Why Is Being Successful A Crime?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-10-2012, 09:16 AM
RE: Why Is Being Successful A Crime?
(19-10-2012 05:50 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(19-10-2012 05:25 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  If those big wall street companies didn't get bailed out then a shit load of people would be out of jobs right now.
Those bailouts are not for CEO's or directors, those big bailouts are because it's in societies best interest to keep a business that employs 100,000 people alive. Especially a business that can be very profitable. (ie: GE Motors).
On top of the loss of jobs there would be a huge loss in tax revenue for the government. Corporate tax, tax from eomployees. PLUS the expense of having to pay those people welfare.

People bitch about bailouts, but those bailouts are for you people (average Joe employees), you should be fucking grateful.

Being rich and being poor is no different if you fuck up. If you fuck up in your job when you're rich you lose your job just the same as if you were to fuck up in yours.
It's just that they have more to fall back on then you.
Think of it like this. Everyone is on a ladder depending on their financial situation.
Doing things earns you points to go up a certain number of rungs, and fucking up takes away points.
Rich people are at say rung 10 of the ladder. You're at rung 2.
There are various reasons for that but mostly because all you do all day is bitch and moan and never and never ever do anything to change our situation because you feel entitled to everything and believe it should all just be handed to you on a silver platter. Those rich people are where they are for various reasons see my other post.
Ok, now say losing a job equals -1 point. So, you go down to rung 1 and rich people go down to rung 9. Both are out of pocket but because the rich guy is higher up, he has more leeway.
It's not his fault that you're so fucking lazy and you've been stuck in the same shit job for the last 12 years because you wont put in any effort to change your situation.

But the point is, he still takes a hit, but because he's built up all his points, he's higher on the ladder and so can take bigger hits.

So don't you bad mouth people who have worked hard and made the risks because they're not in a shitty position like yourself. If you want to live in a communist state I hear North Korea is nice this time of year.

Birdman, you sir are what is wrong with society today. You and the next generation.

If I fuck up in my job, I get fired. These pieces of shit that I am talking about were given bonus checks of multiple billions. If the businesses were too big to fail, the ones that killed the businesses should be piss poor. You really call these theives successful? So by your logic if I go out and become a drug runner (back in kennedy's day rum runner) and make enough money to buy my way into politics, that makes me successful? Or any number of other illegal activities that can make me money (buying and selling of women and children) or anything else your dirty little mind can cook up. As long as I generate enough money before the world catches on, I would be in your opinion deserving of the money? These guys don't deserve the money and you know it.

Sure I don't agree with them getting bonuses if they did indeed get them and the company required a bailout.
You talk about logic but yours of them should be piss poor makes no sense.
Following that logic if you fuck up in your job you should not only be piss poor but be required to give all your earnings (wages) you ever got from the company you work at.
Yes they should be fired, but if the money was acquired legally then there is no basis to take money they personally own in a bank somewhere. That's their money, just like your savings is yours.
They never did anything illegal. They believed they found a way to reduce risk and gain higher rewards with these mortgage bundle things. Yes it was stupid, yes in the end it backfired, but it was far from illegal.
You forget, these banks required a bailout, they didn't exactly get off scotch free, this backfired bad for them.

People constantly blame the banks for the collapse, BUT, what kind of fucking moron gets out 3, 4 5 mortgages on a minimum wage job??
It's one thing to say the banks should have seen it coming, but really, AMERICA should have seen it coming.

Look, Birdman, at the end of the day YOU live YOUR life. You can bitch and moan and cause a stir that people have more then you but at the end of the day you are the one that has to live with it. You live with the boring stable job. You live on the below average/average hourly rate. If you want a Mercedes SLS (because who the fuck wouldn't?) you have to live with the fact that you will never ever own one. What do I care that you wont own one? I don't give a flying shit that you will never own a SLS, that doesn't effect me in any way. You can go through life waiting on that big fat wad of cash that will never come to fall in your lap. The only person on this planet that that concerns and effects is YOU. So please Birdman, keep bitching, keep moaning because at the end of the day none of it matters. You'll still be a nobody with a shitty job earning average wage. You'll still be living in your average house, driving your average car, living your average life. And the only person that effects, is you.

Here's some life advice Birdman; Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2012, 12:20 AM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2012 12:25 AM by Diablo.)
(18-10-2012 08:30 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(17-10-2012 06:44 PM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  My dear troll (hopefully) there is a fair bit that you don't understand.

If I was gonna troll somewhere I'm unlikely to pick the one forum I moderate on. Anyway, if there's something I don't understand why not enlighten me?

I already enlightened you. You are taking the view of a small minority, and reaching to make an argument that people hate the successful. Its sort of like how republicans used the whole voter ID thing to stop voter fraud. Look at the statistics and its easy to see that it doesn't exist!

Why don't you come up with a question that isn't ridiculous and we could maybe have a real conversation.
20-10-2012, 12:24 AM
(19-10-2012 05:25 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(19-10-2012 01:47 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I consider it a problem when you are rich and will stay rich at the expense of others when you fuck up big time. Those wall street banking firms should be pennyless, instead they got bailed out by massive amouts of tax dollars. I consider that a huge problem. If I fuck up, I don't get to put dinner on the table or have a roof over my head. They were all rich and stayed that way thanks to our stupid federal government. Most of the super rich feel they are entitled to be even after they demonstrate through action that they clearly don't deserve the money they have.

If those big wall street companies didn't get bailed out then a shit load of people would be out of jobs right now.
Those bailouts are not for CEO's or directors, those big bailouts are because it's in societies best interest to keep a business that employs 100,000 people alive. Especially a business that can be very profitable. (ie: GE Motors).
On top of the loss of jobs there would be a huge loss in tax revenue for the government. Corporate tax, tax from eomployees. PLUS the expense of having to pay those people welfare.

People bitch about bailouts, but those bailouts are for you people (average Joe employees), you should be fucking grateful.

Being rich and being poor is no different if you fuck up. If you fuck up in your job when you're rich you lose your job just the same as if you were to fuck up in yours.
Think of it like this. Everyone is on a ladder depending on their financial situation.
Doing things earns you points to go up a certain number of rungs, and fucking up takes away points.
There are various reasons for that but mostly because all you do all day is bitch and moan and never and never ever do anything to change our situation because you feel entitled to everything and believe it should all just be handed to you on a silver platter. Those rich people are where they are for various reasons see my other post.
Ok, now say losing a job equals -1 point. So, you go down to rung 1 and rich people go down to rung 9. Both are out of pocket but because the rich guy is higher up, he has more leeway.
It's not his fault that you're so fucking lazy and you've been stuck in the same shit job for the last 12 years because you wont put in any effort to change your situation.

But the point is, he still takes a hit, but because he's built up all his points, he's higher on the ladder and so can take bigger hits.

So don't you bad mouth people who have worked hard and made the risks because they're not in a shitty position like yourself. If you want to live in a communist state I hear North Korea is nice this time of year.

Birdman, you sir are what is wrong with society today. You and the next generation.

You are very confused and badly informed.
You should stick with conversations about your own shit hole country.
20-10-2012, 02:23 AM
(20-10-2012 12:24 AM)Diablo Wrote:  
(19-10-2012 05:25 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  If those big wall street companies didn't get bailed out then a shit load of people would be out of jobs right now.

You are very confused and badly informed.

You mad because wealth wasn't handed to you on a silver plate brah?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
20-10-2012, 03:37 PM
(20-10-2012 12:20 AM)Diablo Wrote:  I already enlightened you. You are taking the view of a small minority, and reaching to make an argument that people hate the successful. Its sort of like how republicans used the whole voter ID thing to stop voter fraud. Look at the statistics and its easy to see that it doesn't exist!

Why don't you come up with a question that isn't ridiculous and we could maybe have a real conversation.

OK.

Why would anyone (even if it's just on person non the planet) hate someone else for being wealthy?

That meet your standards?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
20-10-2012, 04:01 PM
It seems that looking back at history, people always have done this and it's a natural instinct. It's envy and greed that makes people at times displeased, jealous, or with hatred for those who have what they do not.

Generally people are shown that being affluent and working in a community to help those around, like a family, are the best moral goods. When you compare that to seeing someone who appears to not be doing such acts, but instead, taking every possible action to keep as much net gain for themselves... well then you get those disgust ideas.

A lot of what is known on donation front changes peoples point of view as well as how the person got rich. Not many Americans seem to vocally have a distant for Bill Gates being so wealthy.. maybe because he gives them a product they directly use or they know he donates a lot of money to charity? I know people seem high on Warren Buffett who is using his wealth these days for charity organizations, Ted Turner seems to not get ripped anymore maybe because he is out of the limelight yet he donated 1 billion dollars to the UN to aid areas in need across the world.

Yet people seem to dislike those on wall-street, banks, and types of make money off of money. That's why there is disdain of Mitt Romney who made wealth via borrowing from his wealthy father to start a business that, self described, makes money from harvesting businesses and either succeeding with the successful ones or selling other ones if that will make more money. It's seen as making money not helping people, but making money to make money while saying tough luck to others.. not giving an affluent impression. Mitt does donate a lot to charity... but it's to the Mormon church to pay for proselytizing across the world in a lot of cases...

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
20-10-2012, 04:31 PM
(20-10-2012 02:23 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(20-10-2012 12:24 AM)Diablo Wrote:  You are very confused and badly informed.

You mad because wealth wasn't handed to you on a silver plate brah?

No, I am mad because I am sick of having money stolen from those who do work had. That includes myself. These ceo's that got big bonus checks for stealing so much from their companies that they needed to be bailed out should be dragged into the street and shot. It is just obsene. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424...45602.html

There is the proof right there that they got bonuses that they shouldn't have. It is my belief that they are illegally in possession of tax payer money. They are theives and liars. So, based on your logic. If I go out and steal enough money by whatever means necessary before getting caught (being able to afford high priced attourney), I am successful?
20-10-2012, 04:54 PM
(20-10-2012 04:31 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(20-10-2012 02:23 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  You mad because wealth wasn't handed to you on a silver plate brah?

No, I am mad because I am sick of having money stolen from those who do work had. That includes myself. These ceo's that got big bonus checks for stealing so much from their companies that they needed to be bailed out should be dragged into the street and shot. It is just obsene. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424...45602.html

There is the proof right there that they got bonuses that they shouldn't have. It is my belief that they are illegally in possession of tax payer money. They are theives and liars. So, based on your logic. If I go out and steal enough money by whatever means necessary before getting caught (being able to afford high priced attourney), I am successful?

How do you consider that stealing.. I don't understand your belief there. It's really the money being given to them and it's done or agreed to likely by people that represent you.

20-10-2012, 05:33 PM
(20-10-2012 04:54 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(20-10-2012 04:31 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  No, I am mad because I am sick of having money stolen from those who do work had. That includes myself. These ceo's that got big bonus checks for stealing so much from their companies that they needed to be bailed out should be dragged into the street and shot. It is just obsene. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424...45602.html

How do you consider that stealing.. I don't understand your belief there. It's really the money being given to them and it's done or agreed to likely by people that represent you.

You mean the people that are bought into politics by the banks and that represent the bankers. They don't give a shit about the middle class. They don't represent me.
20-10-2012, 05:50 PM
(20-10-2012 05:33 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(20-10-2012 04:54 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  How do you consider that stealing.. I don't understand your belief there. It's really the money being given to them and it's done or agreed to likely by people that represent you.

You mean the people that are bought into politics by the banks and that represent the bankers. They don't give a shit about the middle class. They don't represent me.

Yes those people, yes they are bought by banks but they still represent you.