Why I Like Creationist Trolls On Atheist Forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2013, 06:33 PM
RE: Why I Like Creationist Trolls On Atheist Forums
(22-12-2013 06:25 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  They're crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.

EWWWW dude, you don't know where they've been.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
22-12-2013, 06:39 PM
Point 3 FTW.
Many times they seem to be false flag strawman puppets though.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
23-12-2013, 08:14 AM
If the person would be considered a theist "troll", I don't really like them. If they're some jaggof like SavedWheat who just shows up to tell us how stupid we are without saying anything of substance, they're a waste of my time. I think most people theist and atheist will recognize people like SW as some stupid twat who's just trying to piss someone off and won't see him as representative of Christianity. No one's opinion will be swayed, including fence sitters.

What I do appreciate is theist posters who genuinely believe what they say and aren't here just to piss people off. I wouldn't, however, consider them theist or creationist trolls. Sure, I may find their ideas crazy and the theists themselves to be a bit too credulous, but at least they aren't there just to be assholes. I appreciate that. Hell, I was one of them for nearly thirty years. It's fun sitting on the other side of the fence arguing against what I used to argue for.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
23-12-2013, 12:38 PM
(23-12-2013 08:14 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  If the person would be considered a theist "troll", I don't really like them. If they're some jaggof like SavedWheat who just shows up to tell us how stupid we are without saying anything of substance, they're a waste of my time. I think most people theist and atheist will recognize people like SW as some stupid twat who's just trying to piss someone off and won't see him as representative of Christianity. No one's opinion will be swayed, including fence sitters.

What I do appreciate is theist posters who genuinely believe what they say and aren't here just to piss people off. I wouldn't, however, consider them theist or creationist trolls. Sure, I may find their ideas crazy and the theists themselves to be a bit too credulous, but at least they aren't there just to be assholes. I appreciate that. Hell, I was one of them for nearly thirty years. It's fun sitting on the other side of the fence arguing against what I used to argue for.

Yup. It's not about their beliefs, it's about their behavior.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-12-2013, 01:03 PM
Because

[Image: animal--cat--my-chew-toy-mike-savad.jpg]

OM NOM NOM

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
23-12-2013, 01:35 PM
(23-12-2013 12:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 08:14 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  If the person would be considered a theist "troll", I don't really like them. If they're some jaggof like SavedWheat who just shows up to tell us how stupid we are without saying anything of substance, they're a waste of my time. I think most people theist and atheist will recognize people like SW as some stupid twat who's just trying to piss someone off and won't see him as representative of Christianity. No one's opinion will be swayed, including fence sitters.

Yup. It's not about their beliefs, it's about their behavior.

^^ This...

Regarding the op, I can see their usefulness but some days I come on and think ffs, here we go again.

Like I've said numerous times, I can only legitimately see 3 reasons why a theist would go to an atheist forum.

1. Trolling.
2. Proselytise.
3. A genuine desire to understand an atheist view as they may have questions about their own theistic position.

I only have any tolerance for the 3rd type as 1 & 2 of late haven't been as funny as usual. I don't know if that's down to them or me though! Big Grin

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post