Why I think politics is just bullshit and pointless.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2012, 04:21 AM
RE: Why I think politics is just bullshit and pointless.
If that video was a pie, it would be a good pie.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2012, 04:38 AM
(06-04-2012 04:21 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  If that video was a pie, it would be a good pie.
American pie????

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
06-04-2012, 04:46 AM
(06-04-2012 04:38 AM)bemore Wrote:  
(06-04-2012 04:21 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  If that video was a pie, it would be a good pie.
American pie????
Huck yeeeeeaaaaah! ;D

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
06-04-2012, 07:50 AM
bemore Wrote:Would you care to elaborate on exactly where the Labour party went wrong and what it is exactly you think the coalition will do better???

Well my entire family votes Labour and hates the Tories and a few years ago I asked my Dad exactly what is so bad about the Tories and the best he could come up with was 'they got rid of the top tax threshold of 83%'. That was when I began to consider the idea that the Tories weren't so bad.

I also agree with the cuts. If I was in debt I would spend less in order to pay my debts off, I don't see why the country is any different.

I also could not vote for any party that is 80% funded by the unions. I HATE trade unions.

bemore Wrote:With respect why would these big companies need to employ people when the gov are paying them up to £2000 per worker and after the 6 months they can simply get rid of them and take on another person seeing as there is 2.5 million people currently unemployed in the UK???

Is it yourself that works in a supermarket??? You never worked for them for free for 6 months did you??? You got paid and you would of had a training period within that which I imagine would of took something more like 6 weeks maximum.

I have no problem with making people work for there money....... as long as they get at LEAST the minimum wage per hour for what they do..... anything other than that is slavery.

As far as the Co-op (or Somerfields as it was) goes you are quite right. But as for my job in the school. I did that voluntarily for about a year, then when someone left I was the automatic choice to replace them.

Besides, I don't see this scheme as working for free. They are working to earn their benefit money, nothing wrong with that.

bemore Wrote:Well thats your choice....... if you wish to be told what to do all the time rather than asked then fair play..... I however would at least like to feel that I am free in some way...... that I actually took an active role in shaping this damn fucking shithole of a country into something better that I can leave to any children I have in the future...... instead of EVERYTHING just being about damn fucking money.

It's not so much that I don't want a say, even though I recognise that I am totally under-qualified to make any decisions on the running of the country. It's that I see everyone else's opinions, on TV, in the street, in the papers and I see their total lack of understanding, their inability to link things together, their total naivety and I realise that I would definitely give up my right have a say if it deprives them of theirs. It's a necessary sacrifice.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
06-04-2012, 09:48 AM
I did start to write a massive reply to you Hugshie but halfway through I re-read what I had wrote and then I changed my mind..... when I am in a better mood tommorow I will reply to you but for now I dont want to offend you in anyway caus I think your a good lad.

Your entitled to your beliefs and Im gratefull for your input. Thumbsup

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
06-04-2012, 11:30 AM
(06-04-2012 09:48 AM)bemore Wrote:  I did start to write a massive reply to you Hugshie but halfway through I re-read what I had wrote and then I changed my mind..... when I am in a better mood tommorow I will reply to you but for now I dont want to offend you in anyway caus I think your a good lad.

Your entitled to your beliefs and Im gratefull for your input. Thumbsup
That is the best thing to do when you see Hughsie.
Just read is bolded signature, facepalm, and walk away.
06-04-2012, 11:32 AM
(06-04-2012 11:30 AM)Antirepublican Wrote:  That is the best thing to do when you see Hughsie.
Yeah I agree. If you're the sort of person who's decided on set beliefs and never wants to explore any opposite opinions I wouldn't recommend talking to me either.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
06-04-2012, 11:37 AM
I tend to agree with the OP, leaning more to the anarchist view myself. I would prefer a syndicalism, just enough government to look after the welfare of the masses. Let the trade unions run it.

"Praise Sweet Baby Jesus!" - RevJ. Cool

My Sites: www.jesuschristarcade.com - www.facebook.com/jesuschristarcade - Twitter@jesusarcade
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-04-2012, 11:37 AM
(06-04-2012 11:32 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(06-04-2012 11:30 AM)Antirepublican Wrote:  That is the best thing to do when you see Hughsie.
Yeah I agree. If you're the sort of person who's decided on set beliefs and never wants to explore any opposite opinions I wouldn't recommend talking to me either.
Says the guy who believes that you should apparently just leave everything in the hands of the political geniuses. What are political geniuses btw? Besides, if one's opinion doesn't matter in the slightest, then there is no point in having a discussion.
06-04-2012, 11:52 AM
(06-04-2012 11:37 AM)Antirepublican Wrote:  Says the guy who believes that you should apparently just leave everything in the hands of the political geniuses. What are political geniuses btw? Besides, if one's opinion doesn't matter in the slightest, then there is no point in having a discussion.
I generally like leaving important things to people who understand them as much as possible. Clearly you think that all those people who've studied politics and spent their careers in politics have no knowledge on the topic compared to but I'm inclined to disagree. Beyond vague ideas and principles on the odd topic we have very little to contribute. So why would you want us to be making the final judgements on stuff?

Besides, a lot of the total bullshit that comes from Government is the result of public interference, and it could be avoided if that interference was removed.

Take smoking for example. I dread to think how much the UK Government wastes in time and money on smoking regulations and there is no reason to any of it. The only reason they waste millions of pounds is because if they don't appear tough on smoking they face losing the next election and if they don't appear to be protecting people's freedom of choice they risk losing the next election. They have to waste millions of pounds and thousands of man hours being on both sides and churning out a pointless piece of legislation every now and then just to keep the idiots happy. If they didn't bother with all that they'd lose the next election to someone who did.

Take drugs. It's pretty clear that legalising soft drugs would be of huge benefit to the country. Drug dealers put out of business, a huge tax windfall, money saved on policing, tourism, the list goes on. Why doesn't it happen? Because the Government would lose the next election simply because people who know nothing about the topic fall for a simple buzz-phrase (soft on drugs). All those benefits thrown away because people who have no clue on the subject get a say on it.

If you really thing such a circus is beneficial then great but don't try and tell me what I should think. I haven't told you what you should think and I expect the same courtesy in return.

Best
Worst