Why I Voted For Hillary

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-11-2016, 08:02 PM
RE: Why I Voted For Hillary
I've never voted Democrat for President until yesterday. I don't even like Hillary. But there no way in hell I can support putting that fuckwad in the Oval Office.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
03-11-2016, 02:15 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2016 03:19 AM by EvolutionKills.)
Let me take you on a historical road-trip.

The year is 1932, and there is a presidential election at hand. In one corner you have a plutocrat, who was weeks away from being indited for bribing a federal judge. Who was a power broker in New York state, working with the infamous Tammany Hall political machine. Easily one of the more corrupt politicians in the United States, running the most corrupt state. He was responsible for the Attorney General that was supposed to supervise Wall Street, which had melted down in 1929 on his watch, which is now remembered as the Great Depression.

That man was Franklin D. Roosevelt, arguably one of the most consequential Presidents in American history.

He knew how to use power, he knew who the players were, he knew where the levers to power were, he knew where the bodies were buried; and he wasn't afraid to do something about that.

Truman also had connection to a similar political machine in Kansas City. JFK had mob connections. Corruption does not preclude progress, indeed it is a product inherent in the system of power itself. Hopefully Clinton won't sputter out like Obama did, because in a way, Obama wasn't corrupt enough; he hadn't played the game long enough to accrue the power and the connections to actually get shit done. Bernie Sanders is an anomaly, a clean politician with a progressive agenda. But even post election, he'll be one of the 5 most powerful people in the Senate. Combine that with Elizabeth Warren and a Clinton Presidency?

Both Clinton and Trump are corrupt, no doubt about it. But one is an experienced politician, a Secretary of State, with an education and the experience to back it up. Trump is a reality TV buffoon with the social graces and vocabulary of a third grader. Anyone voting Trump under the pretense that he'll be anti-corruption is a joke. He'll be just a corrupt, the system demands it; but he'll be an inexperienced, narcissistic, dithering idiot while he goes about it.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
03-11-2016, 06:50 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2016 07:13 AM by GenesisNemesis.)
Why would I vote for a total idiot who knows jack shit, and is just as likely to be corrupt, given what he's said about the first amendment and every other fucking thing? There's no possible way there's a pragmatic answer to that question.
03-11-2016, 10:59 PM
I mean honestly, it's kind of a lose-lose scenario on some fronts. It's just significantly less of a loss with one experienced politician as opposed to an inflammatory television personality.

I mean, Clinton is far from my ideal choice, but if I were American, I'd vote Democrat in a heartbeat just to keep Trump out of office.
[+] 1 user Likes ViolexTV's post
03-11-2016, 11:59 PM

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post