Why I have trouble with cops

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2017, 12:54 AM
RE: Why I have trouble with cops
(07-09-2017 03:54 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(07-09-2017 02:36 PM)morondog Wrote:  You're positing around 1500 incidents per year that *make the news*. Implying an even greater number that don't. It means 15 000 newsworthy incidents per decade, and that's excluding the fact that every incident becomes less newsworthy the more often it happens, so the cops must be coming up with new and more interesting ways to be dickheads all the time, to stay current in the news Smile
Or not. You don't know because you're making assumption based on internet stampeding.

WTF? You're the one who made the claim. I just made deductions based off it. Don't like maths? Don't make claims then.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
08-09-2017, 05:58 AM
(08-09-2017 12:54 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(07-09-2017 03:54 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Or not. You don't know because you're making assumption based on internet stampeding.

WTF? You're the one who made the claim. I just made deductions based off it. Don't like maths? Don't make claims then.

You said "implying".
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-09-2017, 06:07 AM
(07-09-2017 01:38 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(07-09-2017 12:45 PM)JAH Wrote:  I will admit being put on the hood of a cop car at thirteen may have something to do with it, but later events have tended to confirm this.

Some poor photographer in Ohio was shot because he was out at night with his camera and tripod. What the hell is going on with the police in this country. Everyone has become a threat to the police in the US. I suspect if they keep it up it may become true.

There are 800,000 to 1,000,000 cops in the US. You hear about 5 or 6 of them, tops, on any news day.

But somehow I doubt anybody else "put him on the hood of a cop car at thirteen".
Just saying.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
08-09-2017, 06:26 AM
(08-09-2017 06:07 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  
(07-09-2017 01:38 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  There are 800,000 to 1,000,000 cops in the US. You hear about 5 or 6 of them, tops, on any news day.

But somehow I doubt anybody else "put him on the hood of a cop car at thirteen".
Just saying.

You didn't run with the crowd I did in high school. Drinking Beverage
08-09-2017, 02:57 PM
(08-09-2017 05:58 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(08-09-2017 12:54 AM)morondog Wrote:  WTF? You're the one who made the claim. I just made deductions based off it. Don't like maths? Don't make claims then.

You said "implying".

Rolleyes You lack reading comprehension. Don't worry bub, I can retype it with shorter words Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
09-09-2017, 03:38 PM
This latest US cop shooting brings to mind an earlier incident that we talked about here a while ago...

INVESTIGATORS are examining the raw, unredacted psychological records of the two police officers involved in the fatal shooting of Australian life coach Justine Ruszczyk Damond for the first time. —7 September 17.

And this trigger-happy arsewipe cop is still refusing to talk to investigators...
[Image: noor6-e1500312698743.jpg?quality=65&strip=all]

How does the US justice system allow an alleged killer to get away with silence? Why has Noor not been charged with—at the least—unjustified homicide, after two months have passed? Are the local police command building some sort of fictional explanation to exonerate Noor? Is the fact that he's a black Muslim mean authorities are reluctant to charge him with a crime? (There's immediate community outrage if a white cop shoots a black man.) Where is Noor currently located, and is he still working as a cop? And if he is, why—considering that he's totally unsuited for the job, and has two other previous complaints to be sorted out.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
21-09-2017, 10:42 PM
Not to bump this unnecessarily but it has happened again. A deaf and apparently developmentally disabled person approached 2 cops with a pipe in hand and was shot by both. One with a taser and one with a gun. The person died. There were witnesses near by yelling at the cops "he can't hear you". They shot at him anyway. And, no if you want a link just look it up yourself.

It reminded me of a cop killing a few blocks from where I was then living (there is no link to that). The man in that case who if I remember the reports correctly was probably drugged up was armed with a knife. The cops shot and killed him. If the cops I see with some occasion are typical the all have long and potent truncheons, that never seems to be the first choice when facing people armed not with a gun. The gun seems to be the first choice for most cops.
21-09-2017, 10:47 PM
(07-09-2017 01:38 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(07-09-2017 12:45 PM)JAH Wrote:  I will admit being put on the hood of a cop car at thirteen may have something to do with it, but later events have tended to confirm this.

Some poor photographer in Ohio was shot because he was out at night with his camera and tripod. What the hell is going on with the police in this country. Everyone has become a threat to the police in the US. I suspect if they keep it up it may become true.

There are 800,000 to 1,000,000 cops in the US. You hear about 5 or 6 of them, tops, on any news day.

What about the hundreds we don't hear about. Or the ones who cover up for their criminal buddies because they don't want to get shot in the back "by accident."

The OP's point is well taken. The fucking cops think they are above the law and the courts and the district attorneys sustain them in that belief.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
22-09-2017, 08:31 AM
(21-09-2017 10:47 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  What about the hundreds we don't hear about...

Uh... if we don't hear about them, then how do you know there are "hundreds"? Consider

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
22-09-2017, 09:23 AM

You can blame gun maker's greed for profit, and their lobby heat shield NRA. Those assholes lie and claim anyone who criticizes them are fascist dictators when all we are saying is we make way too many and firearms are too easy to get. Our flooded market are why cops fear society and why society fears cops.

Gun makers are like Daffy Duck pitting the beagle against Foghorn. Create a needless problem, then sell a solution to both cops and society that simply perpetuates the problem, factories increase profits.

And you also have a GOP that guts funding to everything. That puts the police in the position of assume the worst instead of more non lethal means and deescalation training. Get the cops scared, makers can militarize them and sell them weapons, get the tea party nuts scared, same thing. The more gun violence there is the more the makers can market more guns as the solution to both cops and society.

No other first world western nation we call allies has the amount of gun death we do. Nor do they have the amount of cops using their guns as default like we do. But, if you want to know where any problem lies, follow the money. Guns to the makers is about profits, not rights. They really could give a shit less if someone buy's their product and some kid accidentally kills themselves, or some mental case goes under the radar then shoots up a grade school or college.

Now watch as our resident right wing Dirty Harry's stupidly and falsely try to claim I am advocating an all out ban.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post