking Beverage

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-09-2014, 09:22 PM
(22-09-2014 05:13 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(22-09-2014 03:15 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Go eat a grenade salad you brain damaged plebeian.

That's not feisty little boy, that's dismissive. You don't even have an argument to counter argue so all you get is a hand wave and directions back to the kiddy table you lying sack of prepubescent idiocy. I don't argue with the lying anyway, you're beneath me, but more then happy to mock you and your public displays of foolishness.

Go get fisted by a gorilla.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 4 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
22-09-2014, 09:28 PM

I don't see/find any evidence for any proofs from that link.

Much cheers to all.
22-09-2014, 09:29 PM
(22-09-2014 09:22 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Go get fisted by a gorilla.

There's something you don't hear every day.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post