Why I am no longer pro-choice no longer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2014, 12:49 PM
RE: Why I am no longer pro-choice no longer.
(01-04-2014 12:39 PM)Pickup_shonuff Wrote:  
(01-04-2014 12:18 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  No, it is better for someone to kill you before your grow old enough to exist as a you.

That makes zero sense. And I'm quite sure many orphans are happy to be alive.

Of course they are. That is not relevant.
I was just correcting your statement. It is not better to kill someone before they're old enough to know they're an orphan. That implies somewhere between implantation and like 4 years old depending on mental development. So no that is not better.

How someone feels about being alive once they're already alive is a biased opinion, because they're a person. Name a single fetus you regrets being aborted. Better yet, name a fetus who objects to being aborted.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2014, 12:58 PM
(01-04-2014 12:49 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(01-04-2014 12:39 PM)Pickup_shonuff Wrote:  That makes zero sense. And I'm quite sure many orphans are happy to be alive.

Of course they are. That is not relevant.
I was just correcting your statement. It is not better to kill someone before they're old enough to know they're an orphan. That implies somewhere between implantation and like 4 years old depending on mental development. So no that is not better.

How someone feels about being alive once they're already alive is a biased opinion, because they're a person. Name a single fetus you regrets being aborted. Better yet, name a fetus who objects to being aborted.

Even better still, name a single PERSON who regrets being killed. Again, you're not making a logical statement.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-04-2014, 12:59 PM
The pro-choice arguments I'm seeing today are really fucking stupid. What's up with that?
01-04-2014, 01:02 PM
(01-04-2014 12:58 PM)Pickup_shonuff Wrote:  
(01-04-2014 12:49 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Of course they are. That is not relevant.

Even better still, name a single PERSON who regrets being killed. Again, you're not making a logical statement.

I can name plenty of people who object to being killed, you cannot name a single fetus who objects to being aborted. Drinking Beverage

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
01-04-2014, 01:05 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2014 01:10 PM by Pickup_shonuff.)
(01-04-2014 01:02 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(01-04-2014 12:58 PM)Pickup_shonuff Wrote:  Even better still, name a single PERSON who regrets being killed. Again, you're not making a logical statement.

I can name plenty of people who object to being killed, you cannot name a single fetus who objects to being aborted. Drinking Beverage

Are any of these people under the age of say, 12 months old? Is the criteria for deciding whether it's moral to kill another human life that he or she doesn't object to it? If not, your point is irrelevant. Next.
[+] 1 user Likes Pickup_shonuff's post
01-04-2014, 01:15 PM
(01-04-2014 01:05 PM)Pickup_shonuff Wrote:  
(01-04-2014 01:02 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I can name plenty of people who object to being killed, you cannot name a single fetus who objects to being aborted. Drinking Beverage

Are any of these people under the age of say, 12 months old? Is the criteria for killing a human life that he or she objects? If not, your point is irrelevant. Next.

Umm yes. Even the smallest of newborns would object to being killed. They may not object in the way we do. But if you use medical tools to tear a baby apart (which is how late term abortions are done) that baby will scream and make whatever attempts it is able to escape.
Most scientists agree that a fetus cannot feel pain until 24 weeks.

01-04-2014, 01:20 PM
(01-04-2014 01:15 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Most scientists agree that a fetus cannot feel pain until 24 weeks.
Now that's an argument I can get behind. This crap about minding my own business because I'm a male, population control, lonely orphans; it's not only pathetic, it's inhumane.
[+] 2 users Like Pickup_shonuff's post
01-04-2014, 01:34 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2014 01:37 PM by Losty.)
(01-04-2014 01:20 PM)Pickup_shonuff Wrote:  
(01-04-2014 01:15 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Most scientists agree that a fetus cannot feel pain until 24 weeks.
Now that's an argument I can get behind. This crap about minding my own business because I'm a male, population control, lonely orphans; it's not only pathetic, it's inhumane.

It's not about being male honestly. I think everyone should mind their business because it's not their own body. If people were left and right having late term abortions just because I would stand against it, but the truth is that unnecessary late term abortions are extremely rare and the more available and affordable first trimester abortion is the more likely we are to see late term abortion (with no medical need) disappear altogether. I would rather my tax money pay for someone's first trimester abortion than for them to spend months saving up to kill a fetus that can actually feel pain.

[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
01-04-2014, 01:59 PM
(01-04-2014 01:20 PM)Pickup_shonuff Wrote:  This crap about minding my own business because I'm a male, population control, lonely orphans; it's not only pathetic, it's inhumane.
There is a lot of non nonsensical propaganda fluff used on the pro-choice side of the argument.

The fact of the matter is that the nonsensical propaganda is unnecessary to make a strong case for abortion.

The fluff just unnecessarily makes the pro-choice side of the debate look stupid.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
01-04-2014, 02:11 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2014 02:19 PM by Losty.)
(01-04-2014 01:59 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(01-04-2014 01:20 PM)Pickup_shonuff Wrote:  This crap about minding my own business because I'm a male, population control, lonely orphans; it's not only pathetic, it's inhumane.
There is a lot of non nonsensical propaganda fluff used on the pro-choice side of the argument.

The fact of the matter is that the nonsensical propaganda is unnecessary to make a strong case for abortion.

The fluff just unnecessarily makes the pro-choice side of the debate look stupid.

Not that I don't agree with you, but sometime fluff is necessary. 1) because we are all people. We have feelings and emotions and in many circumstances most people care more about how it makes them feel than they do about facts.

That was a somewhat incoherent thought and a list of only one. Sue me I have 3 children all too young for school. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post