Why I hate Spider-man.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2013, 04:39 PM
RE: Why I hate Spider-man.
(05-03-2013 04:32 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  
(05-03-2013 04:28 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Basically, I'll lay down my life if I deem it necessary to. Like if I need to risk it to save somebody. P.S Spider-Man can take on Armies.

And damn it, there is a fucking hyphen is his name, why can't people get that
I don't like hyphens.
Not a lot of people do, sadly. Sad

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2013, 05:15 PM
I try to look at it like a ripple in a pond.

When you help someone. That brightens their day and makes them happy. I hope that in turn makes them help people. So who knows how many people you actually helped because of that one action.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
05-03-2013, 05:38 PM
(05-03-2013 05:15 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I try to look at it like a ripple in a pond.

When you help someone. That brightens their day and makes them happy. I hope that in turn makes them help people. So who knows how many people you actually helped because of that one action.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-03-2013, 05:45 PM
(05-03-2013 05:38 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(05-03-2013 05:15 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I try to look at it like a ripple in a pond.

Yep. Exactly what I mean Smile

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
28-05-2013, 01:33 AM
[Image: wcukbKy.jpg]

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
28-05-2013, 01:39 AM
It sounds like you are highly empathetic.
I have been where you are right now, I know how horrible it feels to have all of that empathy and that urge to help, but lack the means/ability to save everyone and everything from harm. When I was a child, my mom would tell me that I would grow out of it as I got older (I didn't, by the way). I eventually ended up feeling very depressed from all the harm and pain I saw in the world, I felt helpless and I felt like I was at fault for the pain of others because I wasn't stopping the pain.

I had to figure out a way to turn my empathy into something constructive and plausible. Your empathy can be a great service to other people, you have something that a lot of people lack. But you won't be helping anyone if you become debilitated by depression or sadness that will result in being too hard on yourself. Make a plan for yourself - what issues are important to you? where can you concentrate your efforts so that you will get the best positive results? how can you help your immediate community with your empathetic abilities?

Dwelling on the inability to save everyone is only going to waste your empathetic abilities, don't let them go to waste.
[+] 1 user Likes PurpleChimp's post