Why I think the doctrine of Hell is problematic for Christianity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2015, 01:30 PM
RE: Why I think the doctrine of Hell is problematic for Christianity
(22-12-2015 01:29 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(22-12-2015 01:26 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  What the fuck are you talking about? I have pointed out your inability to comprehend or critically evaluate any argument against your religious dogma.

Please, point out one argument against my religious dogma that you believe I can't comprehend.

Jesus is a myth

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
22-12-2015, 01:31 PM
(22-12-2015 01:29 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(22-12-2015 01:26 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  What the fuck are you talking about? I have pointed out your inability to comprehend or critically evaluate any argument against your religious dogma.

Please, point out one argument against my religious dogma that you believe I can't comprehend.

Morality isn't objective

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
22-12-2015, 01:32 PM
Laughat It is almost too easy to point out your stupidity and religious bias.

-Rick
22-12-2015, 02:01 PM
(22-12-2015 01:30 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(22-12-2015 01:29 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Please, point out one argument against my religious dogma that you believe I can't comprehend.

Jesus is a myth

Let's see your argument that Jesus is a myth, amounts to there is no credible evidence of a historical Jesus, that the NT writings cannot be used as evidence in support of a historical Jesus. Since there is no credible evidence of historicity, the default position is that it's a myth.

That's rough summary. But feel free to correct it.

Quote:Morality isn't objective

The argument goes, there is no objective basis for morality. All morality is dependent on cultural, environmental, and social influences that shape whats seen as right and wrong. There is no objectively moral right or wrong, it's all subjective.

Another rough summary. But feel free to expand on the arguments here, to gauge whether or not I can understand (which doesn't mean the same as to agree with) the arguments.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
22-12-2015, 02:28 PM
(22-12-2015 02:01 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(22-12-2015 01:30 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Jesus is a myth

Let's see your argument that Jesus is a myth, amounts to there is no credible evidence of a historical Jesus, that the NT writings cannot be used as evidence in support of a historical Jesus. Since there is no credible evidence of historicity, the default position is that it's a myth.

That's rough summary. But feel free to correct it.

Quote:Morality isn't objective

The argument goes, there is no objective basis for morality. All morality is dependent on cultural, environmental, and social influences that shape whats seen as right and wrong. There is no objectively moral right or wrong, it's all subjective.

Another rough summary. But feel free to expand on the arguments here, to gauge whether or not I can understand (which doesn't mean the same as to agree with) the arguments.

"That's rough summary. But feel free to correct it."

See, this is what I am talking about. How many conversations have you engaged in on that topic and still don't get that the argument for Jesus being a myth is because of the burden of proof on the religious? You couldn't be a better poster-child for a being with a limited capacity of comprehension.

"Another rough summary. But feel free to expand on the arguments here, to gauge whether or not I can understand (which doesn't mean the same as to agree with) the arguments."

I am not going to expand on why your rough summaries are wrong. Why? Because there are literally thousands of words that have been written about this directly to you across various threads and YOU STILL DON'T GET IT. Which highlights my point.

-Rick
22-12-2015, 02:33 PM
(22-12-2015 02:28 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  See, this is what I am talking about. How many conversations have you engaged in on that topic and still don't get that the argument for Jesus being a myth is because of the burden of proof on the religious? You couldn't be a better poster-child for a being with a limited capacity of comprehension.

And my summary reiterated the point, of an often repeated argument by you that the default position is that Jesus is a myth, unless proven otherwise. And we'll add to it, that the burden of proof is on those advocating that Jesus existed.

Quote:I am not going to expand on why your rough summaries are wrong. Why? Because there are literally thousands of words that have been written about this directly to you across various threads and YOU STILL DON'T GET IT. Which highlights my point.

So what part of the argument is it again that I don't get?

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
22-12-2015, 02:36 PM
(22-12-2015 02:33 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(22-12-2015 02:28 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  See, this is what I am talking about. How many conversations have you engaged in on that topic and still don't get that the argument for Jesus being a myth is because of the burden of proof on the religious? You couldn't be a better poster-child for a being with a limited capacity of comprehension.

And my summary reiterated the point, of an often repeated argument by you that the default position is that Jesus is a myth, unless proven otherwise. And we'll add to it, that the burden of proof is on those advocating that Jesus existed.

Quote:I am not going to expand on why your rough summaries are wrong. Why? Because there are literally thousands of words that have been written about this directly to you across various threads and YOU STILL DON'T GET IT. Which highlights my point.

So what part of the argument is it again that I don't get?

"And my summary reiterated the point, of an often repeated argument by you that the default position is that Jesus is a myth, unless proven otherwise. And we'll add to it, that the burden of proof is on those advocating that Jesus existed. "

No, your summaries are straw men.

"So what part of the argument is it again that I don't get?"

All of it. You've demonstrated as much in every conversation you have engaged in where you preach your religious morality. There are multiple threads where you can go and read your own stupidity and inability to comprehend.

-Rick
22-12-2015, 02:37 PM
This entire conversations is a great example of your issue. You have no ability to recognize your own ignorance or bias. Instead, you double-down on your beliefs. Primarily your belief that atheists are wrong with respect to any argument they make with regards to religious myths.

-Rick
22-12-2015, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2015 02:46 PM by Tomasia.)
(22-12-2015 02:36 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  No, your summaries are straw men.

SO it's a strawmen that Jesus is a myth, is a default position? It's a strawman that the burden of proof is on those advocating that Jesus existed?

Quote:All of it. You've demonstrated as much in every conversation you have engaged in where you preach your religious morality. There are multiple threads where you can go and read your own stupidity and inability to comprehend.

You seem to want to equate disagreeing, or even treating your arguments as stupid, as amounting to not comprehending them. Nearly every single one of your arguments is simplistic, that it doesn't require much to comprehend them. You can't even point out any specific part of your arguments that I fail to comprehend.

What's so hard about understanding the view that morality is subjective? Or even the arguments among those who believe Jesus is a myth? Nothing really.

22-12-2015, 02:41 PM
I alone have made multiple threads to deal directly with stupid things you have said/claimed.

Burden of Proof

Awareness

Faith bias

Misunderstanding vs intentionally not understanding

Intentionality

Intent vs event

-Rick