Why I am no longer pro-choice no longer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2014, 02:32 PM
RE: Why I am no longer pro-choice no longer.
(01-04-2014 02:11 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Not that I don't agree with you, but sometime fluff is necessary. 1) because we are all people. We have feelings and emotions and in many circumstances most people care more about how it makes them feel than they do about facts.

That was a somewhat incoherent thought and a list of only one. Sue me I have 3 children all too young for school. Tongue
Yes, emotive feelings can be incredibly strong and hence people can't always be rational.

It's Kirk that scores the chicks not Spock, so it seems people are endeared toward emotions rather than machine like logic.

I try my best to come up with a logically consistent framework but get accused of being a "libertarianism yucky" or having a "selfish apathetic attitude" or being a "Libertarian fanbois". It's a commonly used social tool of ridicule and exclusion, contrived to punish diverse opinions in order to get conformity.

I have 2 children one a three year old cutie, the other a five year old marvel.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
01-04-2014, 02:36 PM
So I wasn't planned and my parents didn't really want me.

They sat down and talked it through and decided they would adjust their plans and raise me.

Would I care if they had chosen differently and I had been aborted?

Of course not, I would not ever have come to be me.

I fail to see the big deal.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
01-04-2014, 03:04 PM
(01-04-2014 02:32 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(01-04-2014 02:11 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Not that I don't agree with you, but sometime fluff is necessary. 1) because we are all people. We have feelings and emotions and in many circumstances most people care more about how it makes them feel than they do about facts.

That was a somewhat incoherent thought and a list of only one. Sue me I have 3 children all too young for school. Tongue
Yes, emotive feelings can be incredibly strong and hence people can't always be rational.

It's Kirk that scores the chicks not Spock, so it seems people are endeared toward emotions rather than machine like logic.

I try my best to come up with a logically consistent framework but get accused of being a "libertarianism yucky" or having a "selfish apathetic attitude" or being a "Libertarian fanbois". It's a commonly used social tool of ridicule and exclusion, contrived to punish diverse opinions in order to get conformity.

I have 2 children one a three year old cutie, the other a five year old marvel.

Lol. I hope you never think what I say in these politically charged threads is how I see you as a person. I do think libertarianism is yucky, but I can at least respect you for being a real libertarian not like the ones around where I live who are pro-life anti equality libertarians however the hell that is supposed to make sense.

I don't like all of your political views, but I will tell you a secret A lot of those what party are you really tests tell me I'm libertarian-lite Blush

Also yay for kiddos, mine are 5, 4, and 1 Ohmy

I have laughed, in bitterness and agony of heart, at the contrast between what I seem and what I am!
Nathaniel Hawthorne