Why I bother....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2014, 01:39 PM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2014 03:33 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Why I bother....
(13-10-2014 03:24 PM)Tsukho Wrote:  Christianity did not begin with Christ's birth on earth as Jesus. The person of Christ and God's intention to save his children predates humanity and all "myths." This is not a story of a hero fighting evil. There is no fighting with God. This is a story about reconciliation and a father who sacrificed to bring his children out of destruction. It began in our timeline as soon as the original sin occurred and has been playing throughout history. Everything else is the spin-off.

Was re-reading the thread and found more to disagree with. If god's intention to save his children predated humanity, then he knew humans would "fall" and could have avoided the entire mess. It implies that god is "subject' to something ... what is that ? Christianity began AFTER Jesus, (if he existed). The first Christians were JEWS for at least a century, some much much longer. They appropriated for themselves a non-existent "history" which the REAL historians of that culture do not agree with, in any way.

The sub-sect of Judaism called "The Way" (spoken of in Acts) *developed*. Hebrew scholars have written about how it (Christianity) makes no sense in Hebrew theology or culture (ie Martin Buber among others). A god does not have to "sacrifice" anything. That word in terms of a deity is meaningless. It (a perfect being) cannot "lose" or give up what is perfection. Original Sin was cooked up by Augustine and the Church Fathers to justify the cult when the expected end-times did not occur. There is no Original Sin in Hebrew scripture. The messiah was to re-establish the kingdom, not die for sins.

Genetics and DNA are proof there was no Adam. Humans evolved from an ancestor, and there never was a "perfect" human, and there is no evidence of preternatural perfection. It's made up.

(13-10-2014 03:24 PM)Tsukho Wrote:  God allows Satan to do what he does. Popular culture envisions a war between God and Satan, but that's not what the Bible teaches. God is omnipotent. There is no war. God allows Satan to continue for a span of time. True, Satan wars against us, but the idea of him warring against God is like flea warring against a mountain. There is no fight.

Doesn't appear to be so to me. In fact it appears that Jebus' death did absolutely nothing to change anything. The flea seems to have a lot of power.

(13-10-2014 03:24 PM)Tsukho Wrote:  [That he can't take the ONE story that is supposed to be the greatest one ever told and change it enough to not replicate the dozens of other hero/savior tales?] Perhaps you missed the point of my post. God and his work predates all of human history. His story is not the copy, it's the original. Satan and mankind's versions.

So your god made it up before it happened. And THAT jives with "free will" how ?

You really drank the Kool-ade. Congrats to your cult's indoctrinators.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
15-10-2014, 01:46 PM
(15-10-2014 12:53 PM)Tsukho Wrote:  Forum members,

Thank you all for your spirited and patient replies, and for those not patient as well. Smile

I'm not gaining the understanding I was seeking. This may be for a number of reasons:

- I'm looking for answers that don't exist.
- I don't recognize or accept the answers because of preconceived notions on my part.
- I'm not asking the correct questions and I didn't start asking my questions in a logical and proper manner.

Frankly the conversation has morphed into too many topics to keep up with, a natural direction seeing I'm saying things that many of you disagree with.

You've given me a lot to think about. I need to digest it for a bit.

Cheers,
Tsukho
A polite person who disagree with me on the internet?
What is this sorcery!?

Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage among his books. For to you kingdoms and their armies are things mighty and enduring, but to him they are but toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger.”

― Gordon R. Dickson
[+] 3 users Like Winterwolf00's post
15-10-2014, 01:48 PM
And thank you Tsukho for the honest discussion.
15-10-2014, 01:53 PM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2014 01:57 PM by Bows and Arrows.)
Glad to have you here. Theists are welcome here, for quite a long time one of our admins was a theist, he is still around some.

And keep in mind we have the boxing ring, good for sparring but also a great place to discuss just one on one, and to delve deeper into a particular topic. It might make it easier than an open thread where everyone just piles on.

EDITED: i see you already found the boxing ring

digest some, I hope you come back for more.

cheers.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
15-10-2014, 02:42 PM
Huh.. This thread went better than expected.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post