Why I'm a Theist

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
12-08-2015, 04:06 PM
RE: Why I'm a Theist
(12-08-2015 06:26 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 02:13 PM)Free Wrote:  Yes, but we all know the phone was created, and we can find out who created it.

Yes, but that knowledge is not needed, so someone who didn't know it was created, would still be able to describe it's functions, and the interactions of it's various parts, just like scientist do with biological entities.

Sorry, but no. If one does not acknowledge that it was created, then it would have to be a naturally occurring object. In which case, one could not discern any purpose.

Quote:
Quote:The universe simply doesn't work that way. In fact, some things are completely counter-intuitive and boggle the mind.

I'm not sure what appealing to counter-intuition here is about? Are you suggesting that the human existence, that universe was product of a cosmic accident, a fluke, while true, is counter-intuitive?

If so, what would be the false intuitive assumption?

Quote:I find the universe itself to be far more realistic than any belief in any deity ever could be. At least with the universe we can begin to learn about it, where with any deity that we cannot see, touch, or observe in any way, we cannot learn anything about.

Except of course in what he reveals in his work. The question of God is more about the story, than the author.

Please give examples of "what he reveals in his work".

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post