Why I Like Creationist Trolls On Atheist Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2013, 02:22 PM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2013 02:32 PM by WindyCityJazz.)
Why I Like Creationist Trolls On Atheist Forums
A few reasons why creationist trolls are good and we need them on atheist forums:

1. They keep us entertained with their ridiculous bullshit that they call reasoning.

2. I like seeing them fall flat on their faces every time they try to get creative: PJ's Research Project thread was a perfect example.

3. They help push people who are on the verge of giving up their faith towards atheism. I, myself, was one of those people who got pushed away from religion by the cold, hateful, attitudes of creationists. That, and their ridiculous hypocrisy about being about love and kinship with their fellow man as they turn around and spew hate at anyone that doesn't fall in line with their beliefs.

As annoying as the creatards are on the forum, I, for one, see that they do serve a good purpose. Anybody who is on the cusp between faith and atheism can come here and see not only how creationists are constantly debunked and made to look like fools, but they get to see the truly hateful attitudes that creationists have towards others that don't share their beliefs. Nobody invited the creationists here. They came by their own choice, which only shows that they came here merely for the purpose of spewing hate at those that don't agree with them. To any sane person on the cusp of giving up their faith, I'd say it certainly works in our favor.

BTW I have always liked discussing topics of religion with religious people who I can have a mature discussion with like two adults, so I have no problem with religious people coming to an atheist forum to discuss things. I just wish there were ones that would come here without the snobby, I'm-Better-Than-You attitude and spewing hate at people that don't agree with them, then turning around and crying foul when they get their comeuppance tenfold.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
22-12-2013, 02:26 PM
RE: Why I Like Creationist Trolls On Atheist Forums
I agree, as long as they keep within the rules. There's a turning point for certain trolls where it goes from "this is what I believe" to purely spamming the forum and being an asshole. TTA isn't supposed to be a haven for trolls.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
22-12-2013, 02:33 PM
(22-12-2013 02:26 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  I agree, as long as they keep within the rules. There's a turning point for certain trolls where it goes from "this is what I believe" to purely spamming the forum and being an asshole. TTA isn't supposed to be a haven for trolls.

Yes, very much agreed. Big Grin

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
22-12-2013, 02:38 PM
Some are genuinely amusing. And there are a few that are decent people. I tend to think that while [name omitted] makes bad arguments he's at least a decent human being. It's when they get rude that it bothers me.

It bothers me from some of the non-theists as well.
[+] 2 users Like natachan's post
22-12-2013, 02:56 PM
(22-12-2013 02:38 PM)natachan Wrote:  Some are genuinely amusing. And there are a few that are decent people. I tend to think that while [name omitted] makes bad arguments he's at least a decent human being. It's when they get rude that it bothers me.

It bothers me from some of the non-theists as well.

If you're talking about PJ, I don't know if I would go as far as to call him a decent human being.
22-12-2013, 02:58 PM
I'm only bothered by the creepy ones that try to talk in voice of god.

Hobo

makes me think they need their psychiatrist on speed dial.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
22-12-2013, 03:02 PM
(22-12-2013 02:58 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I'm only bothered by the creepy ones that try to talk in voice of god.

Hobo

They probably already have but decided to do things their way.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
22-12-2013, 03:24 PM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2013 03:33 PM by λάθε βιώσας.)
(22-12-2013 02:58 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I'm only bothered by the creepy ones that try to talk in voice of god.

Hobo

Divine language or Glossolalia doesn't really phase me no more... living in the world you kind of get used to it?

after all a majority do possess it or practice it out of the theistic lot.

It is very similar to how we as a society have overcome our fear and hatred of the AIDS virus, and how society has learned to accept those with AIDS and not fear them even breathing on us anymore.

I don't know if you remember those days?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_language

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossolalia

they don't bother me anymore, I'm not afraid of them it's more of an acceptance thing now and this understanding comes from being educated about them.

but I always get a kick out of those ones standing on the street corner with a "The End is Near" sign... they are the weirdest!

[Image: ec25156e-63b1-4c54-98cc-e0325deeaf3b_zps3f7864d1.jpg]
Hands Of Dust
[+] 1 user Likes λάθε βιώσας's post
22-12-2013, 03:44 PM
ITT: Misuse of the term 'troll.'

"Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty. People no longer have need of others. You can always find a spare for any talent. Any relationship can be replaced. I had gotten bored of a world like that."
[+] 1 user Likes Gilgamesh's post
22-12-2013, 03:46 PM

Hobo

O.o That actually happened on the forums?