Why Is Being Successful A Crime?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-10-2012, 12:08 PM
RE: Why Is Being Successful A Crime?
(16-10-2012 11:32 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(15-10-2012 05:34 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Why do people seem to hate 'rich people', especially politicians?

Throwing those two in one category seems weird.

Ok, maybe a lot of politicians happen to be rich, but most rich people certanly aren't politicians.

Rich people are like any other people you may want to throw into one category - there are ones I like and ones I don't.

Politicians -I don't basically like them since they don't usually tell the truth about anything but they say whatever they think most people want to hear. That makes politics and elections quite pointless, it's simply the one whose lies you like better who gets your vote.

That's a whole different thing from rich people, they don't need your vote. They need a product or service most people will prefer over their competition.

I thought he meant politicians especially seem to hate rich people.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-10-2012, 12:59 PM
(16-10-2012 12:08 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(16-10-2012 11:32 AM)Dom Wrote:  Throwing those two in one category seems weird.

Ok, maybe a lot of politicians happen to be rich, but most rich people certanly aren't politicians.

Rich people are like any other people you may want to throw into one category - there are ones I like and ones I don't.

Politicians -I don't basically like them since they don't usually tell the truth about anything but they say whatever they think most people want to hear. That makes politics and elections quite pointless, it's simply the one whose lies you like better who gets your vote.

That's a whole different thing from rich people, they don't need your vote. They need a product or service most people will prefer over their competition.

I thought he meant politicians especially seem to hate rich people.

Politicians are rich people dude.
I believe I saw somewhere that the average net worth of people in congress was like 6 million, and the average new worth of people in the senate was 11 million.
16-10-2012, 02:59 PM
(16-10-2012 11:36 AM)Diablo Wrote:  I think I see the problem. I said republican party, and you went on defense mode. Ok, replace that with aristocrats.
I hope that removed the sand from your vagina!

Whoa, slow your roll there bub. I didn't mean to piss in your Wheaties man. I'm just being my usual flippant self I guess. You just seemed to go off in a tangent. I apologize for asking if you were a troll -I've been had before Rolleyes

There are many ways to get rich right? I find your point absurd to suggest that hard work has little or nothing to do with it.

I was thinking this thread was basically a question of why the politics of class warfare gains so much traction among the media? I suppose it's natural to look at those who have much and assert more criticism towards them because of it. I think you made a great example of why our preconceived notions play into our biases of how greener we think the grass really is on the other side of the fence.

Ɨ͚͙͢͟͠Ŧ̯͔̳̺̬̣̻ͅ ͖̬̰͖̺Ŧ̭̻̲̳̝̦̗Ⱥ̹̩͚͘͠͡Ꝁ̷͖̲͓̖͍̺̻Ɇ̧͈̟̞S̨̢̟̥̮­͇͈͓͉͉̣ ̶̵̪̜̪̰͕̙̱̜Ⱥ̧̝͉̕Ł̰̤̲͠Ø̨̡̯͍͙̩̭̦̦͔͔͟Ŧ̵̠̣̬̝ͅ­̬͓͚ ̮͍͙Ŧ̷͍͖̳̺͕̲̬͚͜ͅØ̷̷̳̗̠̻ ̻̪M͉̠͟Ⱥ͏̫̳̣Ꝁ̶̷̜̪͈̪Ɇ̧̦̳̻̘͙̗͉̠ ̨̯͉͙͚̫͓̜̗̗͝͝Ⱥ̡͎̳̤͚ ̴̰̥̩͎̜̣̗̕ͅS̢͈Ŧ͕͉͓͚͔Ɇ͕̙͉̫͓͉͈̖͞ͅW҉̗̖̟̳́ ̢͕̲̰͔́͞
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-10-2012, 04:52 PM
I hate the filthy rich, because of how they got and stay that way. The owner of Walmart. More than likely a billionaire and pays the majority of employees minimum wage. If he would settle for making a few less billions or hundreds of millions, he could pay more. Same goes for the majority of huge businesses. They expect the world from their employees without raises or decent benefits. It is their over all greed that I hate. They also make it impossible to compete with them. I have worked as security for about 12 years now. I know everything that I could possibly need to know to run a business providing security. In order to do so though, I would have to work as management for at least 20 years and a few other impossible requirements to be able to own my own business doing exactly what I do now. Same goes for every industry. You can know how to do almost anything, but can't just open a business doing it without getting degrees or having millions of dollars to just jump into it without knowing anything. It is very easy for them to hang onto their billions, but very hard to obtain it. It is all because they corrupted the system and taken away the american dream.
16-10-2012, 05:35 PM
(16-10-2012 04:52 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  You can know how to do almost anything, but can't just open a business doing it without getting degrees or having millions of dollars to just jump into it without knowing anything.

You could certainly start out small. Could you be a private detective?

If I remember right, Wally World started out small. It grew because they sold stuff at lower profit margins and paid their employees more than what k-mart did. Uh, the folks I know who work for walmart make a lot more than min wage. Their truck drivers have above average perks too and make more than most company drivers.

I do have my bones about walmart tho. They used to be very pro made in america and I remember how the super walmart in my town dried up the businesses on the downtown square. Coincidentally, it's the same town that Alan Jackson comes from and I suspect the inspiration for the song 'Little Man'.

Ɨ͚͙͢͟͠Ŧ̯͔̳̺̬̣̻ͅ ͖̬̰͖̺Ŧ̭̻̲̳̝̦̗Ⱥ̹̩͚͘͠͡Ꝁ̷͖̲͓̖͍̺̻Ɇ̧͈̟̞S̨̢̟̥̮­͇͈͓͉͉̣ ̶̵̪̜̪̰͕̙̱̜Ⱥ̧̝͉̕Ł̰̤̲͠Ø̨̡̯͍͙̩̭̦̦͔͔͟Ŧ̵̠̣̬̝ͅ­̬͓͚ ̮͍͙Ŧ̷͍͖̳̺͕̲̬͚͜ͅØ̷̷̳̗̠̻ ̻̪M͉̠͟Ⱥ͏̫̳̣Ꝁ̶̷̜̪͈̪Ɇ̧̦̳̻̘͙̗͉̠ ̨̯͉͙͚̫͓̜̗̗͝͝Ⱥ̡͎̳̤͚ ̴̰̥̩͎̜̣̗̕ͅS̢͈Ŧ͕͉͓͚͔Ɇ͕̙͉̫͓͉͈̖͞ͅW҉̗̖̟̳́ ̢͕̲̰͔́͞
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-10-2012, 06:07 PM
(16-10-2012 09:00 AM)Diablo Wrote:  Huhhsie, I think you are badly confused. You are talking about a myth propagated by the republican party. They hate us because of our success! I don't know of anyone who thinks that, or even heard of anyone who suggested that. Its nothing more than political BS, and you fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

Thus your question makes no sense. You might as well ask why the leprechauns hate jews.

Success in this country is almost completely based on luck.
The only two real important factors are whose vagina you popped out of, and how much sex appeal you have. Intelligence is a very distant third, and even that is luck based mind you. Meanwhile, contrary to popular belief, hard work has little to nothing to do with it.

I've not fallen for anything. There is a certain hostility towards the rich in my opinion. Not usually specific rich people (though that does happen too) but more towards rich people in general. The exception to that is politicians (and sports people as well to a degree). The amount of crap I hear from some members of my family (and the Daily Mirror) about David Cameron for being well off is ridiculous, and I simply don't understand why.

To clarify as well, I'm completely not expecting anyone to come and explain why they have an irrational hatred of the rich. I think those who do will try and justify it in their heads with other means.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
16-10-2012, 06:10 PM
(16-10-2012 11:32 AM)Dom Wrote:  Politicians -I don't basically like them since they don't usually tell the truth about anything but they say whatever they think most people want to hear. That makes politics and elections quite pointless, it's simply the one whose lies you like better who gets your vote.

You can't blame the politicians for that. Any politician who priorities truth over popularity will never get anywhere. That's not their fault. It's mainly the fault of the system, and a little bit the fault of the general population who allow themselves to be swayed so easily.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
16-10-2012, 06:14 PM
(16-10-2012 04:52 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I hate the filthy rich, because of how they got and stay that way. The owner of Walmart. More than likely a billionaire and pays the majority of employees minimum wage. If he would settle for making a few less billions or hundreds of millions, he could pay more. Same goes for the majority of huge businesses. They expect the world from their employees without raises or decent benefits. It is their over all greed that I hate. They also make it impossible to compete with them. I have worked as security for about 12 years now. I know everything that I could possibly need to know to run a business providing security. In order to do so though, I would have to work as management for at least 20 years and a few other impossible requirements to be able to own my own business doing exactly what I do now. Same goes for every industry. You can know how to do almost anything, but can't just open a business doing it without getting degrees or having millions of dollars to just jump into it without knowing anything. It is very easy for them to hang onto their billions, but very hard to obtain it. It is all because they corrupted the system and taken away the american dream.

I can't comment on Walmart specifically as I know nothing about it but I think in general CEO's of big companies get a bad press. If profits fall, shares fall. If shares fall, the board removes them pretty damn quickly for the most part. That's how I understand it. Given that why would anyone unnecessarily look to boost everyone's pay above the odds, or promote competition? Chances are it could cost them their jobs and the next guy who comes in seeing this is likely gonna look to claim that money back somehow as his job is probably riding on it.

Best
Worst
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
16-10-2012, 07:01 PM
Quote:The owner of Walmart. More than likely a billionaire

top10 richest people I believe. *double checks* Ohh so close, they dropped a couple places this year. 11th richest.
It's a family business. The current owner of said billions is a women actually, widow of one of the sons of the founder. (All "Walton's"). Talk about marring into the right family..

Quote:and pays the majority of employees minimum wage

It's a shit job that requires absolutely zero qualifications. It's one of those jobs you do when you drop out of high school in the first year.
So of course they're gonna pay minimum wage. It's no different to any other shit job paying minimum wage.

Quote:If he

she*

Quote:would settle for making a few less billions or hundreds of millions, he could pay more.

Do you know how many jobs WalMart provides?
I'll give you a clue, it's 2,200,000.
It's the 3rd largest corporation in the world. The 2 companies larger then it and the 2 companies below it in the ranking have a combined job total of 670,000.
It's the biggest single private employer in the world.

My point is, they provide a shit load of shit jobs and give them to people who would otherwise not really have much in the line of work opportunity (or college graduates who major in philosophy, which I guess is the same thing).

They shouldn't have to increase wages. Minimum wage is there for a reason, because that is the amount deemed by society to be the amount of money you get for doing work that requires no skills. Suck it up or get more skills.

Quote: It is their over all greed that I hate.

I'm sure WalMart, like all big businesses, donate millions to charity. How much do you donate?
Walmart provide 2,200,000 people with jobs. How many jobs do you provide to people?

Quote:They also make it impossible to compete with them.

That is the general idea of business...
But it's simple really. If you don't like it, don't buy from it. But people do buy from it and sure some small businesses do go out of business, but at the end of the day it's what the people want. They want cheaper shit so they go to Walmart.

Quote:I have worked as security for about 12 years now. I know everything that I could possibly need to know to run a business providing security. In order to do so though, I would have to work as management for at least 20 years and a few other impossible requirements to be able to own my own business doing exactly what I do now.

No you really wouldn't. You'd need to know a bit of accounting (though you could even hire an accountant) and have some management skills but you'd hardly need to work in management for 20years.
You could do it now.
The reason you don't is because it's risky, it requires effort and you're comfortable in your plain safe stable job.
It's nothing to do with needing "20 years in management".
You have no one to blame but yourself as to why you don't own your own security firm.

Quote:Same goes for every industry.

Nope.
I don't need to know anything about hairdressing to open a profitable hairdressing saloon.

Yes you need appropriate skills, management, HR, bit of accounting. But of course you do, owning a business is all that paper work gritty stuff. It's hard work and it's risky. So people don't do it, they get a stable job and bitch about those that took the risk instead.

Quote:You can know how to do almost anything, but can't just open a business doing it without getting degrees or having millions of dollars to just jump into it without knowing anything.

Wrong again. Yes it requires some know how and effort but if it was easy as just doing what you're doing (ie: security guard) then they'd be no point in employment.

Seriously, if anyone is coming across as lazy right now it's you. You sit in your stable job bitching that you don't own your own business and yet your willingness to do anything about it is obsolete. You want more and more for very little. You're the greedy one here.

Quote:On that note, President Bush went to Harvard...

Did it occur to you that he may be well educated? Legacy or not Harvard isn't about to take brain dead people.

Quote:If I remember right, Wally World started out small.

Richard Branson started by bootlegging CDs out of the back of his car. He slowly made his way up to make Virgin records and now look at him, a fucking airline company.

Birdguy, you are exactly the people Hughsie is talking about. You bitch and bitch about this that and the other but have absolutely zero interest or willingness to do something about it. You make excuse after excuse.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
16-10-2012, 07:53 PM
(16-10-2012 07:01 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:The owner of Walmart. More than likely a billionaire

top10 richest people I believe. *double checks* Ohh so close, they dropped a couple places this year. 11th richest.
It's a family business. The current owner of said billions is a women actually, widow of one of the sons of the founder. (All "Walton's"). Talk about marring into the right family..

Quote:and pays the majority of employees minimum wage

It's a shit job that requires absolutely zero qualifications. It's one of those jobs you do when you drop out of high school in the first year.
So of course they're gonna pay minimum wage. It's no different to any other shit job paying minimum wage.

Quote:If he

she*

Quote:would settle for making a few less billions or hundreds of millions, he could pay more.

Do you know how many jobs WalMart provides?
I'll give you a clue, it's 2,200,000.
It's the 3rd largest corporation in the world. The 2 companies larger then it and the 2 companies below it in the ranking have a combined job total of 670,000.
It's the biggest single private employer in the world.

My point is, they provide a shit load of shit jobs and give them to people who would otherwise not really have much in the line of work opportunity (or college graduates who major in philosophy, which I guess is the same thing).

They shouldn't have to increase wages. Minimum wage is there for a reason, because that is the amount deemed by society to be the amount of money you get for doing work that requires no skills. Suck it up or get more skills.

Quote: It is their over all greed that I hate.

I'm sure WalMart, like all big businesses, donate millions to charity. How much do you donate?
Walmart provide 2,200,000 people with jobs. How many jobs do you provide to people?

Quote:They also make it impossible to compete with them.

That is the general idea of business...
But it's simple really. If you don't like it, don't buy from it. But people do buy from it and sure some small businesses do go out of business, but at the end of the day it's what the people want. They want cheaper shit so they go to Walmart.

Quote:I have worked as security for about 12 years now. I know everything that I could possibly need to know to run a business providing security. In order to do so though, I would have to work as management for at least 20 years and a few other impossible requirements to be able to own my own business doing exactly what I do now.

No you really wouldn't. You'd need to know a bit of accounting (though you could even hire an accountant) and have some management skills but you'd hardly need to work in management for 20years.
You could do it now.
The reason you don't is because it's risky, it requires effort and you're comfortable in your plain safe stable job.
It's nothing to do with needing "20 years in management".
You have no one to blame but yourself as to why you don't own your own security firm.

Quote:Same goes for every industry.

Nope.
I don't need to know anything about hairdressing to open a profitable hairdressing saloon.

Yes you need appropriate skills, management, HR, bit of accounting. But of course you do, owning a business is all that paper work gritty stuff. It's hard work and it's risky. So people don't do it, they get a stable job and bitch about those that took the risk instead.

Quote:You can know how to do almost anything, but can't just open a business doing it without getting degrees or having millions of dollars to just jump into it without knowing anything.

Wrong again. Yes it requires some know how and effort but if it was easy as just doing what you're doing (ie: security guard) then they'd be no point in employment.

Seriously, if anyone is coming across as lazy right now it's you. You sit in your stable job bitching that you don't own your own business and yet your willingness to do anything about it is obsolete. You want more and more for very little. You're the greedy one here.

Quote:On that note, President Bush went to Harvard...

Did it occur to you that he may be well educated? Legacy or not Harvard isn't about to take brain dead people.

Quote:If I remember right, Wally World started out small.

Richard Branson started by bootlegging CDs out of the back of his car. He slowly made his way up to make Virgin records and now look at him, a fucking airline company.

Birdguy, you are exactly the people Hughsie is talking about. You bitch and bitch about this that and the other but have absolutely zero interest or willingness to do something about it. You make excuse after excuse.

Excuse after excuse huh? I have tried starting my own small thing. So far I have made nothing on it. If I do make a little money to supplement my income, the government will be on my back in no time. Then there will be an argument that I am taking away business from legit computer repair businesses with skilled workers that went to school for it. There are so many requirements to be able to do anything these days.