Why I'm a Theist

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1.5 Average
23-07-2015, 07:53 PM
RE: Why I'm a Theist
(23-07-2015 07:28 PM)drewpaul Wrote:  I'll repeat again, I don't care if you or any of my opponents concur with what I submit is in your opinion evidence for or against. Its not up to advocates of a position to decide the merits of a counter position. It goes without saying as an advocate of atheism you will disagree and dispute anything I say. In my opinion of course these first two lines of evidence weigh heavily in favor of my belief...so there! You're not surprised at my opinion are you? I'm not surprised at yours. Can we possibly dispense with the silly notion that I need to convince you of my claim in order for it to have any merit? I'll let the merits of my arguments rest with any undecided lurkers that may be present not my opponents.

You're essentially asking for a free pulpit from which to preach without any dissenting opinions sharing the limelight. If you wanted to be owed an opportunity to persuade observers to your way of thinking unmolested by countering arguments, you should have realized an atheist forum wasn't the right place to do it.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
23-07-2015, 07:53 PM
Quote:You're a dumb fuck.

If you don't care, then why the hell are you here?

Fuck off you moron. Or troll. Or generic theist Drinking Beverage

I love it when an atheist responds this way...it's like when playing chess and my opponent tosses the board in the air and storms out of the room.
23-07-2015, 07:55 PM
(23-07-2015 06:51 PM)Anjele Wrote:  With the number of theists showing up lately it seems like it may be time to put a guard at the gate.

The forum is more theist than atheist lately. It's getting old.

It ebbs and flows.

I'm not worried. Eventually they'll break a rule or reveal their sockiness and then they'll be banned.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-07-2015, 07:59 PM
(23-07-2015 07:53 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(23-07-2015 07:28 PM)drewpaul Wrote:  I'll repeat again, I don't care if you or any of my opponents concur with what I submit is in your opinion evidence for or against. Its not up to advocates of a position to decide the merits of a counter position. It goes without saying as an advocate of atheism you will disagree and dispute anything I say. In my opinion of course these first two lines of evidence weigh heavily in favor of my belief...so there! You're not surprised at my opinion are you? I'm not surprised at yours. Can we possibly dispense with the silly notion that I need to convince you of my claim in order for it to have any merit? I'll let the merits of my arguments rest with any undecided lurkers that may be present not my opponents.

You're essentially asking for a free pulpit from which to preach without any dissenting opinions sharing the limelight. If you wanted to be owed an opportunity to persuade observers to your way of thinking unmolested by countering arguments, you should have realized an atheist forum wasn't the right place to do it.

That sounds like something ol' Gordo might do.
23-07-2015, 08:02 PM
(23-07-2015 07:53 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  

Dissent all you want, make your counter points and rebut everything I say but you don't have to also tell me my argument didn't persuade you...I know that already. The point of a debate is to persuade the unpersuaded not the folks I'm debating.
23-07-2015, 08:02 PM
Why I'm a Theist
(23-07-2015 07:53 PM)drewpaul Wrote:  

I love it when an atheist responds this way...it's like when playing chess and my opponent tosses the board in the air and storms out of the room.

You're not playing chess. You're an escaped insane asylum patient who found a computer you kooky dumbass

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
23-07-2015, 08:06 PM
(23-07-2015 07:53 PM)drewpaul Wrote:  

I love when theists bitch because counter arguments completely destroy their arguments. Does your opponent in chess play or is it like you not allowing counter arguments and only you get to play?

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
23-07-2015, 08:07 PM
(23-07-2015 07:55 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(23-07-2015 06:51 PM)Anjele Wrote:  With the number of theists showing up lately it seems like it may be time to put a guard at the gate.

It ebbs and flows.

I'm not worried. Eventually they'll break a rule or reveal their sockiness and then they'll be banned.

Most of them end up hoisting themselves on their own petard.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
23-07-2015, 08:07 PM
(23-07-2015 08:02 PM)drewpaul Wrote:  
(23-07-2015 07:53 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  You're essentially asking for a free pulpit from which to preach without any dissenting opinions sharing the limelight. If you wanted to be owed an opportunity to persuade observers to your way of thinking unmolested by countering arguments, you should have realized an atheist forum wasn't the right place to do it.

Dissent all you want, make your counter points and rebut everything I say but you don't have to also tell me my argument didn't persuade you...I know that already. The point of a debate is to persuade the unpersuaded not the folks I'm debating

This seems like a moot point since unfogged didn't appear to ask for you to persuade him specifically anywhere in his post.

[Image: giphy.gif]
23-07-2015, 08:18 PM
(23-07-2015 07:55 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

It ebbs and flows.

I don't get this sentiment...don't you want debate? I ran a forum for a while and as an administrator I wanted lively debate. The name of the forum is Real life debates with theists but you would prefer theists didn't post?