Why Is Being Successful A Crime?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2012, 09:12 PM
RE: Why Is Being Successful A Crime?
(15-10-2012 06:48 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  How any "rich" people have you met in your life?

Based on what he said I would guess not many. I am far from rich. Heck I am a Technical Sergeant in the US Air Force. I'm not rolling in the bucks. But I have a few friends who are ridiculously wealthy and they are some of the nicest people I have ever met. I have met a LOT of rich people and I have yet to meet one who acts like described above.

I had a multimillionaire friend back when I was in my early twenties. He had graduated college and opened his own marketing company and was doing very, very well for himself. He was very interested in trying to help me be successful and never once balked at answering questions or explaining things to me.

One thing he told me is that "You will become your friends." Look at the people you surround yourself with. Over time you will start to talk and act like they do. If you want to be successful make friends with people who are successful who you would like to emulate and without even trying or realizing they are doing it they will teach you to become successful. After being told that I took a long hard look at who I was associating with and discovered that he was right. Most of my friends were losers. The people I was hanging out with were all in the same position I was. Debt up to their eye balls, no real prospects of getting any further ahead in life than where they already were and they sat around making excuses about how everything that was wrong in their lives was someone else fault. I stopped hanging out with those people and started making friends with people who owned businesses or had contacts. I worked my way into circles of people who were successful and my experience has been that they will treat you pretty much the way you treat them. If you are an asshole they'll treat you like an asshole. If you are nice, they'll be nice. One thing that has been the same about every "Rich" person I have ever known though is that they are almost always happy to help out people who are willing to help themselves and they never help people who haven't tried to help themselves.

If you think rich people are looking down on you maybe you ought to start by looking at yourself first. How do you expect rich people to look at you? Are you one of those people who see's my Corvette parked out next to an island in the empty end of the Walmart parking lot and just has to park your hoopty as close to it as you possibly can? That might be why they look down on you. If you're acting like an ass I'm going to look down on you too.

Here's my opinion. The rich are rich because they work hard and they know how to make their money work for them. They buy assets that appreciate in value and they don't waste money they don't have on assets that depreciate in value. I have owned Corvettes since 1999. I belong to a Las Vegas Corvette club. I have friends who own every make and model of Exotic car you can think of along with Corvettes and I can tell you one thing for certain. The more expensive a car is, the less likely that its financed. If you see a Ferrari with a loan against it its only because the owner has his money in some investment thats making more than the interest on his loan is costing him.

The poor are poor because they either aren't motivated to do the work necessary to become rich or because they do not know how to make their money work for them. More often than not the only reason they are poor is because no one ever taught them to be rich. Instead we have the government, social programs and organizations like the NAACP telling the poor that they are poor because "the man" is holding them down. Here, rather than teaching you how to spend your money wisely and helping you get rid of bad debt we'll just give you a welfare check until you can figure out how to get yourself back on your feet. Does my point of view make me an asshole? Maybe but I'm a happy, successful asshole. The poor don't need handouts. They need education. But the rich can't make them learn unless they want to and the rich can't make them use the lessons they offer. Sometimes you won't even realize they are teaching you something until years later... lol
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2012, 09:22 PM
(20-10-2012 04:31 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(20-10-2012 02:23 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  You mad because wealth wasn't handed to you on a silver plate brah?

No, I am mad because I am sick of having money stolen from those who do work had. That includes myself. These ceo's that got big bonus checks for stealing so much from their companies that they needed to be bailed out should be dragged into the street and shot. It is just obsene. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424...45602.html

There is the proof right there that they got bonuses that they shouldn't have. It is my belief that they are illegally in possession of tax payer money. They are theives and liars. So, based on your logic. If I go out and steal enough money by whatever means necessary before getting caught (being able to afford high priced attourney), I am successful?

My comment wasn't directed at you but whatever.

Yeah, I'm not arguing against this. I think in cases like this with failing companies that are having to lay off staff etc.., then executives shouldn't be getting a bonus.

BUT I don't think they should be stripped penniless because of it. See my other post for why.

Quote:They don't give a shit about the middle class. They don't represent me.

NOBODY GIVES A SHIT ABOUT YOU. That's the point I'm trying to get across.
NOTHING is going to fall in your lap, you have to get off your ass and do it yourself.

Take me for example. I'm a poor university student in a fair bit of debt (controllable debt however). People don't give a shit. The PM doesn't give a shit. The guy that owns the house ontop of the hill outside my window doesn't give a shit.
Nobody is going to sort out my situation for me because everyone has their own problems. If I want to sort out my situation, I have to get off my ass and do it myself.

Quote:Based on what he said I would guess not many. I am far from rich. Heck I am a Technical Sergeant in the US Air Force. I'm not rolling in the bucks. But I have a few friends who are ridiculously wealthy and they are some of the nicest people I have ever met. I have met a LOT of rich people and I have yet to meet one who acts like described above.

I had a multimillionaire friend back when I was in my early twenties. He had graduated college and opened his own marketing company and was doing very, very well for himself. He was very interested in trying to help me be successful and never once balked at answering questions or explaining things to me.

One thing he told me is that "You will become your friends." Look at the people you surround yourself with. Over time you will start to talk and act like they do. If you want to be successful make friends with people who are successful who you would like to emulate and without even trying or realizing they are doing it they will teach you to become successful. After being told that I took a long hard look at who I was associating with and discovered that he was right. Most of my friends were losers. The people I was hanging out with were all in the same position I was. Debt up to their eye balls, no real prospects of getting any further ahead in life than where they already were and they sat around making excuses about how everything that was wrong in their lives was someone else fault. I stopped hanging out with those people and started making friends with people who owned businesses or had contacts. I worked my way into circles of people who were successful and my experience has been that they will treat you pretty much the way you treat them. If you are an asshole they'll treat you like an asshole. If you are nice, they'll be nice. One thing that has been the same about every "Rich" person I have ever known though is that they are almost always happy to help out people who are willing to help themselves and they never help people who haven't tried to help themselves.

If you think rich people are looking down on you maybe you ought to start by looking at yourself first. How do you expect rich people to look at you? Are you one of those people who see's my Corvette parked out next to an island in the empty end of the Walmart parking lot and just has to park your hoopty as close to it as you possibly can? That might be why they look down on you. If you're acting like an ass I'm going to look down on you too.

Here's my opinion. The rich are rich because they work hard and they know how to make their money work for them. They buy assets that appreciate in value and they don't waste money they don't have on assets that depreciate in value. I have owned Corvettes since 1999. I belong to a Las Vegas Corvette club. I have friends who own every make and model of Exotic car you can think of along with Corvettes and I can tell you one thing for certain. The more expensive a car is, the less likely that its financed. If you see a Ferrari with a loan against it its only because the owner has his money in some investment thats making more than the interest on his loan is costing him.

The poor are poor because they either aren't motivated to do the work necessary to become rich or because they do not know how to make their money work for them. More often than not the only reason they are poor is because no one ever taught them to be rich. Instead we have the government, social programs and organizations like the NAACP telling the poor that they are poor because "the man" is holding them down. Here, rather than teaching you how to spend your money wisely and helping you get rid of bad debt we'll just give you a welfare check until you can figure out how to get yourself back on your feet. Does my point of view make me an asshole? Maybe but I'm a happy, successful asshole. The poor don't need handouts. They need education. But the rich can't make them learn unless they want to and the rich can't make them use the lessons they offer. Sometimes you won't even realize they are teaching you something until years later... lol

Fucking spot on.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
20-10-2012, 11:51 PM
Earmuffs there is only one thing you need to know about making money. Its kind of a secret, but I will tell you in confidence.
Screw over as many people as possible!

The newest scheme is to screw everyone, and just take the money right out of the pot. You buy off the politicians, on both sides, and then use them to steal tax payer money. These people take huge sums of money for companies, and then bankrupt them, and the govt has to pick up the tab.

These people do not work hard, and the only thing they deserve is a nice jail cell. Unfortunately, they own the government, so they can do whatever the fuck they want.
[+] 2 users Like Diablo's post
21-10-2012, 09:55 AM
(20-10-2012 11:51 PM)Diablo Wrote:  Earmuffs there is only one thing you need to know about making money. Its kind of a secret, but I will tell you in confidence.
Screw over as many people as possible!

The newest scheme is to screw everyone, and just take the money right out of the pot. You buy off the politicians, on both sides, and then use them to steal tax payer money. These people take huge sums of money for companies, and then bankrupt them, and the govt has to pick up the tab.

These people do not work hard, and the only thing they deserve is a nice jail cell. Unfortunately, they own the government, so they can do whatever the fuck they want.

lol

21-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Donald Trump is a great example. Complete and utter loser, yet he was born with a silver spoon, and had money and contacts. If he wasn't born stupidly rich he would be working as a stock boy at wal-mart.

Mitt Romney is an even better example. They buy a company, load it with debt such that its imminent to fail, cook the books such that it looks to much better than it is, and then drop it on some suckers. Then they only pay half the normal tax rate on the money they earn. Who do you think picks up the tab when they do that? Sure as hell aint Jesus or Kolob.

Stealing money straight from the govt, thus screwing over 310 million people. Its the best business model there is!
21-10-2012, 09:11 PM
All black people steal.

Look, I can make generalizations too.

22-10-2012, 12:05 AM
Where was the generalization? I simply stated a fact. The easiest way to get rich is to rip off as many people as possible!

Bill Gates is another great example.
Microsoft is without a question a monopoly, and had numerous questionable deals in the past. Now they sell a disc and box which might run about $1 + Research + Development on for $200. Even after the R&D is long since payed for they still make $199.99 profit for a box and disc.

One of the questionable practices I remember vaguely was how Bill gates gave computers to schools as a charitable donation.
#1 This is a Tax write off.
#2 The PCs were almost certainly listed as being worth more than they actually costed.
#3 Each PC had windows on it, thus he also deducted the market costs of that. (Essentially he sold Windows to a bunch of schools)
#4 Students Learn windows. OS's are a lot like languages, and people tend to stick to what they know.

Thus not only did he turn a profit on the charitable donation, but he was also creating a new gerneration of windows addicts.
Absolutely brilliant!
22-10-2012, 01:59 AM
(22-10-2012 12:05 AM)Diablo Wrote:  Where was the generalization? I simply stated a fact. The easiest way to get rich is to rip off as many people as possible!

Microsoft is without a question a monopoly, and had numerous questionable deals in the past. Now they sell a disc and box which might run about $1 + Research + Development on for $200. Even after the R&D is long since payed for they still make $199.99 profit for a box and disc.

One of the questionable practices I remember vaguely was how Bill gates gave computers to schools as a charitable donation.
#2 The PCs were almost certainly listed as being worth more than they actually costed.
#3 Each PC had windows on it, thus he also deducted the market costs of that. (Essentially he sold Windows to a bunch of schools)
#4 Students Learn windows. OS's are a lot like languages, and people tend to stick to what they know.

Thus not only did he turn a profit on the charitable donation, but he was also creating a new gerneration of windows addicts.
Absolutely brilliant!

So where's the bit where Bill Gates is ripping people off?

All I herd was schools get free computers and kids get better facilities at said schools and schools have more money to spend on other things because they don't need to buy computers.
And if Microsoft was a monopoly then these schools would be buying Microsoft anyway...

It's like Anchor (milk and dairy company here). This year they started a thing where they're giving free milk to primary school children.
Yes it's a marketing plow as well as they'll be able to write it off as a charitable donation. BUT, thousands of kids get a free thing of milk every morning at school.
So where's the downside?
And if people then buy anchor milk because they want to support a company that does this then so be it.

It's cleaver marketing which is more then a billboard. It's a win-win.

There's no point in talking about this with Diablo. You're the sort of person that complains about big business not doing enough for the people and then when they do they get BS like your last post. Damned if they do damned if they don't with you people.

[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
22-10-2012, 04:07 AM
(22-10-2012 01:59 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(22-10-2012 12:05 AM)Diablo Wrote:  Where was the generalization? I simply stated a fact. The easiest way to get rich is to rip off as many people as possible!

Absolutely brilliant!

So where's the bit where Bill Gates is ripping people off?

All I herd was schools get free computers and kids get better facilities at said schools and schools have more money to spend on other things because they don't need to buy computers.
And if Microsoft was a monopoly then these schools would be buying Microsoft anyway...

It's like Anchor (milk and dairy company here). This year they started a thing where they're giving free milk to primary school children.
Yes it's a marketing plow as well as they'll be able to write it off as a charitable donation. BUT, thousands of kids get a free thing of milk every morning at school.
So where's the downside?
And if people then buy anchor milk because they want to support a company that does this then so be it.

It's cleaver marketing which is more then a billboard. It's a win-win.

There's no point in talking about this with Diablo. You're the sort of person that complains about big business not doing enough for the people and then when they do they get BS like your last post. Damned if they do damned if they don't with you people.

You are once again wrong. If I make a donation, in most cases I can not simply write it off in my taxes and get an equal deduction. This is the same as the CEO of a huge company that pays thousands of people minimum wage deciding to donate a building to a college or a new wing to a hospital. They are using those to not only buy immortality for their name, but also using money paid by the taxpayers (employees they pay only minimum wage to) since all they do is write it off as a deduction. That is not the way you donate money. If you are donating it, you don't get it back. It is like me throwing a hundred dollars in the donation thing at a fast food restaurant and then pulling a gun and demanding that everyone in the place give me a percentage of the hundred I put in until I have it back, but they must leave the money I put in. The problem is that we allow billionaires way too much freedom. Min wage should be higher. If you refuse to employ people in this country, then leave completely. This shit where they go outside the country to build their product and then market it here is rediculous. Don't want to pay wages here leave, but you cannot sell your stuff here. Unless you pay the huge tax to pay for all the government jobs to employ all the people that you won't.
22-10-2012, 06:21 AM
(22-10-2012 01:59 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's cleaver marketing which is more then a billboard. It's a win-win.

I'm with Muffs. Most "give aways" of things of value are win-wins.

That's a good thing.

I think some of you have an unrealistic vision of the finances of a company.

Yes, the entrepreneur gets rich if the company succeeds. Most entrepreneurs do not, they go broke with their ideas, usually repeatedly and the majority gives up.

That is the incentive to bother to start a company, to get rich and not to worry about it anymore. However, starting a company is gruelling work, usually 7 days a week, 12 hours a day or more, for many years. And you do not know if you will lose your ass or succeed.

Most entrepreneurs end up working that hard until they can retire - hopefully a few years early because such a work schedule takes it's toll on body and mind.

That's what makes the backbone of the economy, these extra hard working entrepreneurs, they account for the vast majority of jobs.

Take away the incentive and you've got - crap. No jobs except for government jobs. The average person is in no way willing to invest all their waking hours into work. Nothing new will be created. The economy stalls.

The example of people born with silver spoons in their mouth is totally unrepresentative of entrepreneurs, those folk are far and between and I agree that they should be taxed a lot heavier.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post