Why I think the doctrine of Hell is problematic for Christianity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2015, 02:43 PM
RE: Why I think the doctrine of Hell is problematic for Christianity
(22-12-2015 02:36 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(22-12-2015 02:33 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  And my summary reiterated the point, of an often repeated argument by you that the default position is that Jesus is a myth, unless proven otherwise. And we'll add to it, that the burden of proof is on those advocating that Jesus existed.

So what part of the argument is it again that I don't get?

"And my summary reiterated the point, of an often repeated argument by you that the default position is that Jesus is a myth, unless proven otherwise. And we'll add to it, that the burden of proof is on those advocating that Jesus existed. "

No, your summaries are straw men.

SO it's a strawmen that Jesus is a myth, is a default position? It's a strawman that the burden of proof is on those advocating that Jesus existed?

Quote:All of it. You've demonstrated as much in every conversation you have engaged in where you preach your religious morality. There are multiple threads where you can go and read your own stupidity and inability to comprehend.

You seem to want to equate disagreeing, or even treating your arguments as stupid, amounts to not comprehending them. Nearly every single one of your arguments, are simplistic, that it doesn't require much to comprehend them. You can't even point out any specific part of your arguments that I fail to comprehend.

What's so hard about understanding the view that morality is subjective? Or even the arguments among those who believe Jesus is a myth? Nothing really.

"What's so hard about understanding the view that morality is subjective? Or even the arguments among those who believe Jesus is a myth? Nothing really."

A lot apparently Laughat

You either fail to understand (you are really that stupid) or you're a dishonest theist.

I think it is a lot of both. You're clearly not as intelligent as you like to think you are. Nor are you as persuasive as you think you are. Nor are you honest about your intent or honest in the discussions you engage in.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2015, 02:45 PM
(22-12-2015 02:33 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(22-12-2015 02:28 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  See, this is what I am talking about. How many conversations have you engaged in on that topic and still don't get that the argument for Jesus being a myth is because of the burden of proof on the religious? You couldn't be a better poster-child for a being with a limited capacity of comprehension.

And my summary reiterated the point, of an often repeated argument by you that the default position is that Jesus is a myth, unless proven otherwise. And we'll add to it, that the burden of proof is on those advocating that Jesus existed.

Quote:I am not going to expand on why your rough summaries are wrong. Why? Because there are literally thousands of words that have been written about this directly to you across various threads and YOU STILL DON'T GET IT. Which highlights my point.

In fact, you never once critically evaluated even one of Carrier's or Price's points during the entire discussion. You *claimed* you had done so somewhere else, but never posted them here.

You don't get the argument.

When are you going to tell us what the purpose of your coming to TTA is ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
22-12-2015, 02:48 PM
(22-12-2015 02:45 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(22-12-2015 02:33 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  And my summary reiterated the point, of an often repeated argument by you that the default position is that Jesus is a myth, unless proven otherwise. And we'll add to it, that the burden of proof is on those advocating that Jesus existed.

In fact, you never once critically evaluated even one of Carrier's or Price's points during the entire discussion. You *claimed* you had done so somewhere else, but never posted them here.

When are you going to tell us what the purpose of your coming to TTA is ?

Telling the truth would require honesty and enough insight to do so. He lacks the ability to do both it would seem. Maybe he should pray for us to stop calling him out on his bullshit? It might work! Laugh out load

-Rick
22-12-2015, 02:49 PM
(22-12-2015 02:45 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  In fact, you never once critically evaluated even one of Carrier's or Price's points during the entire discussion. You *claimed* you had done so somewhere else, but never posted them here.

Can you point out any single part of their argument that you believe I don't get?

Quote:When are you going to tell us what the purpose of your coming to TTA is ?

To fuck with you, why else would I be here?

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
22-12-2015, 02:51 PM
(22-12-2015 02:49 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(22-12-2015 02:45 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  In fact, you never once critically evaluated even one of Carrier's or Price's points during the entire discussion. You *claimed* you had done so somewhere else, but never posted them here.

Can you point out any single part of their argument that you believe I don't get?

Quote:When are you going to tell us what the purpose of your coming to TTA is ?

To fuck with you, why else would I be here?

"Can you point out any single part of their argument that you believe I don't get? "

That has been done many times by multiple people in those threads. You need to read. (can you read? Consider Or do you simply assume anything written contra to your beliefs must be wrong? Who am I kidding, of course you consider all opinions contra to your own to be wrong, you're a theist!)

"To fuck with you, why else would I be here?"

Because you're a dishonest fucking twit

-Rick
22-12-2015, 02:54 PM
(22-12-2015 02:43 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  "What's so hard about understanding the view that morality is subjective? Or even the arguments among those who believe Jesus is a myth? Nothing really."

A lot apparently Laughat

You either fail to understand (you are really that stupid) or you're a dishonest theist.

There's nothing hard about understanding the arguments here, in regards to historicity, or even subjective morality. These arguments are not particularly complicated, at least not the ones often expressed here.

I think your problem is your erroneously equate comprehension with acceptance of their validity.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
22-12-2015, 02:58 PM
(22-12-2015 02:54 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(22-12-2015 02:43 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  "What's so hard about understanding the view that morality is subjective? Or even the arguments among those who believe Jesus is a myth? Nothing really."

A lot apparently Laughat

There's nothing hard about understanding the arguments here, in regards to historicity, or even subjective morality. These arguments are not particularly complicated, at least not the ones often expressed here.

I think your problem is your erroneously equate comprehension with acceptance of their validity.

Nope, your straw men versions of what you think you are being told indicate that you don't understand. Which makes it no surprise that you don't accept what you don't understand.

That too has been pointed out to you, but you don't get that either.

-Rick
22-12-2015, 02:59 PM
(22-12-2015 02:58 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Nope, your straw men versions of what you think you are being told indicate that you don't understand. Which makes it no surprise that you don't accept what you don't understand.

Okay, then give me a short form version of your arguments here?

22-12-2015, 02:59 PM
(22-12-2015 02:54 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  

A lot apparently Laughat

And you also fail to understand when you present invalid and erroneous bullshit.

-Rick
22-12-2015, 03:00 PM
(22-12-2015 02:59 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(22-12-2015 02:58 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Nope, your straw men versions of what you think you are being told indicate that you don't understand. Which makes it no surprise that you don't accept what you don't understand.

Okay, then give me a short form version of your arguments here?

You're a dishonest twit who has the intellectual capacity of a flatworm.

I thought I was clear about that. Which makes it unsurprising that you don't get it.

-Rick