Why I think the doctrine of Hell is problematic for Christianity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2015, 03:02 PM
RE: Why I think the doctrine of Hell is problematic for Christianity
(22-12-2015 03:00 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(22-12-2015 02:59 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Okay, then give me a short form version of your arguments here?

You're a dishonest twit who has the intellectual capacity of a flatworm.

I thought I was clear about that. Which makes it unsurprising that you don't get it.

You were clear about what the arguments here are?

You didn't offer any arguments here for Jesus being a myth, or morality being subjective, you just made the claim.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2015, 03:05 PM
(22-12-2015 03:02 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(22-12-2015 03:00 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You're a dishonest twit who has the intellectual capacity of a flatworm.

I thought I was clear about that. Which makes it unsurprising that you don't get it.

You were clear about what the arguments here are?

You didn't offer any arguments here for Jesus being a myth, or morality being subjective, you just made the claim.

"You didn't offer any arguments here for Jesus being a myth, or morality being subjective, you just made the claim."

Holy fuck, you don't even understand what I am saying in this thread about your inability to understand anything being said to you in other threads.

The depths of your stupid continue to surprise me. Laugh out load

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
22-12-2015, 03:05 PM
If you "get it", yet still choose to believe it, well that points to a multitude of character flaws.

Willful ignorance is ultimately unforgivable. You know better but still propagate lies. Why?
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
22-12-2015, 03:07 PM
(22-12-2015 03:05 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  If you "get it", yet still choose to believe it, well that points to a multitude of character flaws.

Willful ignorance is ultimately unforgivable. You know better but still propagate lies. Why?

Who would Jesus lie to?

-Rick
22-12-2015, 03:11 PM
(22-12-2015 03:07 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(22-12-2015 03:05 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  If you "get it", yet still choose to believe it, well that points to a multitude of character flaws.

Who would Jesus lie to?

Nobody. He's not real. At least not the supernatural 'God but not really cause he's the Son kinda' guy.
22-12-2015, 03:13 PM
(22-12-2015 03:11 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  
(22-12-2015 03:07 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Who would Jesus lie to?

Nobody. He's not real. At least not the supernatural 'God but not really cause he's the Son kinda' guy.

The alternative probably wasn't real either.

Tomasia is like that Pachimous guy. What they consider "evidence" is only what they consider in support of their religious myth.

-Rick
22-12-2015, 03:18 PM
Tomasia, do you ever find it odd that no one here ever seems to agree with your bullshit? If you don't, you should. Why? Because it is a good indicator for how full of shit you are.

-Rick
22-12-2015, 03:18 PM
(22-12-2015 03:13 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(22-12-2015 03:11 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Nobody. He's not real. At least not the supernatural 'God but not really cause he's the Son kinda' guy.

The alternative probably wasn't real either.

Tomasia is like that Pachimous guy. What they consider "evidence" is only what they consider in support of their religious myth.

The other guy existing is irrelevant to me. I could go to the state loony bin and 5 more just like that 2000 year old poser.
22-12-2015, 03:20 PM
(22-12-2015 03:18 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  
(22-12-2015 03:13 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  The alternative probably wasn't real either.

The other guy existing is irrelevant to me. I could go to the state loony bin and 5 more just like that 2000 year old poser.

Not to Tomasia. A loony existing is good enough for him to believe him!

-Rick
22-12-2015, 04:54 PM
(22-12-2015 11:52 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(22-12-2015 11:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  No. You are not rational on the subject of religion, therefore not rational on the subject of the nature of reality.

If there was courses on religion, and test that gauged our understanding of the material, and we scored equally well, would that falsify your conclusion that I'm not rational on the subject?

No. Theology is an information-free subject. It consists of imaginings and incoherent arguments.

Knowing about religions does not make one religious; quite the opposite, in fact.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post