Why I think politics is just bullshit and pointless.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2012, 03:31 PM
Why I think politics is just bullshit and pointless.
I know there are a lot of people from mostly the western world that come here to this amazing forum..... however I myself am from the UK so only know the system of where I live..... I have tried to look into the american side and follow slightly whats going on but it seems to be a bit complicated.

We may all have different representing parties.... different ways of voting but I kinda guess the whole framework is the same.

When I look at the huge majority of people around me in between elections I dont see many of them actually take an active interest in how the country and beyond is being run..... yes they may like to watch the news or read the papers but they are only one sided views on things.... the way the press is run and owned by a few major corporations they have such power in putting across certain propaganda and views that the people believe. I dont blame them for putting trust in them because I too once did until I started to look beyond and found out there is allways more to a story.... this may seem blindingly obvious to all but how many times do we read articles and forget this tiny truth..... I myself am not perfect and need to keep constantly reminding myself this and sometimes I forget.

I see the mainstream press as just a very sleek and proffesional PR group that sways public opinion.

This is an atheist forum and obv one big major thing about religion is faith yet the populous put so much faith in goverment to do the right thing. They put this damned fucking faith into them with regards to the cuts they are making across the system..... so much faith that they dont even begin to question why the cuts are being made and where the money being saved is actually going. Yes we are being told that it is to pay off the "deficit" but again there is just so much Faith with no real balance sheets available for the public to see.

Accountabilty......... Where is it because Im sorry but I just dont see it???? One of the biggest and most pathetic excuses that comes out from different leaderships is "we are trying to put together the mess that the last ruling party left"........ but the thing is they all fucking say it one after the other!!!!!! Its like......HELLLOOOOOOOOO.

They also make false promises.... over here in the Uk the Con/Dem goverment coalition manifesto promised that they wouldnt re-organise the NHS and do anything to it...... they have now begun dismantling it and privatising it...... they wont even release details of the "risk register" which is a document that details the possible negative outcomes even though they have been forced to do so.

When I tell people this around me they are like "????????"

Which again just goes to show how much faith people put into the very corrupt system that we live under...... people are just so mis-informed that it makes me despair. Its not that I dont think that people care about how things run...... caus people do...... its just that there is a biased media system that doesnt give the whole picture that people can easily understand and follow.

Then we have elections...... this is the one small thing that people actually believe that they have a voice in...... yet again this to me is all just bullshit because there is so much money in politics that the whole system is bought....... you only have to look at who are the major donators to some of these partys and then look over time at what legislation is bought out that just so happens to coincidentally favour them.

I could go on and on and on but I TBH I can feel myself getting slightly angry now so before I go off on one massive rant I will leave it at that.

You're never going to say the things you want to say.
The things you want to change will usually stay that way
The promises you break outweigh the ones you keep.
Paint upon the wall for the hundredth time.

Jesus Jones
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like bemore's post
05-04-2012, 03:51 PM
RE: Why I think politics is just bullshit and pointless.
I do like your comments, the problem you will always have is people can not seem to get it into their heads that there is a better way. You could run a government so smoothly only with minor hiccups if people would drop their bias and little groupie ideas. It generally boils down to greed and selfishness. Yeah people could argue constantly against my comment but nearly every debate comes to "what about me" "I don't want my money paying for this."

Logic, reason, and rational is nonexistent in politics, that alone will keep it in complete disarray.

The American political system is just as corrupt as any corrupt system in the world, it's just that we hide it very well here in the states. People talk about freedom constantly but are quick to stomp on your freedom if it benefits their belief system.

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Clint Barnett's post
05-04-2012, 03:57 PM
(05-04-2012 03:31 PM)bemore Wrote:  This is an atheist forum and obv one big major thing about religion is faith yet the populous put so much faith in goverment to do the right thing. They put this damned fucking faith into them with regards to the cuts they are making across the system..... so much faith that they dont even begin to question why the cuts are being made and where the money being saved is actually going. Yes we are being told that it is to pay off the "deficit" but again there is just so much Faith with no real balance sheets available for the public to see.
You have to have faith (as you call) it in the Government to a degree.

Imagine you are watching a surgeon operate on a patient. Would you tell them you disagree with what they are doing? Even if it seems illogical to you, you would never criticise their methods as they are ones with proper knowledge on the subject. Much as we all like to think we're experts most of us have very little clue about economic, running a country or any facet of politics at all.

That is why I'm all for keeping the voter out of politics as much as possible.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
05-04-2012, 04:28 PM
(05-04-2012 03:51 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  I do like your comments, the problem you will always have is people can not seem to get it into their heads that there is a better way. You could run a government so smoothly only with minor hiccups if people would drop their bias and little groupie ideas. It generally boils down to greed and selfishness. Yeah people could argue constantly against my comment but nearly every debate comes to "what about me" "I don't want my money paying for this."

Logic, reason, and rational is nonexistent in politics, that alone will keep it in complete disarray.

The American political system is just as corrupt as any corrupt system in the world, it's just that we hide it very well here in the states. People talk about freedom constantly but are quick to stomp on your freedom if it benefits their belief system.
Whole heartedly agree
(05-04-2012 03:57 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(05-04-2012 03:31 PM)bemore Wrote:  This is an atheist forum and obv one big major thing about religion is faith yet the populous put so much faith in goverment to do the right thing. They put this damned fucking faith into them with regards to the cuts they are making across the system..... so much faith that they dont even begin to question why the cuts are being made and where the money being saved is actually going. Yes we are being told that it is to pay off the "deficit" but again there is just so much Faith with no real balance sheets available for the public to see.
You have to have faith (as you call) it in the Government to a degree.

Imagine you are watching a surgeon operate on a patient. Would you tell them you disagree with what they are doing? Even if it seems illogical to you, you would never criticise their methods as they are ones with proper knowledge on the subject. Much as we all like to think we're experts most of us have very little clue about economic, running a country or any facet of politics at all.

That is why I'm all for keeping the voter out of politics as much as possible.
Then can I ask you what is the point in voting???

I understand where you are coming from with your example of the surgeon...... in that situation decisions have to be made quickly and precisly..... however with regards to politics and how the system is run we can afford much more time.

Its like these cuts that are affecting us in the UK.... they have only just begun and there planned on rolling out fully over the next four years. These people who run the country have now privatised the NHS..... which to me basicly means that priority number 1 is money and priority number 2 is your health.

You have a terminal illness but you are expected to live longer than 6 months..... no disability benefits for you even though your dying.

Been unemployed longer than 6 months for a variety of many reasons wether its you just deciding not to work or wether its because you cant find a certain job that suits your skills/passions in life...... then you get put onto workfare where you will more than likely have to work for FREE for some massive multi-billion pound corporation???

The most vunerablest of society getting stamped upon even though massive corporations like vodafone.... amazon.... and many many more all have massive multi-billion pound turnovers and pay tiny if not nothing in corporate tax????

I agree dude that there are people in charge who know a lot more than what me and you know...... but is that any reason for them not to try and explain these things in laymans terms to the populous and actually give us choices on where we wish to go....on how we all need to do things......... not just for our sake but for the sake of the next generation.

THAT is democracy........ you putting faith into them to do the right thing may as well be called a dictatorship in my eyes.

Jesus Jones
05-04-2012, 04:48 PM
(05-04-2012 04:28 PM)bemore Wrote:  Then can I ask you what is the point in voting???

I understand where you are coming from with your example of the surgeon...... in that situation decisions have to be made quickly and precisly..... however with regards to politics and how the system is run we can afford much more time.

Its like these cuts that are affecting us in the UK.... they have only just begun and there planned on rolling out fully over the next four years. These people who run the country have now privatised the NHS..... which to me basicly means that priority number 1 is money and priority number 2 is your health.

You have a terminal illness but you are expected to live longer than 6 months..... no disability benefits for you even though your dying.

Been unemployed longer than 6 months for a variety of many reasons wether its you just deciding not to work or wether its because you cant find a certain job that suits your skills/passions in life...... then you get put onto workfare where you will more than likely have to work for FREE for some massive multi-billion pound corporation???

The most vunerablest of society getting stamped upon even though massive corporations like vodafone.... amazon.... and many many more all have massive multi-billion pound turnovers and pay tiny if not nothing in corporate tax????

I agree dude that there are people in charge who know a lot more than what me and you know...... but is that any reason for them not to try and explain these things in laymans terms to the populous and actually give us choices on where we wish to go....on how we all need to do things......... not just for our sake but for the sake of the next generation.

THAT is democracy........ you putting faith into them to do the right thing may as well be called a dictatorship in my eyes.
The point of voting is that in my humble opinion the Conservatives will do a better job with the country than Labour.

I also don't have such a problem with the work scheme. I think that it would be better if people had to work for charities but the answer to that is that if someone is placed working for a big company then they are more likely to be offered a job, which is a decent point. The whole principle of making people work to get money though isn't something I'm gonna condemn.

I'd rather have a dictatorship than democracy if there was a reliable way of making sure the dictator wasn't corrupt.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
05-04-2012, 04:51 PM
American politics are ridiculous because it is not about getting the job done. It is about how many votes each party gets.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
05-04-2012, 06:41 PM
(05-04-2012 04:51 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  American politics are ridiculous because it is not about getting the job done. It is about how many votes each party gets.
Competition is completely destroying our society. We have devolved to the point that its basically every man for himself here in the US.
[+] 2 users Like Antirepublican's post
06-04-2012, 04:06 AM
(05-04-2012 06:41 PM)Antirepublican Wrote:  
(05-04-2012 04:51 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  American politics are ridiculous because it is not about getting the job done. It is about how many votes each party gets.
Competition is completely destroying our society. We have devolved to the point that its basically every man for himself here in the US.
Competition is good. Over-competitiveness is something you need to watch out for. Oh, and if you want the presidency, you are not qualified for it.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
06-04-2012, 04:07 AM
(05-04-2012 04:48 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  The point of voting is that in my humble opinion the Conservatives will do a better job with the country than Labour.

I also don't have such a problem with the work scheme. I think that it would be better if people had to work for charities but the answer to that is that if someone is placed working for a big company then they are more likely to be offered a job, which is a decent point. The whole principle of making people work to get money though isn't something I'm gonna condemn.

I'd rather have a dictatorship than democracy if there was a reliable way of making sure the dictator wasn't corrupt.

The point of voting is that in my humble opinion the Conservatives will do a better job with the country than Labour.

Would you care to elaborate on exactly where the Labour party went wrong and what it is exactly you think the coalition will do better???

I also don't have such a problem with the work scheme. I think that it
would be better if people had to work for charities but the answer to
that is that if someone is placed working for a big company then they
are more likely to be offered a job, which is a decent point. The whole
principle of making people work to get money though isn't something I'm
gonna condemn.

With respect why would these big companies need to employ people when the gov are paying them up to £2000 per worker and after the 6 months they can simply get rid of them and take on another person seeing as there is 2.5 million people currently unemployed in the UK???

Is it yourself that works in a supermarket??? You never worked for them for free for 6 months did you??? You got paid and you would of had a training period within that which I imagine would of took something more like 6 weeks maximum.

I have no problem with making people work for there money....... as long as they get at LEAST the minimum wage per hour for what they do..... anything other than that is slavery.

Well thats your choice....... if you wish to be told what to do all the time rather than asked then fair play..... I however would at least like to feel that I am free in some way...... that I actually took an active role in shaping this damn fucking shithole of a country into something better that I can leave to any children I have in the future...... instead of EVERYTHING just being about damn fucking money.

Jesus Jones
06-04-2012, 04:13 AM

[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  US Politics Quiz DLJ 36 444 13-07-2014 10:50 PM
Last Post: Nurse
  Steven Seagal goes into politics? Luminon 0 43 30-06-2014 01:36 AM
Last Post: Luminon
  New Zealand politics, who's pumped for this years election? earmuffs 69 640 26-06-2014 12:10 AM
Last Post: earmuffs
  All Politics are Primal GirlyMan 8 152 06-04-2014 01:06 PM
Last Post: Full Circle
  When will the GOP stop mixing politics in religion Aleprauchanist 15 234 31-03-2014 10:44 AM
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Is Politics Really That Bad? southernbelle 39 714 27-01-2014 10:53 PM
Last Post: Im_Ryan
Rainbow Canadian Politics JesusChrist 13 335 20-01-2014 07:55 AM
Last Post: Shoebutton