Why I hate Spider-man.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2013, 08:20 PM
Why I hate Spider-man.
Ever since I was a little orphan in Russia, I knew who Spider-man was. He was a superhero. He put everything on the line, and sometimes he literally had to give up everything to keep his friends safe. Sure, it's fiction, but one can not help but to look up to people who are willing to give up their own lives for their fellow man. One can not help but have an emotional response to any hero who is willing to put him/herself through everything they have. From sacrificing their own lives to sacrificing their own happiness for the sake of others. When I was a child, my mind was captivated by the wall-crawler. His teenage disposition and young age made me relate to him more than the adult heroes. He was my hero. He was one that learned from his mistakes and persevered. He started out as somebody who had nothing going for him physically, and through some random occurrence, gained the abilities to help people.

When I was a child, I wanted to be like that. I wanted to be a superhero. I wanted to be he guy that stopped bullying, that actually gave a damn about whether or not your day went alright. The guy who would give up his day to ensure that yours went great. I dreamed of the day when something like that would happen to me, and I would be able to make a difference in the world. Just like Spider-man.

Ten years after I first laid hands on an issue of The Amazing Spider-man and I still wish to be like him. I was always the guy that got beaten up because I was helping a kid with a bully problem, I rush to people's needs. I try to be like him in anyway possible, but it just isn't enough. It still isn't enough. When I look at all of the horrible, disgusting, and obscene things that go on in this world, my heart aches for those that are affected, and a voice whispers in my head, " If only I could have done something..."

That is what makes me depressed. Even though I am a good person, even though I help people, it is not enough. I want to do more than just what I am doing. I want to save people. I want to be a hero. My life is normal. I wish that I could have gotten some special powers and could save the day, could help people in a way that no one else could. I want to be a superhero.

So, whenever I read, or watch Spider-man, or any hero for that matter, a bit of me is whispering in the back of my mind, "If only you were like him."

And I know that I can't be, and it's frustrating that I can't be what I want to be. It makes me frustrated, and sad to the point of tears.

God fucking dammit.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
05-03-2013, 10:25 AM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2013 10:41 AM by Misanthropik.)
RE: Why I hate Spider-man.
If it's any consolation....you can always be like Dexter. Wink

[Image: dexter-season-7-new-poster.png]
*DISCLAIMER* I'm not recommending you become Dexter.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Misanthropik's post
05-03-2013, 10:54 AM
I wouldn't be so sure you can't be spiderman
[Image: Untitled.png]

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
05-03-2013, 11:00 AM
(05-03-2013 10:54 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  I wouldn't be so sure you can't be spiderman
[Image: Untitled.png]
Spiritual Healer? The fuck? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
05-03-2013, 02:26 PM
You are just one person and there are over six billion people in the world. Of course you think it is never enough.

But your life is still more than average, because you still help.

Okay, so you're not Spider-Man. That is just fiction.

That's ok, too.

I have a recommendation. Have you tried reaching out to other orphans, especially the ones who were in your situation?

Jesus loves you, but the Devil gives you cool shit.
[+] 2 users Like thewellkeptwoman's post
05-03-2013, 02:34 PM
In all my time on here I never anticipated coming across something like this. I too had the same feelings. But rather than hate the heroes I sought to do what they did with what I had available. Sure I can't throw cars or shoot lasers but I can knock someone out and help people I come across. On multiple occasions I have thrown myself in harms way to help complete strangers. All it takes is that spark. That burning desire to help people....and a little combat training helps too.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 4 users Like Hamata k's post
05-03-2013, 03:09 PM
(05-03-2013 02:34 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  In all my time on here I never anticipated coming across something like this. I too had the same feelings. But rather than hate the heroes I sought to do what they did with what I had available. Sure I can't throw cars or shoot lasers but I can knock someone out and help people I come across. On multiple occasions I have thrown myself in harms way to help complete strangers. All it takes is that spark. That burning desire to help people....and a little combat training helps too.
Ha, yeah. I help when I can, but I keep feeling that its not enough.

05-03-2013, 03:58 PM
(05-03-2013 03:09 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(05-03-2013 02:34 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  In all my time on here I never anticipated coming across something like this. I too had the same feelings. But rather than hate the heroes I sought to do what they did with what I had available. Sure I can't throw cars or shoot lasers but I can knock someone out and help people I come across. On multiple occasions I have thrown myself in harms way to help complete strangers. All it takes is that spark. That burning desire to help people....and a little combat training helps too.
Ha, yeah. I help when I can, but I keep feeling that its not enough.
NOT ENOUGH!? The hell does that mean? Answer two questions after you've helped someone.
1) Did I rescue and or help intended person?
2) Was enough justice handed out that the antagonists will wet themselves at the thought of me?

There's only so much we can do as an individual. Even Spiderman is but one man. Sure he can do all that neat stuff but I don't see him defeating an army anytime soon. Accept what you are, a single human. The sooner you accept that the sooner you can truly help people.

If you truly want to be a hero you must ask yourself. "Am I ready to lay down my life for others without a moments hesitation?" Hopefully the answer for you is "No. I have people that need me to stay not dead" Realize your limitations and work to expand them. Don't bite off more than you can chew just because you like the idea. I did that once.....once.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
05-03-2013, 04:28 PM
(05-03-2013 03:58 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  
(05-03-2013 03:09 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Ha, yeah. I help when I can, but I keep feeling that its not enough.
NOT ENOUGH!? The hell does that mean? Answer two questions after you've helped someone.
2) Was enough justice handed out that the antagonists will wet themselves at the thought of me?

There's only so much we can do as an individual. Even Spiderman is but one man. Sure he can do all that neat stuff but I don't see him defeating an army anytime soon. Accept what you are, a single human. The sooner you accept that the sooner you can truly help people.

If you truly want to be a hero you must ask yourself. "Am I ready to lay down my life for others without a moments hesitation?" Hopefully the answer for you is "No. I have people that need me to stay not dead" Realize your limitations and work to expand them. Don't bite off more than you can chew just because you like the idea. I did that once.....once.
Basically, I'll lay down my life if I deem it necessary to. Like if I need to risk it to save somebody. P.S Spider-Man can take on Armies.

And damn it, there is a fucking hyphen is his name, why can't people get that

05-03-2013, 04:32 PM
(05-03-2013 04:28 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(05-03-2013 03:58 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  NOT ENOUGH!? The hell does that mean? Answer two questions after you've helped someone.

Basically, I'll lay down my life if I deem it necessary to. Like if I need to risk it to save somebody. P.S Spider-Man can take on Armies.

And damn it, there is a fucking hyphen is his name, why can't people get that
I don't like hyphens.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post