Why I LOVE hell.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-09-2014, 03:20 AM (This post was last modified: 28-09-2014 03:26 AM by Ace.)
RE: Why I LOVE hell.
(27-09-2014 04:42 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(27-09-2014 04:38 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  By that logic, a guy who coded a video game from scratch will have his game deleted the moment somebody kills that guy. And no, I'm saying Jackson carved the part of God's brain that allows God to live out of God's head.

No, because video games exist within the universe. The universe exists within God. Without God, there can be no universe. Enough about that Jackson guy. He doesn't exist. Facepalm

all of existence, the universe, our lives are all part of gods fantasies ? Consider

this is deeply disturbing Gasp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-09-2014, 04:35 AM
(28-09-2014 03:20 AM)Ace Wrote:  
(27-09-2014 04:42 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  No, because video games exist within the universe. The universe exists within God. Without God, there can be no universe. Enough about that Jackson guy. He doesn't exist. Facepalm

all of existence, the universe, our lives are all part of gods fantasies ? Consider

Well he is a disturbing person, what do you expect?

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
30-09-2014, 10:07 AM
(22-09-2014 11:07 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(22-09-2014 05:13 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Ooh, getting fiesty are we? Is this perhaps a sign that you have no argument? Drinking Beverage

Diddo, this is far from the first time you've linked that piece-of-crap choose-your-own-misadventure website, and we'd torn its logic to shreds long before your shadow ever darkened our bridge. We did it again when you first brought it up... and when you brought it up a second time, and a third. There's a point in time when when the debunked and destroyed argument is no longer worthy of consideration, when it is in fact a waste of time, and when the person who keeps spamming it and insisting we discuss it YET AGAIN and "oh how unreasonable you are for not doing so" is worthy of nothing but mockery, enmity, or pity.

You've moved miles beyond that point, and have now apparently entered grenade salad territory.

Either come up with a new argument (if you're capable of it), rather than the same old beaten-to-death horse, or at least stop spamming this one, or resign yourself to receiving the same consideration, respect, and welcome as a zit on prom night.

Reason or GTFO.

EDIT:
Okay, fine. Since we have some newcomers, I'll do a quick run-through of ONE EXAMPLE of this site's stupidity. Starting on front page. Asking about absolute truth. Does it exist? Well, I can't think of an example I'm certain of. I can think of a lot of things that seem likely to be examples of absolute truth, but I'm not certain of them for all people in all places at all times ever. So I click "I don't know". Most honest answer I can give.

This leads me to the statement being posed, "I don't know if absolute truth exists", with only two options: "Absolutely true", or "false". Well this is just jim-dandy. It's a true statement NOW. I certainly can't click false. But maybe I figure out tomorrow, or next year, whether or not absolute truth exists. Since the provided definition of absolute truth is that it has to be true at all times, and since this statement might not be true in the future, it can't be described with any confidence as being absolutely true. Therefore, I'm being offered a very restrictive choice that is also a false dichotomy. As the site gives me no valid option to continue, it fails and I'm done.

Please take this in the kind spirit in which I intend it, but do you see the problem that happens after the second step you propose? In other words, if you reject both "true" or "false" and answer "I don't know" (right now, because you might know absolute truth later as you wrote) you are answering "I don't know" to a question that asks you if you don't know (know) something?

Put another way, if you ask me if I know something or not with certainty, and I say, "I don't know whether I know what I know or not", wouldn't you say I was being a bit metaphysical in my response? Wasn't the website merely attempting to use rules of logic and not metaphysics to address questions of truth (which can be measured using logic/math/true/false)?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-09-2014, 10:43 AM
(28-09-2014 04:35 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(28-09-2014 03:20 AM)Ace Wrote:  all of existence, the universe, our lives are all part of gods fantasies ? Consider

Well he is a disturbing person, what did you expect?

well I was expecting something less.............. stupid Facepalm

then again when has that stopped them Drinking Beverage

the facts are so oblivious, its like this meme, instead of water Pokemon its peer reviewed papers that lead us in the opposite direction of what religion says
[Image: what-the-hell-is-wrong-with-these-people.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
30-09-2014, 11:01 AM
Jesusfuckingchrist! And I thought the thread began as childish drivel. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
30-09-2014, 03:31 PM
(30-09-2014 10:07 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(22-09-2014 11:07 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  Diddo, this is far from the first time you've linked that piece-of-crap choose-your-own-misadventure website, and we'd torn its logic to shreds long before your shadow ever darkened our bridge. We did it again when you first brought it up... and when you brought it up a second time, and a third. There's a point in time when when the debunked and destroyed argument is no longer worthy of consideration, when it is in fact a waste of time, and when the person who keeps spamming it and insisting we discuss it YET AGAIN and "oh how unreasonable you are for not doing so" is worthy of nothing but mockery, enmity, or pity.

You've moved miles beyond that point, and have now apparently entered grenade salad territory.

Either come up with a new argument (if you're capable of it), rather than the same old beaten-to-death horse, or at least stop spamming this one, or resign yourself to receiving the same consideration, respect, and welcome as a zit on prom night.

Reason or GTFO.

EDIT:
Okay, fine. Since we have some newcomers, I'll do a quick run-through of ONE EXAMPLE of this site's stupidity. Starting on front page. Asking about absolute truth. Does it exist? Well, I can't think of an example I'm certain of. I can think of a lot of things that seem likely to be examples of absolute truth, but I'm not certain of them for all people in all places at all times ever. So I click "I don't know". Most honest answer I can give.

This leads me to the statement being posed, "I don't know if absolute truth exists", with only two options: "Absolutely true", or "false". Well this is just jim-dandy. It's a true statement NOW. I certainly can't click false. But maybe I figure out tomorrow, or next year, whether or not absolute truth exists. Since the provided definition of absolute truth is that it has to be true at all times, and since this statement might not be true in the future, it can't be described with any confidence as being absolutely true. Therefore, I'm being offered a very restrictive choice that is also a false dichotomy. As the site gives me no valid option to continue, it fails and I'm done.

Please take this in the kind spirit in which I intend it, but do you see the problem that happens after the second step you propose? In other words, if you reject both "true" or "false" and answer "I don't know" (right now, because you might know absolute truth later as you wrote) you are answering "I don't know" to a question that asks you if you don't know (know) something?

Put another way, if you ask me if I know something or not with certainty, and I say, "I don't know whether I know what I know or not", wouldn't you say I was being a bit metaphysical in my response? Wasn't the website merely attempting to use rules of logic and not metaphysics to address questions of truth (which can be measured using logic/math/true/false)?

You had your finger on it to begin with, but lost it immediately. My stance was not, "I don't know if I know." I quite clearly said that I knew that I didn't know. My stance was, "I don't know that I will never know", which is quite a bit less self-contradictory than you are implying.

The website made a bait-and-switch. Rather than offering the option of "true" for the second choice, which I would have accepted as a statement about the present, it instead substituted "absolutely true". As the website's definition of absolute truth requires it to be true at all times, to say that the statement that I don't know whether absolute truth exists is absolutely true, would have been to say that I would ALWAYS not know. The option of "I don't know now, but might know in the future" is not present in this false dichotomy.
01-10-2014, 07:46 AM
(30-09-2014 03:31 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(30-09-2014 10:07 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Please take this in the kind spirit in which I intend it, but do you see the problem that happens after the second step you propose? In other words, if you reject both "true" or "false" and answer "I don't know" (right now, because you might know absolute truth later as you wrote) you are answering "I don't know" to a question that asks you if you don't know (know) something?

You had your finger on it to begin with, but lost it immediately. My stance was not, "I don't know if I know." I quite clearly said that I knew that I didn't know. My stance was, "I don't know that I will never know", which is quite a bit less self-contradictory than you are implying.

The website made a bait-and-switch. Rather than offering the option of "true" for the second choice, which I would have accepted as a statement about the present, it instead substituted "absolutely true". As the website's definition of absolute truth requires it to be true at all times, to say that the statement that I don't know whether absolute truth exists is absolutely true, would have been to say that I would ALWAYS not know. The option of "I don't know now, but might know in the future" is not present in this false dichotomy.

That makes sense to me. Thanks.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-10-2014, 08:34 AM
(30-09-2014 11:01 AM)kim Wrote:  Jesusfuckingchrist! And I thought the thread began as childish drivel. Dodgy

The smell of the OP threadshitting his own thread brought on other trolls.
01-10-2014, 08:41 AM
Sorry for contributing to shit threads Sad

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."