Why Is Being Successful A Crime?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-10-2012, 02:39 AM (This post was last modified: 16-10-2012 02:55 AM by kim.)
RE: Why Is Being Successful A Crime?
Uh.. I think the Buffets kind of separated in the late 70s, but they remained married and friends... and of course, they had children and grand kids.
I thought there was some family issue about 10 years ago... I thought it was a divorce, but I think it had something to do with a grandchild.... he disowned one.
I want to say he got married in 05 or something... I don't pay attention to him much.
He didn't actually became a billionaire until the early 90s. He recently finished cancer treatments. Last I saw him, he looked frail but active. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-10-2012, 02:56 AM
(15-10-2012 05:35 PM)NeonMoment Wrote:  I don't hate them because they have money. I hate how they treat other people because they think they are less than they are. I hate how they assume that if you don't have money, you must be lazy or stupid. I hate how they assume they are privileged and can treat others poorly.

I don't mind rich people. I mind assholes. There just happen to be quite a few rich assholes.

I have no issues with successful people whatsoever. But I think this nicely sums it up. I hate cocky people. They drive me nuts. I think this is a large reason for the hate on the success is because sometimes it goes to people's heads and then they have this sense of elitism. We're all human, money or no money. Organs the same, made of the same DNA.
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post
16-10-2012, 03:01 AM
(16-10-2012 02:39 AM)kim Wrote:  Uh.. I think the Buffets kind of separated in the late 70s, but they remained married and friends... and of course, they had children and grand kids.
I thought there was some family issue about 10 years ago... I thought it was a divorce, but I think it had something to do with a grandchild.... he disowned one.
I want to say he got married in 05 or something... I don't pay attention to him much.
He didn't actually became a billionaire until the early 90s. He recently finished cancer treatments. Last I saw him, he looked frail but active. Shy

Probably actually. Was like last year I read the Time article on him.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
16-10-2012, 04:55 AM
I hate rich people... but that is only because I hate everyone, so they are included in that.

You said "especially politicians"... I don't hate them because they are rich, I hate them because they are usually complete scumbags.

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 3 users Like frankiej's post
16-10-2012, 06:42 AM
I don't hate, dislike, or envy the rich, but I resent like mad that I pay a greater percentage in taxes than the rich.
16-10-2012, 09:00 AM (This post was last modified: 16-10-2012 09:06 AM by Diablo.)
(15-10-2012 05:41 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(15-10-2012 05:35 PM)NeonMoment Wrote:  I don't hate them because they have money. I hate how they treat other people because they think they are less than they are. I hate how they assume that if you don't have money, you must be lazy or stupid. I hate how they assume they are privileged and can treat others poorly.

I don't mind rich people. I mind assholes. There just happen to be quite a few rich assholes.

I hate rich assholes too. That's not what I'm talking about though. I wanna know why, as a species, we seem to have some problem with people who are successful. Just the tag of 'rich people' seems to be enough to get some people spouting off about how terrible they all are. I don't understand why.

Huhhsie, I think you are badly confused. You are talking about a myth propagated by the republican party. They hate us because of our success! I don't know of anyone who thinks that, or even heard of anyone who suggested that. Its nothing more than political BS, and you fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

Thus your question makes no sense. You might as well ask why the leprechauns hate jews.

Success in this country is almost completely based on luck.
The only two real important factors are whose vagina you popped out of, and how much sex appeal you have. Intelligence is a very distant third, and even that is luck based mind you. Meanwhile, contrary to popular belief, hard work has little to nothing to do with it.
16-10-2012, 09:20 AM
(16-10-2012 09:00 AM)Diablo Wrote:  
(15-10-2012 05:41 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I hate rich assholes too. That's not what I'm talking about though. I wanna know why, as a species, we seem to have some problem with people who are successful. Just the tag of 'rich people' seems to be enough to get some people spouting off about how terrible they all are. I don't understand why.

Huhhsie, I think you are badly confused. You are talking about a myth propagated by the republican party. They hate us because of our success! I don't know of anyone who thinks that, or even heard of anyone who suggested that. Its nothing more than political BS, and you fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

Thus your question makes no sense. You might as well ask why the leprechauns hate jews.

The only two real important factors are whose vagina you popped out of, and how much sex appeal you have. Intelligence is a very distant third, and even that is luck based mind you. Meanwhile, contrary to popular belief, hard work has little to nothing to do with it.

LOL!!! You seem bitter? So, a college degree will give you no advantages in life if by chance one falls in your lap by pure luck?

Are you a troll?

Ɨ͚͙͢͟͠Ŧ̯͔̳̺̬̣̻ͅ ͖̬̰͖̺Ŧ̭̻̲̳̝̦̗Ⱥ̹̩͚͘͠͡Ꝁ̷͖̲͓̖͍̺̻Ɇ̧͈̟̞S̨̢̟̥̮­͇͈͓͉͉̣ ̶̵̪̜̪̰͕̙̱̜Ⱥ̧̝͉̕Ł̰̤̲͠Ø̨̡̯͍͙̩̭̦̦͔͔͟Ŧ̵̠̣̬̝ͅ­̬͓͚ ̮͍͙Ŧ̷͍͖̳̺͕̲̬͚͜ͅØ̷̷̳̗̠̻ ̻̪M͉̠͟Ⱥ͏̫̳̣Ꝁ̶̷̜̪͈̪Ɇ̧̦̳̻̘͙̗͉̠ ̨̯͉͙͚̫͓̜̗̗͝͝Ⱥ̡͎̳̤͚ ̴̰̥̩͎̜̣̗̕ͅS̢͈Ŧ͕͉͓͚͔Ɇ͕̙͉̫͓͉͈̖͞ͅW҉̗̖̟̳́ ̢͕̲̰͔́͞
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Grassy Knoll's post
16-10-2012, 11:04 AM
(16-10-2012 09:20 AM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  
(16-10-2012 09:00 AM)Diablo Wrote:  Huhhsie, I think you are badly confused. You are talking about a myth propagated by the republican party. They hate us because of our success! I don't know of anyone who thinks that, or even heard of anyone who suggested that. Its nothing more than political BS, and you fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

LOL!!! You seem bitter? So, a college degree will give you no advantages in life if by chance one falls in your lap by pure luck?

Are you a troll?

To be fair, a lot of college degrees aren't worth the paper they're printed on.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
16-10-2012, 11:32 AM
(15-10-2012 05:34 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Why do people seem to hate 'rich people', especially politicians?

Throwing those two in one category seems weird.

Ok, maybe a lot of politicians happen to be rich, but most rich people certanly aren't politicians.

Rich people are like any other people you may want to throw into one category - there are ones I like and ones I don't.

Politicians -I don't basically like them since they don't usually tell the truth about anything but they say whatever they think most people want to hear. That makes politics and elections quite pointless, it's simply the one whose lies you like better who gets your vote.

That's a whole different thing from rich people, they don't need your vote. They need a product or service most people will prefer over their competition.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
16-10-2012, 11:36 AM (This post was last modified: 16-10-2012 12:11 PM by Diablo.)
(16-10-2012 09:20 AM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  
(16-10-2012 09:00 AM)Diablo Wrote:  Huhhsie, I think you are badly confused. You are talking about a myth propagated by the republican party. They hate us because of our success! I don't know of anyone who thinks that, or even heard of anyone who suggested that. Its nothing more than political BS, and you fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

Are you a troll?
I am not sure how you got that from my post... I never said anything remotely close to education doesn't matter.

On that note, President Bush went to Harvard...
Lots of undeserving people enter into ivy league schools as legacies, or just because their mommy and daddy wrote a big check. Once you get a degree from such institutions you are practically set for life.

PS:
Speaking of education, maybe you should attend a few English night classes, because your reading comprehension is pure shit.
Are you an idiot?

EDIT:
I think I see the problem. I said republican party, and you went on defense mode. Ok, replace that with aristocrats.
I hope that removed the sand from your vagina!