Why I am no longer pro-choice no longer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2013, 12:30 PM
RE: Why I am no longer pro-choice.
(10-10-2013 03:34 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  BUT I think the fact it is the primordial ooze of a human being means that we cannot dismiss it as "nothing" either. I would say it's in that complicated grey area.
Where you draw the line is complicated.
If its complicated, then what makes you think that it is your decision to make on behalf of others?
What makes you think that a blanket rule (law) is better than careful consideration of each individual case made by those who are impacted the most?
What makes you think that politicians make better decisions than parents?

Why do you want to give your government so much power over each adult?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
10-10-2013, 12:32 PM
Hm. I see. Provide the least incentive for people to fuck and the greatest deterrence for people to not fuck.

Basically, you want a lawful restriction on fucking, specifically for breeding folk.

Dodgy

Carry on. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
10-10-2013, 12:36 PM
Muffs, there is simply no reasoning that will change the fact that you want jurisdiction over female bodies and minds.

We are not slaves. We are not brood mares. You have no right to take away my ability to decide my own future.

You propose to ruin existing human being's lives in favor of the possibility of unwanted future humans.

What on earth could be so important that you propose ruining millions of lives?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
10-10-2013, 12:47 PM
(10-10-2013 12:36 PM)Dom Wrote:  What on earth could be so important that you propose ruining millions of lives?
His consciounce, no doubt. He selfishly values his own warm fuzzy feelings more than the freedoms and lives of other people.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
10-10-2013, 12:54 PM
I think it is all very simple.

Since a woman has to carry the zygote/fetus to term, it is her decision. If she is in a relationship with the father,
she may want to discuss this with him. If she is not in a relationship with him, he will have to respect her decision. We cannot force women to carry babies, just like it is wrong to force women to have sex.
[+] 1 user Likes black_squirrel's post
10-10-2013, 12:54 PM
Consider
WHOA!!

I AGREE MUFFY!!

I can parlay this into fucking really young, hot guys. Thumbsup

I'm safe; no breeding happening here. Dive right in. Drinking Beverage Line forms to the left.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
10-10-2013, 01:15 PM
(10-10-2013 12:30 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(10-10-2013 03:34 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  BUT I think the fact it is the primordial ooze of a human being means that we cannot dismiss it as "nothing" either. I would say it's in that complicated grey area.
If its complicated, then what makes you think that it is your decision to make on behalf of others?
What makes you think that a blanket rule (law) is better than careful consideration of each individual case made by those who are impacted the most?

Because abortion has been legal and the statistic leave me with little faith in the masses using it responsibly. Because the statistics show that the overwhelming reasons for abortion is all to do with the mothers ability to care for that baby after it's born. Because adoption is better than abortion. Because we've become to desensitized to life that we value things like our job more than we do human life.
Because the fathers are getting shafted. Because all the counter points to my opinion have been in regards to very small percentages of all cases.

Pretty much everything I've said in this posts answers that post.

Quote:Hm. I see. Provide the least incentive for people to fuck and the greatest deterrence for people to not fuck.

It provides more incentive to be more cautious and safe.

Quote:Muffs, there is simply no reasoning that will change the fact that you want jurisdiction over female bodies and minds.

No I don't and if you read what I wrote you'd see this.
I still acknowledge that the women has a choice.

Just wanna add, no doctor will do an abortion after a certain time (unless health reasons), about 16 weeks I believe. Maybe sooner, maybe later. One of you'll will know I'm sure.
You do not consider this cut off time period to be restrictive?
If not why not?
The only difference between your and my opinion is this cut off period.

Quote:You have no right to take away my ability to decide my own future.

I'm not.

Quote:What on earth could be so important that you propose ruining millions of lives?

If you'd bothered to read my posts you'd know the answer to this.

Quote:His consciounce, no doubt. He selfishly values his own warm fuzzy feelings more than the freedoms and lives of other people.

You can't really pull the valuing lives card when you're for abortions.
You're valuing something like a job over a human life.

Quote:I think it is all very simple.

It's a complicated issue no matter what side of the fence you're in.
If you think it to be a very simply decision than you haven't given it enough though or research.

Quote:Consider
WHOA!!

I AGREE MUFFY!!

I can parlay this into fucking really young, hot guys. Thumbsup

I'm safe; no breeding happening here. Dive right in. Coffeedrinker Line forms to the left.

huh?

[Image: oscar.png]
10-10-2013, 01:26 PM
Quote:You can't really pull the valuing lives card when you're for abortions.
You're valuing something like a job over a human life.
Yes, you can. They are talking about valuing human people, not cells in a uterus. As you mentioned, most abortions take place in the first several weeks. While it's technically alive, so is a sperm. Why do you think a fertilized egg that hasn't even differentiated itself into different types of cells is more important than a woman with friends, loved ones, and contributes to society? That's why I have no problem with saying her life matters a lot more than a potential person.

You're valuing a clump of cells over a human woman's life and happiness.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like amyb's post
10-10-2013, 01:30 PM
At this point I'll just say that some of your thoughts on the internet really are reserved solely for a diary, Muffs. Laughat That was some fucked up shit.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
10-10-2013, 01:30 PM
(10-10-2013 12:30 PM)Stevil Wrote:  

I personally see the grey area as highly relevant.

'Abortion on demand' if looked on as an absolute right, fails to address numerous issues.

Is the foetus simply a conglomeration of meaningless cells?
Should some form of counselling pre event be required?
Are late term abortions essentially different from early ones?
Should fathers have some right in this issue?
Is a nine months pregnancy an absolute disaster?
What of serial pregnancies/abortions of unstable women?
Are the many contraceptive methods available inadequate?
Is precaution my males and females adequate?
Is care and self control re this issue taught sufficiently?
Are we considering the issue of a callous society?
Does, in fact, abortion save children from even worse scenarios?
Does the issue involve the woman exclusively?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post