Why I think the doctrine of Hell is problematic for Christianity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2015, 10:25 PM
RE: Why I think the doctrine of Hell is problematic for Christianity
(23-12-2015 03:40 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(22-12-2015 03:18 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Tomasia, do you ever find it odd that no one here ever seems to agree with your bullshit? If you don't, you should. Why? Because it is a good indicator for how full of shit you are.

Why would it be odd? It's no more odd then it would be for you to find hardly anyone agreeing with your worldview on a theist forum.

But we aren't on a theist forum, are we. Drinking Beverage

Why are you here? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
23-12-2015, 10:47 PM
(22-12-2015 03:18 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Tomasia, do you ever find it odd that no one here ever seems to agree with your bullshit? If you don't, you should. Why? Because it is a good indicator for how full of shit you are.

Why would it be odd? It's no more odd then it would be for you to find hardly anyone agreeing with your worldview on a theist forum.

But we don't waste our time in such settings. You, on the other hand, seem to need to. There is a vast difference in those positions.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
24-12-2015, 07:42 AM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2015 07:55 AM by Tomasia.)
(23-12-2015 10:47 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  But we don't waste our time in such settings. You, on the other hand, seem to need to. There is a vast difference in those positions.

You might not but plenty of atheists do. You'll find a handful of atheists in pretty much every christian forum, or group on the internet. Do I need to be here? Of course I do, I need to feel I've done everything in my power to save your soul, to add a few notches to my salvation badge.

But no I don't need to be here, but I like to pop in from time to time, because I like the personalities, and life stories, getting a window into lives quite alien to my own. I also like the fact that on the internet, and in places like this, everyone thinks they have you figured out, molded into the characters of their own life. There's a box right there, and I'm always in it. I never been treated like that in real life, where folks are genuinely confused, and see me as some sort of eccentric enigma, but here I'm just a run-of-the-mill theist, and that's kind of refreshing, and fun.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
24-12-2015, 07:54 AM
(24-12-2015 07:42 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  but here I'm just a run-of-the-mill theists, and that's kind of refreshing, and fun.

Fun for you, maybe. Weeping
I guarantee that no one see you as plural. Facepalm

Dodgy

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
24-12-2015, 07:54 AM
(23-12-2015 02:46 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  "Can you provide an example of a religious doctrine your understand, that I don't?"

First you must explain what your mean...I'm a little confused.

I don't know, it seems that the accusation being leveled is that I can't understand the arguments, or criticisms, of religious beliefs and doctrines, but I think this accusation has little merit, because I can't think of what it is here that I'm not able to understand about the opposing viewpoints.

It seems the tendency here is to equate the fact that I don't believe as you do, that this amounts to not being able to understand what you believe. You can understand a competing argument, an opposing view, without agreeing with it. I think the question here is interesting, but perhaps not as interesting for others as it is for me.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
24-12-2015, 07:55 AM
(24-12-2015 07:54 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(24-12-2015 07:42 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  but here I'm just a run-of-the-mill theists, and that's kind of refreshing, and fun.

Fun for you, maybe. Weeping
I guarantee that no one see you as plural. Facepalm

Dodgy

Sorry. *theist.

24-12-2015, 09:51 AM
(24-12-2015 07:42 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(23-12-2015 10:47 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  But we don't waste our time in such settings. You, on the other hand, seem to need to. There is a vast difference in those positions.

You might not but plenty of atheists do. You'll find a handful of atheists in pretty much every christian forum, or group on the internet. Do I need to be here? Of course I do, I need to feel I've done everything in my power to save your soul, to add a few notches to my salvation badge.

But no I don't need to be here, but I like to pop in from time to time, because I like the personalities, and life stories, getting a window into lives quite alien to my own. I also like the fact that on the internet, and in places like this, everyone thinks they have you figured out, molded into the characters of their own life. There's a box right there, and I'm always in it. I never been treated like that in real life, where folks are genuinely confused, and see me as some sort of eccentric enigma, but here I'm just a run-of-the-mill theist, and that's kind of refreshing, and fun.

I hope your god was paying attention when you boasted up there about being able to save souls.

You're in that box because you aren't here just to meet or understand people. You're here to push your agenda and feel superior to atheists while doing it, so you get exactly the reception that you deserve.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
24-12-2015, 10:09 AM
(24-12-2015 07:42 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  

Some people like to be abused we have all heard. Seems like we have found one. Maybe you should go play in traffic. You might get hurt there too
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
24-12-2015, 03:04 PM
Why I think the doctrine of Hell is problematic for Christianity

Because even if I were on a theist forum, I'd assign significance to whether or not people gave a shit about anything I said. I anticipate they won't, so I don't go there. But you come here expecting people to care about the drivel that spews forth from your keyboard like a constipated overweight glutton who just took a laxative.

Why are you here? Why do you think people give a shit about what you say?

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
24-12-2015, 03:16 PM
(24-12-2015 07:54 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(23-12-2015 02:46 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  "Can you provide an example of a religious doctrine your understand, that I don't?"

First you must explain what your mean...I'm a little confused.

I don't know, it seems that the accusation being leveled is that I can't understand the arguments, or criticisms, of religious beliefs and doctrines, but I think this accusation has little merit, because I can't think of what it is here that I'm not able to understand about the opposing viewpoints.

It seems the tendency here is to equate the fact that I don't believe as you do, that this amounts to not being able to understand what you believe. You can understand a competing argument, an opposing view, without agreeing with it. I think the question here is interesting, but perhaps not as interesting for others as it is for me.

Facepalm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post