Why I have trouble with cops

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2017, 10:41 AM
RE: Why I have trouble with cops
(09-09-2017 03:38 PM)SYZ Wrote:  This latest US cop shooting brings to mind an earlier incident that we talked about here a while ago...

INVESTIGATORS are examining the raw, unredacted psychological records of the two police officers involved in the fatal shooting of Australian life coach Justine Ruszczyk Damond for the first time. —7 September 17.

And this trigger-happy arsewipe cop is still refusing to talk to investigators...
[Image: noor6-e1500312698743.jpg?quality=65&strip=all]

How does the US justice system allow an alleged killer to get away with silence? Why has Noor not been charged with—at the least—unjustified homicide, after two months have passed? Are the local police command building some sort of fictional explanation to exonerate Noor? Is the fact that he's a black Muslim mean authorities are reluctant to charge him with a crime? (There's immediate community outrage if a white cop shoots a black man.) Where is Noor currently located, and is he still working as a cop? And if he is, why—considering that he's totally unsuited for the job, and has two other previous complaints to be sorted out.

They cannot make him speak. He has rights under the 5th Amendment against self incrimination. His union will also have rules to follow and they seldom will tell the cop to speak.

They are unlikely to charge unless they have an actual case that they can win or at least have a reasonable prospect of doing so. Making cases in these instances are usually difficult.

Hopefully, he isn't working as a cop (he may still be on leave as this isn't settled) anywhere. He obviously cannot handle the job.

In regards to the two other complaints I'm not sure what they are for. People often file complaints against cops and many have little to no merit. If your job is to arrest people the average customer isn't usually happy with you.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2017, 11:01 AM
(22-09-2017 09:23 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(07-09-2017 12:45 PM)JAH Wrote:  I will admit being put on the hood of a cop car at thirteen may have something to do with it, but later events have tended to confirm this.

Some poor photographer in Ohio was shot because he was out at night with his camera and tripod. What the hell is going on with the police in this country. Everyone has become a threat to the police in the US. I suspect if they keep it up it may become true.

You can blame gun maker's greed for profit, and their lobby heat shield NRA. Those assholes lie and claim anyone who criticizes them are fascist dictators when all we are saying is we make way too many and firearms are too easy to get. Our flooded market are why cops fear society and why society fears cops.

Gun makers are like Daffy Duck pitting the beagle against Foghorn. Create a needless problem, then sell a solution to both cops and society that simply perpetuates the problem, factories increase profits.

And you also have a GOP that guts funding to everything. That puts the police in the position of assume the worst instead of more non lethal means and deescalation training. Get the cops scared, makers can militarize them and sell them weapons, get the tea party nuts scared, same thing. The more gun violence there is the more the makers can market more guns as the solution to both cops and society.

No other first world western nation we call allies has the amount of gun death we do. Nor do they have the amount of cops using their guns as default like we do. But, if you want to know where any problem lies, follow the money. Guns to the makers is about profits, not rights. They really could give a shit less if someone buy's their product and some kid accidentally kills themselves, or some mental case goes under the radar then shoots up a grade school or college.

Now watch as our resident right wing Dirty Harry's stupidly and falsely try to claim I am advocating an all out ban.
[Image: giphy.gif]

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
23-09-2017, 01:58 PM (This post was last modified: 23-09-2017 02:46 PM by JAH.)
An odd random comment that just occurred to me. I was in the reserves many years ago (avoiding being drafted for Vietnam, if you need to know) there were multiple police officers in my unit some of which I became friendly with. Yes one is not always consistent.

One remarked to me that the situation that he feared the most was getting called to domestic disputes. This was a San Francisco cop so it is not like he did not deal with some heavy things. All of these recent shootings seem to be on the street encounters where the cops often appear to be under no direct threat, other than to their authority. I wonder if that thought has any validity or merit.

I am doing this on my I-Pad which makes review essentially impossible so forgive any foul ops.
[+] 1 user Likes JAH's post