Why I support the Kurdish state

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2014, 06:19 PM
Why I support the Kurdish state
I didn`t just start supporting the notion of a Kurdish state when ISIS started butchering them.

The first time I heard of this issue was due to the flag pin that Christopher Hitchens used to wear on his suits. The flag of the Kurdish people.
When reading through the history of these people you will find it ultimatly to be a sad history as these people were discriminated, butcherd and betrayed throughout history.
they were promissed a state after WW1 by the allies, but that promiss was never kept. the Turks massively discriminated them, Assad kept them discriminated aswell, in Iran they have been subject to discrimination and bombardment by the army under the Sha aswell as the theocratic regime and Saddam outright tried to exterminate all of them since they didnt fit into his view of Iraw as "purely Arab".

What makes the Kurds so different from all others in the middle east (besides israel) is that they are a largely secular society with equality amongst sexes, ethnicities and faiths.

This documentary about the kurdish regions in Syria called Rojava should also shed some light on why the Kurdish state is a cause worth supporting:

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
23-12-2014, 10:02 AM
RE: Why I support the Kurdish state
I supported the Kurdish state way back when I was a leftist, and I still do. The Kurds are nationalistic, and you will find that leodes who identify with their nation most strongly seem to have the least religious conflict.

What Kurdish nationalism really comes down to is that the Kurds have been shit on by everyone else in the region (I do mean pretty much everyone; the Arabs, Turks and even the Iranians who you would think would be more sympathetic considering that the Kurds are a related ethnic group). In many ways the Kurdish struggle reminds me of Zionism; a group of people who can find only persecution among their neighbours and want a country to call their own.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
27-12-2014, 06:22 PM
RE: Why I support the Kurdish state
I really hope to see a Kurdish state out of this.
They're doing a hell of a lot better job for countries that have been less than pleasant to them than what those countries are doing themselves... Iraq, Syria, Turkey I'm looking at you.

I'm sure they will, the momentum is there and I'm sure the Kurds are feeling rather nationalistic right now.

[Image: oscar.png]