Why I can't vote Republican.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-07-2011, 05:12 PM

Why I can't vote Republican.
There are many issues that I agree with the Republican Party, lower taxes for the people who create jobs, less funding for the social programs that are expensive and don't work, no tolerance against terrorism, less gun restriction, less interference with the free market, and a lot of other stuff. The problem is their Anti-Gay and Anti- Atheist stance, they are against same sex marriage, and they support organize prayer in school. I understand if you need to go into the hall for a quick player, but don't make me pray. It several Red states such as South Carolina, Texas, and Mississippi an Atheist can't run for public office, even thou it is against Federal Law. Same sex marriage is only legal in 6 states. I can't vote, I am 16, but in the future, I can't see myself voting for a party whom is against my personnel beliefs. I am an Atheist, and a good friend of mine is a Homosexual, and for both our sake, I don't believe either of us should vote for Republican. I will probably vote Libertarian, Enough of me complaining, lets see what you guys think. Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
21-07-2011, 07:57 PM
RE: Why I can't vote Republican.
I can`t vote republican because I`m Canadian. also I don`t like the color red. I only jest.Big Grin

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-07-2011, 08:24 PM (This post was last modified: 21-07-2011 08:30 PM by GirlyMan.)
I'm a voting-life long registered Republican (30 years now) and I can't vote Republican. These teabaggers are not only making me embarrassed to admit I'm a Republican, they're making me embarrassed to be one.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
Find all posts by this user
22-07-2011, 11:15 AM
I can't vote because I am not a citizen, but I know what you mean, I am fiscally conservative a socially liberal, and absolutely secular, and I don't feel either party represents me one bit. That is, they represent me in some things, but the things I disagree with, I disagree so strongly that I can't get over them. I also find there are many people in the same situation, the Independents are a very large part of the voting population. Here where I am, these people will vote Democratic just because they associate Republicans with Fox and Limbaugh, and gay repairative therapy, and who can blame them frankly?

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
22-07-2011, 12:49 PM
I love red and they stole my color!!!! I usually go with libertarian as well, I've not found much I like about either "major" party. hopefully soon enough I'll be in canada that way I won't have to deal with this next election.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
22-07-2011, 01:01 PM
(22-07-2011 12:49 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  I love red and they stole my color!!!! I usually go with libertarian as well, I've not found much I like about either "major" party. hopefully soon enough I'll be in canada that way I won't have to deal with this next election.

I also like many of the Libertarian principles, but I find some a bit unrealistic. But the unfortunately, Libertarians don't seem to gain much ground in the US.

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
22-07-2011, 02:06 PM
Lillith, I hate to tell you this but if you become a citizen in Canada our politics are very similar. Of course you don't have to vote. But if you do you'll find that our parties mirror yours. Why are you attempting to migrate to Canada anyways? And where in Canada?
Is it because we are getting plastic money?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
22-07-2011, 10:30 PM
It's because I have a lover in Canada, and the area is Quebec so I'll be dealing more with things like the sepratists =p. From what I know the religious connotations aren't as polarized as they are in the US. I'm not sure if anything will be better, but I really hate the US and I want out. From what people have told me (non Canadians) it's a very accepting country. I also haven't really met any Canadians who absolutely hate being in Canada. Since this move idea is more about a relationship then a country I really don't have all the facts though, so feel free to tell me why not to move to Canada.

So far the worst things I've heard about, are that in some areas the muslims have taken over the courts and get away with misogyny, and that the health care system can be very difficult for transsexuals due to the lack of a variety of people to handle issues (therapists sometimes aren't right for a person and in many areas there aren't many choices). So please everyone feel free to tell me why I shouldn't move =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
23-07-2011, 08:05 PM
No reason, just curious. As a country Canada is very similar to The States. Our people are very multicultural and our religions are plentiful. If you're going to quebec then you should be good as far as I know. The only places to avoid if you classify as different at all would be saskatoon or alberta. We have healthcare, but depending on where you are the quality of care may suffer. Cost of living is high where I am in BC, which is funny because the pay is lowest here.
Our politicians are the same... untrustworthy.
We have most of the same stores, due to us selling everything to other countries, so you shouldn't have to adjust too much. Really you shouldn't have anything to worry about at all, except having to start over. I don't know how quebec is doing as far as jobs in our recession but if it's as bad as BC (horrible) it might be hard to find work.
I would have to say that there are probably the same amount of canadians who dislike living in canada as there are americans who hate living in america. I would personally move myself if I were rich, not that I hate it here, just I would really like to live in New Zealand in theory. So Perty.
I hope you find that you like it in Canada, it will definitly help having someone already here waiting for you.

24-07-2011, 01:30 AM
Ok just checking, every country has people born in it who really just don't belong. And politicians are always liars, that's not gonna change wherever you go. If I was moving due to going where I want then probably the Netherlands or Japan. I would have trouble starting over wherever I go, but I have always wanted to leave the US. I was very upset when I learned that it's the same food though cause I've liked the foods in other places since they are better prepared. Love makes compromises =p. And anyway I was unemployed for 3 years so it will be nothing new.