Why Is Being Successful A Crime?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-10-2012, 11:17 PM
RE: Why Is Being Successful A Crime?
(16-10-2012 09:53 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(16-10-2012 07:53 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Excuse after excuse huh? I have tried starting my own small thing. So far I have made nothing on it. If I do make a little money to supplement my income, the government will be on my back in no time. Then there will be an argument that I am taking away business from legit computer repair businesses with skilled workers that went to school for it. There are so many requirements to be able to do anything these days.

But what I'm talking about is this security firm you mentioned. Here you are bitching that you can't own a small security firm because you think you need 20years management requirement. You really don't.

Actually, due to the security officer registration act in NJ and now starting to be many other states, yes they require that 20 years and even more. If you can buy an already functioning business, they will provide the years you need in management before you fully take over. If you are looking to start your own, you must have met the requiements already. This makes it yet again "pay to play". How is it fair to anyone except the super rich that can pay to play?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-10-2012, 12:05 AM
(16-10-2012 06:07 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(16-10-2012 09:00 AM)Diablo Wrote:  Huhhsie, I think you are badly confused. You are talking about a myth propagated by the republican party. They hate us because of our success! I don't know of anyone who thinks that, or even heard of anyone who suggested that. Its nothing more than political BS, and you fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

Thus your question makes no sense. You might as well ask why the leprechauns hate jews.

Success in this country is almost completely based on luck.
The only two real important factors are whose vagina you popped out of, and how much sex appeal you have. Intelligence is a very distant third, and even that is luck based mind you. Meanwhile, contrary to popular belief, hard work has little to nothing to do with it.

I've not fallen for anything. There is a certain hostility towards the rich in my opinion. Not usually specific rich people (though that does happen too) but more towards rich people in general. The exception to that is politicians (and sports people as well to a degree). The amount of crap I hear from some members of my family (and the Daily Mirror) about David Cameron for being well off is ridiculous, and I simply don't understand why.

To clarify as well, I'm completely not expecting anyone to come and explain why they have an irrational hatred of the rich. I think those who do will try and justify it in their heads with other means.

Granted those people exist, but I still say they are a small minority.
18-10-2012, 01:36 AM
(17-10-2012 06:44 PM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  
Quote:Then you don't have the mind set I'm talking about. I find that many people in life, if you asked them about "rich people" would respond negatively. This is what I don't understand.

My dear troll (hopefully) there is a fair bit that you don't understand.

For one, making a strawman argument that everyone hates "the rich", is not a valid argument.
Another, your own run ins with the disillusioned isn't a proper way to gauge the opinions of millions of people.
Attempting to sneakily conflate "ill gotten gains" to "ANY gotten gains" is dishonest.

If you're not a troll, what I don't understand is the need of a rather lowly internet forum user to white knight a segment of the population who are extremely powerful. Who move millions of capital with a pen stroke, who are extremely under taxed, who bank roll politicians, who move entire nations. I think they can handle themselves without your - pleas.

Perhaps start a thread asking why being poor is a crime? As they are the ones actually being punished. The man sleeping under a bridge seems more of the one prosecuted than the one on a yacht.

Reap what you sow, and owe what you owe. There is no issue if rich or poor act in that manner.

Booyah!

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
18-10-2012, 11:38 AM
I'd assume people hate rich people for the same reason that the justice system, along with all of those ungrateful witnesses, would take advantage and maliciously ruin the reputation of an innocent, honest and virtuous man such as Jerry Sandusky. For exactly the same reason why the media, along with all of those anti-doping agencies and former teammates, would spread lies and rumors about Lance Armstrong just because he could ride a bicycle a lot faster than they could. People are just horrible, spiteful, unscrupulous and quick to demonizes anyone who has what they want.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
18-10-2012, 08:30 PM
(17-10-2012 06:44 PM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  My dear troll (hopefully) there is a fair bit that you don't understand.

If I was gonna troll somewhere I'm unlikely to pick the one forum I moderate on. Anyway, if there's something I don't understand why not enlighten me?

poolboyg88 Wrote:For one, making a strawman argument that everyone hates "the rich", is not a valid argument.
Another, your own run ins with the disillusioned isn't a proper way to gauge the opinions of millions of people.
Attempting to sneakily conflate "ill gotten gains" to "ANY gotten gains" is dishonest.

I'm not saying everyone. I'm asking why other people think that some people have a dislike for a group for being successful. I already have my own ideas as to why, I'm interested what others think. Even if it's only one person in the world that thinks this way I'm interested as to why.

poolboyg88 Wrote:If you're not a troll, what I don't understand is the need of a rather lowly internet forum user to white knight a segment of the population who are extremely powerful. Who move millions of capital with a pen stroke, who are extremely under taxed, who bank roll politicians, who move entire nations. I think they can handle themselves without your - pleas.

I'm not 'white-knighting' anyone. I'm asking a question. I'm taking it you're one of those who has a problem with the well-off given your reaction?

poolboyg88 Wrote:Perhaps start a thread asking why being poor is a crime? As they are the ones actually being punished. The man sleeping under a bridge seems more of the one prosecuted than the one on a yacht.

Feel free to. There's no-one stopping you.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
18-10-2012, 10:48 PM
(17-10-2012 11:17 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(16-10-2012 09:53 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  But what I'm talking about is this security firm you mentioned. Here you are bitching that you can't own a small security firm because you think you need 20years management requirement. You really don't.

Actually, due to the security officer registration act in NJ and now starting to be many other states, yes they require that 20 years and even more. If you can buy an already functioning business, they will provide the years you need in management before you fully take over. If you are looking to start your own, you must have met the requiements already. This makes it yet again "pay to play". How is it fair to anyone except the super rich that can pay to play?

Well we are talking about the security business. It makes sense that there would be requirements for the industry. After all, you are in the business of security. You can't have just anyone starting a security business.
But my point still stands. The only one you have to blame for being in an average paying stable job while others are putting themselves out their and thus getting the rewards for doing so is yourself.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
18-10-2012, 10:54 PM
(18-10-2012 08:30 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I'm not 'white-knighting' anyone. I'm asking a question. I'm taking it you're one of those who has a problem with the well-off given your reaction?

Who really has a problem with the "Well Off"? And how "Well Off" do people need to be until someone considers it a problem?
19-10-2012, 01:47 AM
I consider it a problem when you are rich and will stay rich at the expense of others when you fuck up big time. Those wall street banking firms should be pennyless, instead they got bailed out by massive amouts of tax dollars. I consider that a huge problem. If I fuck up, I don't get to put dinner on the table or have a roof over my head. They were all rich and stayed that way thanks to our stupid federal government. Most of the super rich feel they are entitled to be even after they demonstrate through action that they clearly don't deserve the money they have.
19-10-2012, 05:25 AM
(19-10-2012 01:47 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I consider it a problem when you are rich and will stay rich at the expense of others when you fuck up big time. Those wall street banking firms should be pennyless, instead they got bailed out by massive amouts of tax dollars. I consider that a huge problem. If I fuck up, I don't get to put dinner on the table or have a roof over my head. They were all rich and stayed that way thanks to our stupid federal government. Most of the super rich feel they are entitled to be even after they demonstrate through action that they clearly don't deserve the money they have.

If those big wall street companies didn't get bailed out then a shit load of people would be out of jobs right now.
Those bailouts are not for CEO's or directors, those big bailouts are because it's in societies best interest to keep a business that employs 100,000 people alive. Especially a business that can be very profitable. (ie: GE Motors).
On top of the loss of jobs there would be a huge loss in tax revenue for the government. Corporate tax, tax from eomployees. PLUS the expense of having to pay those people welfare.

People bitch about bailouts, but those bailouts are for you people (average Joe employees), you should be fucking grateful.

Being rich and being poor is no different if you fuck up. If you fuck up in your job when you're rich you lose your job just the same as if you were to fuck up in yours.
It's just that they have more to fall back on then you.
Think of it like this. Everyone is on a ladder depending on their financial situation.
Doing things earns you points to go up a certain number of rungs, and fucking up takes away points.
Rich people are at say rung 10 of the ladder. You're at rung 2.
There are various reasons for that but mostly because all you do all day is bitch and moan and never and never ever do anything to change our situation because you feel entitled to everything and believe it should all just be handed to you on a silver platter. Those rich people are where they are for various reasons see my other post.
Ok, now say losing a job equals -1 point. So, you go down to rung 1 and rich people go down to rung 9. Both are out of pocket but because the rich guy is higher up, he has more leeway.
It's not his fault that you're so fucking lazy and you've been stuck in the same shit job for the last 12 years because you wont put in any effort to change your situation.

But the point is, he still takes a hit, but because he's built up all his points, he's higher on the ladder and so can take bigger hits.

So don't you bad mouth people who have worked hard and made the risks because they're not in a shitty position like yourself. If you want to live in a communist state I hear North Korea is nice this time of year.

Birdman, you sir are what is wrong with society today. You and the next generation.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
19-10-2012, 05:50 AM
(19-10-2012 05:25 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(19-10-2012 01:47 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I consider it a problem when you are rich and will stay rich at the expense of others when you fuck up big time. Those wall street banking firms should be pennyless, instead they got bailed out by massive amouts of tax dollars. I consider that a huge problem. If I fuck up, I don't get to put dinner on the table or have a roof over my head. They were all rich and stayed that way thanks to our stupid federal government. Most of the super rich feel they are entitled to be even after they demonstrate through action that they clearly don't deserve the money they have.

If those big wall street companies didn't get bailed out then a shit load of people would be out of jobs right now.
Those bailouts are not for CEO's or directors, those big bailouts are because it's in societies best interest to keep a business that employs 100,000 people alive. Especially a business that can be very profitable. (ie: GE Motors).
On top of the loss of jobs there would be a huge loss in tax revenue for the government. Corporate tax, tax from eomployees. PLUS the expense of having to pay those people welfare.

People bitch about bailouts, but those bailouts are for you people (average Joe employees), you should be fucking grateful.

Being rich and being poor is no different if you fuck up. If you fuck up in your job when you're rich you lose your job just the same as if you were to fuck up in yours.
It's just that they have more to fall back on then you.
Think of it like this. Everyone is on a ladder depending on their financial situation.
Doing things earns you points to go up a certain number of rungs, and fucking up takes away points.
Rich people are at say rung 10 of the ladder. You're at rung 2.
There are various reasons for that but mostly because all you do all day is bitch and moan and never and never ever do anything to change our situation because you feel entitled to everything and believe it should all just be handed to you on a silver platter. Those rich people are where they are for various reasons see my other post.
Ok, now say losing a job equals -1 point. So, you go down to rung 1 and rich people go down to rung 9. Both are out of pocket but because the rich guy is higher up, he has more leeway.
It's not his fault that you're so fucking lazy and you've been stuck in the same shit job for the last 12 years because you wont put in any effort to change your situation.

But the point is, he still takes a hit, but because he's built up all his points, he's higher on the ladder and so can take bigger hits.

So don't you bad mouth people who have worked hard and made the risks because they're not in a shitty position like yourself. If you want to live in a communist state I hear North Korea is nice this time of year.

Birdman, you sir are what is wrong with society today. You and the next generation.

If I fuck up in my job, I get fired. These pieces of shit that I am talking about were given bonus checks of multiple billions. If the businesses were too big to fail, the ones that killed the businesses should be piss poor. You really call these theives successful? So by your logic if I go out and become a drug runner (back in kennedy's day rum runner) and make enough money to buy my way into politics, that makes me successful? Or any number of other illegal activities that can make me money (buying and selling of women and children) or anything else your dirty little mind can cook up. As long as I generate enough money before the world catches on, I would be in your opinion deserving of the money? These guys don't deserve the money and you know it.