Why I love my mom

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2010, 11:29 AM

Why I love my mom
I was on the phone with her the other day and the topic came up and I expressed to her that I was an atheist. She asked why and I explained. She was totally accepting (as always) and said that as long as I know why in my heart, then I can't be wrong. Even she admits the hypocrisy in religion and states the only reason she is still a Christian (non-practicing) is out of hope that she is right. She took the other side of Pascal's wager.
Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2010, 12:05 PM
RE: Why I love my mom
I love my mom, really both my parents, because they have always been there for me, even during what I refer to as my "asshole" phase from my mid-teens until I graduated college.

I'm not one to worry about things as things will happen whether I worry about them or not, but my parents aging is a thought that sometimes stops and gives me pause. My dad is 71 and my mom is 66 and they are in great health but that can all change quickly. My worst nightmare is my parents inevitable infirmity.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2010, 12:18 PM

Great mom. Smile Cherish her always, because when they're gone the loss is always a reminder that there's no more time, to make up for what we wish we'd said or done to make more time for them in our lives.
Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2010, 12:57 PM
Glad to hear that your mother is so accepting. Good for her.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply