Why I LOVE hell.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2014, 06:13 PM
RE: Why I LOVE hell.
I look forward to going to Hell and meeting all my heros.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-09-2014, 07:47 PM (This post was last modified: 21-09-2014 08:02 PM by Reltzik.)
(21-09-2014 08:45 AM)hell-lover Wrote:  
Quote:Unfortunately?

You seemed pretty happy about the prospect back in the OP. Have some consistency!

I didn't say I was happy but like everything else God has made hell is good. It is a place where the unrighteous can go so that heaven can be kept pure.

So would be oblivion... or just an amusement park.... or just an existence like this one. If the only purpose is sequestration, there are a thousand other ways that a totally powerful and wise deity could pull it off without eternal, excruciating torture.

And if we have hell instead of oblivion for those who are impure, is that really such a perfect thing?

But then, that's an aside. You're not thanking God for keeping the riff-raff out, are you?

(20-09-2014 10:12 AM)hell-lover Wrote:  Hell is the most perfect place God ever created. It is the place where his enemies and all that is unjust can burn forever. I thank God everyday for hell knowing the unrighteous will get their just due.

No, or at least you weren't at the start of the thread. You're giving thanks because you believe they're going to suffer eternally and excruciatingly. You're GIVING THANKS for this. This isn't just "sad but necessary to keep Heaven pure" or "not my call" or "I won't question God's judgement in this" to you. It's something you're delighting in and calling the most perfect thing ever devised.

Nothing quite like Christian love to warm the cockles of the heart. Assuming you're a Christian. You might be a Poe (a satirist who gets mistaken for the real thing). But even then, I've known Christians who felt that way, even if you're not one of them.

BTW, question. I have to ask because answers vary a lot in Christianity and I don't know where you come down on this. If Hitler, in his last three minutes of life, had repented, said the salvation prayer, gotten dunked/sprinkled/whatever, all that stuff, and then kept from doing anything bad for the next 180 seconds, where does your theology say he'd be ending up? I'm not asking for your gut reaction. I'm asking for what you believe God's policy on the subject of salvation and redemption is.
21-09-2014, 07:59 PM
Quote:BTW, question. I have to ask because answers vary a lot in Christianity and I don't know where you come down on this. If Hitler, in his last three minutes of life, had repented, said the salvation prayer, gotten dunked/sprinkled/whatever, all that stuff, and then kept from doing anything bad for the next 180 seconds, where does your theology say he'd be ending up? I'm not asking for your gut reaction. I'm asking for what you believe God's policy on the subject of salvation and redemption is.

The bible is clear you need to have faith in Jesus. Someone claiming to repent at the last minute having just killed millions of people doesn't seem to me to have true faith but only God would know what's in Hitler's heart.

Quote:The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Psalm 14:1
21-09-2014, 08:11 PM
(21-09-2014 07:59 PM)hell-lover Wrote:  
Quote:BTW, question. I have to ask because answers vary a lot in Christianity and I don't know where you come down on this. If Hitler, in his last three minutes of life, had repented, said the salvation prayer, gotten dunked/sprinkled/whatever, all that stuff, and then kept from doing anything bad for the next 180 seconds, where does your theology say he'd be ending up? I'm not asking for your gut reaction. I'm asking for what you believe God's policy on the subject of salvation and redemption is.

The bible is clear you need to have faith in Jesus. Someone claiming to repent at the last minute having just killed millions of people doesn't seem to me to have true faith but only God would know what's in Hitler's heart.

So if Hitler DID actually have faith in Jesus... a newfound faith or a recently rediscovered one, but true faith nonetheless... again, this is a hypothetical of him repenting of his past actions, however heinous they were... would he go to Heaven then?

And let us contrast this hypothetical with another one of an atheist. Someone who doesn't really know whether Jesus existed, but thinks that if Jesus existed he was just a normal human being who had a lot of legends spring up after his death. This atheist goes through life behaving in what most of us would regard a good way, doing her best to harm no one, treating people kindly, giving to the needy and the poor, speaking up against wrongdoing at risk to herself, and ultimately dying without believing in the Bible story or having any faith in Jesus as a divine figure or savior. Under your theology, is this person going to hell?

Also, how do you define purity and impurity, in the context of keeping Heaven pure?
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
21-09-2014, 08:28 PM
I thought hell was a state of mind.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
21-09-2014, 08:29 PM
(21-09-2014 08:11 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(21-09-2014 07:59 PM)hell-lover Wrote:  The bible is clear you need to have faith in Jesus. Someone claiming to repent at the last minute having just killed millions of people doesn't seem to me to have true faith but only God would know what's in Hitler's heart.

So if Hitler DID actually have faith in Jesus... a newfound faith or a recently rediscovered one, but true faith nonetheless... again, this is a hypothetical of him repenting of his past actions, however heinous they were... would he go to Heaven then?

And let us contrast this hypothetical with another one of an atheist. Someone who doesn't really know whether Jesus existed, but thinks that if Jesus existed he was just a normal human being who had a lot of legends spring up after his death. This atheist goes through life behaving in what most of us would regard a good way, doing her best to harm no one, treating people kindly, giving to the needy and the poor, speaking up against wrongdoing at risk to herself, and ultimately dying without believing in the Bible story or having any faith in Jesus as a divine figure or savior. Under your theology, is this person going to hell?

Also, how do you define purity and impurity, in the context of keeping Heaven pure?

Mathew 20:16

"So the last will be first, and the first will be last." ~Jesus Christ

That's the beauty of Christianity m8. The Christian God isn't fair by human standards. The whole "I am good, it is wrong that good things aren't happening to me" thing is wildly hubiristic, if you ask me.
21-09-2014, 08:36 PM
(21-09-2014 08:28 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I thought hell was a state of mind.

Depends on the congregation.
21-09-2014, 08:50 PM
God decides who gets into heaven - period. If you don't like it take it up with the big guy. I for one will not question God's will. Smile

Quote:The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Psalm 14:1
21-09-2014, 08:52 PM
(21-09-2014 08:29 PM)Li_Holodomer Wrote:  The Christian God isn't fair by human standards. The whole "I am good, it is wrong that good things aren't happening to me" thing is wildly hubiristic, if you ask me.

Agreed on the first point, at least as God is depicted in the Bible and some swaths of Christianity. Regarding the second, IF we believe that such a God existed and favored/rewarded good people, as large sections of Christianity do believe, then good people getting sent to hell becomes a major theological sticking point... though only to those sections of Christianity, not to all Christians as a whole.

Part (one of many parts) of what I'm trying to figure out is why either of these two points (God not being fair, and God allowing bad things to happen to good people) would inspire gratitude, trust, moral praise, or prayers of thanks.
21-09-2014, 08:57 PM
(21-09-2014 08:50 PM)hell-lover Wrote:  God decides who gets into heaven - period. If you don't like it take it up with the big guy. I for one will not question God's will. Smile

I'm not asking you to question God's will. I'm asking you... as someone who has claimed to have some insight into this being's practices, designs, intentions, and methods... enough to say what hell is, the standard by which people are sent there or not, why it is a good thing, and so on... what you believe his standard is. You seemed willing to discuss this earlier. Indeed, you passed judgement on it, calling hell the most perfect place ever and offering up prayers of thanks for it.

But okay. Let's say you're not doing all of that.

What did you mean earlier, when you said keeping Heaven pure?

You meant something. Right? Did you mean something?

Was it just a meaningless statement? Literally meaningless, having no meaning at all to you? Did you not mean anything at all by the word pure?

If the statement meant something in your head, what did you mean by it?

If it didn't mean anything, why did you say it?
[+] 4 users Like Reltzik's post